Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Hassknecht, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Carmelita Fox

Carmelita Fox First time out of the vault

Jun 7, 2018
    You know you fucked up when some czech and russian modders make better Fallout games than you do.

Also, Fallout 3 "lore" is being so heavily obliterated that I don't even know how they will explain that without stating that FO76 isn't canon or nuking all of West Virginia into oblivion after the events of it. 25 years after the war it already has food, water, settlements and more than 1 suit of T-51b PA.

I hope they choke on all the money that casuals gonna throw at them now.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Dionis

Dionis Nuclear Russia Modder

Aug 26, 2016
    You know you fucked up when a person that is a fan of Fallout for 15 years gives zero shit about the new game. I was more hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 and classic Fallout are my favorite games OF ALL TIME.
    Yes Bethesda, go on, milk that shit, I never expected anything else anyway. Mediocre mainstream garbage, and cheap garbage at that.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  3. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Fossil

Mar 16, 2013
    "Four times the size of Fallout 4"

"You can play it entirely singelplayer"

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. cratchety ol joe

cratchety ol joe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 2, 2008
    I just realised...
    • Softcore survival, death means nothing...
    • Massive open world
    • No set 'story' path ("players make their own stories" ~ The Toddster)
    is it Sea of Thieves Fallout edition?...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I might also point out there were fucking Super Mutants in the trailer. 25 years after the war.

At this point they might as well just make them generic rad mutants like they did to ghouls cause I've not a clue how the fuck they're going to stretch this one.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. antigravityslimepig

antigravityslimepig First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2018
    I bought Fallout 3 and 4 (against my better judgement). I have no desire to play this. I'll just stick with Conan Exiles, I can't imagine Bethesda can do a better job at a wasteland survival game. Plus, at least that game definitely has a singleplayer/co-op mode.

7. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    I wonder how nu-Fallout fans who actually do care about the lore and make excuses for Fo3 and Fo4 process these kinds of issues.
    At what point would even they have to admit that something goes too far?

Anyway, it's either V87 muties having emerged super early (which I think will cause issues logically for the DC area but whatever) or we get a fifth location that has FEV.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  8. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    From what I am reading about Fallout 76, seems the leaks were right. Can't say I'm surprised to see how low Bethesda will stoop to milk Fallout but always online, eh?

Hope that ends up like EA Sim City and finishes off Fallout for mainstream audiences.

And for proper nuclear post-apocalypse, there's always Metro.

9. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    3 and 4 lore fans don't give a shit about FEV, is the thing though. The kind of lore they care about is Vault-Tec experiments (primarily) and the Brotherhood of Steel. FEV is a minute detail from Fallout 3 about how super mutants are made.

10. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    The annoying go-to argument for 3 and 4 lore fans is that Bethesda decides the lore now and whatever they say, goes. Even if it gets nonsensical...

11. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Generally the way it goes with bootlicking fans is that they don't consider the meta aspect to it, like they don't allow the idea that Bethesda makes changes for outside reasons (like Super Mutants now being a flanderized aspect of Fallout that are basically a requirement even if means crowbaring them in) and as such don't understand our complaints about it, they just see it as "entitled complaining". I've seen it with other fanbases where the developers arbitrarily change shit and give a half-assed retroactive explanation as to why.

12. Dionis

Aug 26, 2016
    Each time I rewatch the gameplay trailer I'm just fucking speechless.

13. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    At the very least I noticed the guns don't look like gigantic cartoon blocks anymore. So they've got that going for them I guess.

14. Carmelita Fox

Carmelita Fox First time out of the vault

Jun 7, 2018
    You'd have to ask Oxhorn's subscribers how they feel about it, because I don't watch his lore excuse bullshit. It's probably along the lines of "it's possible, therefore justified", which should be laughable to anyone with a functioning brain.

Psst kids, want some FEV?

15. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Isn't it the default Fo4 guns lineup?

16. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    Nothing new. This man has killed Fallout and is now dragging its corpse out for sale once he spent all the money from the last one on hookers and blow.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    At one point in the trailer I saw what looked like a heavy assault rifle/LMG looking thing that actually looked decent and not like the Fo4 assault rifle which was a gigantic retarded looking water cooler.

18. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Was I the only one that noticed the game's "dialogue" in that video?
    I made a picture and even highlighted the "dialogue" for those who missed it:

• [Like] [Like] x 5
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  19. Dionis

Aug 26, 2016
    It is obvious that this one will be all about dumb and brainless running around with bunch of people in pink armor, shooting shit, to loot shit, to build shit, and it waves this collective braindead flag so proudly. LMFAO fuck this childish trash.

20. Norzan

Norzan Vault Fossil

Apr 7, 2017
    Bethesda shot Fallout dead with Fallout 3. Then Obsidian ressurected the series with New Vegas. Then Bethesda shot Fallout again with Fallout 4 and buried the corpse. Now Bethesda is just teabagging the grave.

• [Like] [Like] x 4