Fallout 4 is such garbage I don't want to fix it

But it doesn't have all the other things I describe. I am just spitballing my ideal for a Fallout game that would still use the FPS gameplay to it's fullest in conjunction with the Skill system.

I joined here because I was going through the stages of grief in losing my favorite series. Well, I think I just made another step. It's not acceptence yet, but I no longer think 'mods can fix it.' You have to rewrite the whole fucking game because all the sidequests are fetch quest garbage. The main story makes no goddamn sense, Arthur Maxon's a Marty Stu, nothing about Boston makes sense. I've known for a long time, I didn't even want to learn how to mod to try and fix this turkey, but I don't even daydream writing a fixfic the way I toyed with one for Fallout 3.

Fixing Fallout 4, even for my own headcanon, just inside my own mind, is more trouble than it's worth. In fact, at this point, I'd need to be paid minimum wage to play Fallout 4 again, even with Sim Settlements. It's just....Fallout was more than a series for me. It was an inspiration, it made me question things, it made me want to be a force for good in the world. Maybe I should never have put the effort or a bit of my soul into these games but....maybe that's because Bethesda sure the fuck didn't.

Was it always supposed to be cheesy hipster garbage?! Am I only now getting the memo? Fallout 2 came close. But Fallout 1 and New Vegas? I took them very seriously, I felt they deserved it. I feel they still do.
Charwo that's what me and my friend are making.Rewriting fallout 4, follow me advice me if I do anything wrong

Back