Fallout 5 to be the next Bethesda game after TESVI

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

In the interview above Todd Howard states that Elder Scrolls VI is in pre-production and that they will be doing Fallout 5 after that. He calls their slate pretty full going forward but also states that they have other projects that they look at from time to time. He admits the games take a long time to develop even though he wishes they came out faster. However he wants the game to be as good as possible before they release.

Fallout 5 is in the pipe. Let's hope it never comes out.

Damn, Todd sure is looking old nowadays. I remember that back in his interviews during the Fallout 3 days that he looked 30 or something. It's crazy how much time it has been since Bethesda has taken the lead of the franchise now... I hate having these reminders of how old I'm getting myself... :cry:

Anyhow, is anyone else thinking about how this might be his last Fallout game before retirement given that it might be 10 years until it releases?

Why don't they let an actually competent developer make the next Fallout game (*cough cough* Obsidian *cough cough*)? That way instead of waiting 10 years for an insultingly bad game we can wait 5 years for an okay-ish one. Or, better yet, finally lay this dead franchise to rest and create new things instead of milking the same IP for 20 years. Just an idea, sweet little Todd.

Why don't they let an actually competent developer make the next Fallout game
That's what everybody wants but as we have reported earlier Todd had this to say on the matter:

Proletären said:
McCaffery [at IGN] asks [Todd Howard] if Fallout will go to the back of the line or if another studio, within the "Microsoft family", like InXile or Obsidian could handle the next Fallout, to which Todd replies that Fallout is very much in Bethesdas DNA now and that even though they have worked with other studios in the past he can't say what will happen in that regard. Then Todd says that they already have a one-pager on Fallout 5 that details what they want to do.
Todd Howard said:
Fallout's really part of our DNA here. We've worked with other [developers] from time to time – I can't say say what's gonna happen. You know, we have a one-pager on Fallout 5, what we want to do.

Said one-pager:
- Super Mutants
- Enclave
- BoS!!!!
- More Power Armor
- More settlement building
The rest of the page is just scribbles of Todd Howard banging Pamela Anderson or something.

Because you fags keep buying their games. That is why Paladin Hank.

Unless it's being made by someone else not named Bethesda, this is my response to every Fallout project made by Bethesda.

giphy.gif

I'm honestly really looking forward to the release of Fo5, just to see how they can possibly make it worse than the last one.

Wait, does this mean Starfield is 3 games away? Or is it coming out before this stuff? Just curious, since I think it has a Steam page already.

Have to admit, I do wonder what an actual new Elder Scrolls will look like, although I think I'm personally done with that series, barring some sort of miracle/perfect storm of game design sweeping through the putrid bog at Bethesda.

Wait, does this mean Starfield is 3 games away? Or is it coming out before this stuff? Just curious, since I think it has a Steam page already.
Starfield will release first quarter 2023. It was originally set to be released 11 November this year but they had to postpone that to polish the game some more.

After Starfield they will do Elder Scrolls VI and then Fallout 5. We will probably not see Fallout 5 until the early 2030s, which is good. I hope I will have let Fallout go by that time.

It's a shame I will probably be dead by the time Fallout 5 comes out so I won't be able to talk shit to all you retarded hypocrites that buy it.

Because you fags keep buying their games. That is why Paladin Hank.
I sincerely doubt most people here will be eager to buy the game when it comes out. Unless it turns out to be a masterpiece, which is as likely as me winning the lottery. The only reason I bought their games in the first place is because I didn't know any better and they were my first introduction to rpgs (as sad as that sounds).

Honestly, I don't even care. I have recently booted up New Vegas with some mods and the game is still fun to this day. If I am looking for Fallout-like experience I have got other games to play:

-Stalker 2
-Atomic Heart

That and other games I want to play like:
-Hollow Knight Silksong
-Elden Ring.

Fallout is dead, I am past the point of being angry. We live in terrible timeline, when garbage like notFallout 76 and Diablo Immoral exist.

Heck, you are more likely to win in a lottery or at the stock market than for bugthesda to make a Fallout game that doesn't suck ass.

Back