Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

So, here it is. The E3 trailer for Fallout 76.

There's stuff in it, and it looks like the focus of the game will be on "rebuilding".
So far no super mutants, too.

/edit:
Here's the full gameplay reveal at E3:

TL;DR:
There are super mutants, it's online (but playable solo), and it will be released 14th of November 2018.

More important news from the conference. Fallout Shelter comes to PS4 and Switch!

Last edited:
I've already pre-ordered 15 of the Fallout 76 Collector Editions.

I'm fucking ready.

ARE YOU GUYS READY?
OMG YASSS (Nice try TODD)

1445730874257.png

People might hate on it right now, but on release day they still all gone buy and play it.

Who knows, might be some dumb fun with friends. Maybe just pirating it is an option.
WHAAT!!!!? (It might be interesting just for the new creatures)

Blank+_df2857f82a4d282793c8de9e83045284.png

I'd rather have someone tell me they've pre-ordered 15 copies of Fo76, than try to convince me that Fallout 3 is a better game than Fallout 2.
he he he....Things I was told.

I find first person more immersive, it's like I'm using my eyes to see with.

Instead of thinking about what the world looked like the game showed it.

I don't like the point and click combat in the old games and I really like the VATS. I use it all the time.

Honestly, I'm just really tired of multiplayer games that force you to deal with other players, and sell you that as the game content. Like Sea of Thieves, fun and relaxing until another player comes by.

Is co-op PvE dead? I miss Fortnite Save the World, the first few weeks until it becomes the blue balls grind hell it's at higher levels.

Hey, "Nu-Fallout" fan here, I've read a few of the pages in this thread now and I just wanna put this out there.
I started with Fallout 3 and I do enjoy it, my favorite game in the series is Fallout 2, and I fully understand that the lore (and just, y'know, general common sense) has been completely screwed up with Bethesda.

With that said, I always - wrongfully and very stupidly - figured that most of the "classic" Fallout fan base would be at least fairly open-minded people. With games like Fallout 1 and 2 lending themselves to a more intelligent conversation - there is so much to consider in Fallout, for example I always thought that the way Fallout presents the simultaneous chaos and order of individual people having to co-exist was both fascinating and well realized - particularly in that this was an RPG, so your character and playing experience were an excellent way to reflect all those ideas. Then we have the writing in both games, the stories themselves and the character interactions - I thoroughly enjoyed it all - but I did so having come from a game I also really enjoyed, that being Fallout 3.

Personally I don't like Fallout 4 much, I don't think it's a terrible game, I just don't like it as an RPG or as a Fallout game. I also don't particularly like the way Fallout 76 looks, for reasons echoed both in this thread and elsewhere on the internet. Thing is, I know a lot of people who are just as interested in the deeper concepts and more sophisticated writing, people who I know are way smarter than I am, and one of them prefers Fallout 3, the other two both like Fallout 4. I think you can all see where I'm going with this, but I really don't understand bashing the "casuals" or, essentially, people who have a different opinion from your own. I do appreciate debate and conversation but, although I highly doubt many of these "casuals" or "NU-Fallout" fans show up here or stay for very long, this isn't really a debate.

I'm aware that I've just sort of cause a debate or conversation and one that I likely won't be able to follow up on quickly due to work and all that, so I guess I'm sorry for that, along with the wall of text. I'm not trying to disrupt here but I did feel that for a community that is clearly at least interested in more sophisticated concepts and stories it'd be nice to see people come across a little less harsh.

And this thread is probably all in jest, so in that case feel free to ignore me.

Thing is, I know a lot of people who are just as interested in the deeper concepts and more sophisticated writing, people who I know are way smarter than I am, and one of them prefers Fallout 3, the other two both like Fallout 4.

Well if they like because it is easier to get into that Fallout 1 and 2 I am not going to say that they are wrong. Won't agree with them either of course.

But when it comes to handling Fallout lore, dialogue, quest writing, and RPG elements Fallout 3 and 4 completely misses the mark.

There are some inconsistencies between the lore of Fallout 1 and 2 but in general it was a cohesive universe and Fallout New Vegas added some new elements to it.

Bethesda on the other hand trampled on it and on the spirit of Fallout in general. From retcons and rewrites to making the universe non nonsensical because the designers think because there are mutants and rayguns as well as pop culture reference (which were always meant to be Easter eggs and not to be taken serious), they could throw in all kinds of wacky and stupid shit.

One reason why we bash on the "casuals" or at least I do is because I sometimes get a sense of entitlement from them (okay we old fans also have that ourselves) that every game franchise needs to appeal to them, even having to be reinvented in order to do so.
And as a result a lot of gaming franchises (and other media) have lost the quality that once made them so appealing.

I'm not trying to disrupt here but I did feel that for a community that is clearly at least interested in more sophisticated concepts and stories it'd be nice to see people come across a little less harsh.

It's been roughly 10 years of waiting for sophisticated concepts and, with the exception of FNV, everything else has been mediocre or below average. FNV tried and it's regarded as being too boring by general audiences because they aren't hearing ka-ching every 30 seconds.

I'm actually glad Fallout 76 is happening. It's high-time people realize what the IP actually means to management. No more playing charades and trying to convince yourself that helping a woman date rape a guy for good karma is the creme de la creme of choices and consequences.

I'm just exhausted from arguing about Bethesda's terrible games. But I'm still gonna, cause fuck the creatures in 76

Last edited:
So I didn’t want to pre-emptively title this Fallout 76: PoS 2 but with more information available now I don’t have much hope. The focus of this action game is shooting shit and building bases and getting fucked over by people with no jobs who spend all their time playing the game so they are outfitted in power armour and Gatling lasers.

Speaking of Betheshit. I am excited for Elder Scrolls VI, Doom Eternal, and Rage 2. At least they can fuck those up however they like because it was originally their's. Well except Doom, but they haven't betrayed Doom at all. They did it justice if anything.
That's because bethesda didn't made the last DOOM. ID software did.

Skip to 5:28 for Fallout 76

But basically:
- No offline
- Playing 'Solo' will still have you seeing other players
- No NPCs, excluding robots - PvP is still being tweaked to avoid greifing
- Modding will be present in 76 but not at launch
- Private servers will happen

Last edited:
D

But basically:
- No offline

What's stopping a solo private server? Would it just be an empty sandbox?

I always - wrongfully and very stupidly - figured that most of the "classic" Fallout fan base would be at least fairly open-minded people.

Many of us are, we just don't take kindly to corporations bastardizing the works of art we cherish. Interplay was a relatively small company that developed games for a niche market. Zenimax basically took our baby by force and slowly morphed it into something unrecognizable. Why? To increase cash flow marketing to a wider audience. They tossed us aside and gave us the finger because we weren't the most profitable demographic. So please consider cutting the classic Fallout community a little more slack. We will likely never see a new professionally developed version of our favorite game. Because of greed. Wouldn't that make you a little grumpy?

Thing is, I know a lot of people who are just as interested in the deeper concepts and more sophisticated writing, people who I know are way smarter than I am, and one of them prefers Fallout 3, the other two both like Fallout 4. I think you can all see where I'm going with this, but I really don't understand bashing the "casuals" or, essentially, people who have a different opinion from your own.

Let me ask you a question, do any of these people develop video games or write for a living? Do they have any credentials beyond being people you personally consider to be intelligent? While the Bethesdout titles certainly possess at least a few redeeming elements, holy shit, their writing is not something you want to bring up when trying to make a case for them being good games. Fallout, Fallout 2, and New Vegas are western RPGs with dynamic branching story structure. They could easily be published as standalone table top games or choose your own adventure novels with only the slightest of modification. By contrast, Fallouts 3 and 4 are exploration shooters with light RPG elements tacked on the side. These games were developed with fundamentally different design philosophies at their core. The fact that your friends even entertain the idea these two things could be comparable in the writing department is not only fucking laughable but makes me seriously doubt their credibility when it comes to analyzing video games.

I'm aware that I've just sort of cause a debate or conversation and one that I likely won't be able to follow up on quickly due to work and all that, so I guess I'm sorry for that, along with the wall of text. I'm not trying to disrupt here but I did feel that for a community that is clearly at least interested in more sophisticated concepts and stories it'd be nice to see people come across a little less harsh.

And this thread is probably all in jest, so in that case feel free to ignore me.

Why the fuck would you even write this then if you realize we are all mostly joking? You post a wall of text calling us close minded and implying we're a bunch of unsophisticated assholes, then try to completely absolve yourself of responsibilty by telling us to 'ignore you'. Did you honestly expect not to get called out on this? Or are you simply looking for attention? I try not to hate you 'New Fallout' fans, but holy fuck it's people like you that make it so difficult in the first place. Let us laugh at Fallout 76 in peace. Sorry if you think we're being 'too harsh' on something you like.

TerminallyChill, take a chill pill and chill out for a bit. :drunk:

Don't take things too seriously. :whistle:

Sorry, I might have been a bit over the top in my response. I'm just not one to let the entire community be passively insulted without saying something.

But basically:
- No offline

This is going to be a real shit show, judging by how most people play games like Ark and Rust. Bethesda appears to be completely out of their element with no concrete ideas on how to prevent greifing in a game featuring persistent combat. And nukes. As soon as the beta opens to the public, the developers are going to realize how monumentally they have fucked up. Fallout 76 was definitely a Zenimax idea.

Back