Fallout 76 Really Sucks. People Act Shocked.

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
In a relationship it is good practice to never say “I told you so” no matter how justified you are. It doesn't matter ultimately if you were right and they were wrong, and they acted like a petulant child stubbornly refusing to admit wrongdoing - what matters is how best to move forward. Fallout fans worldwide now feel the pain that was first spawned here at No Mutants Allowed long ago.

First the clueless video game executives rushed Fallout 2 creating this doomed timeline in which we exist. That created an overabundance of pop culture shenanigans that set the stage for future dunce cap escapades. Someone up top must have saw dollar signs because they made a spinoff. If we knew that would be the last turn-based isometric Fallout, maybe we would have treated it more kindly? Who knows. They rushed it out the door in a buggy state (common trend is it?) as a result - it did not meet their expectations. But there was a numbered sequel on the horizon. Hope was not dead yet.

The halls of NMA were filled with strife. Fallout Tactics left a bad taste in the mouths of the Glittering Gems. The writing was on the wall. Fallout 3 was shaping up to be truly unique though. They even had a brand new engine to show off more fancy polygons. Then came word of a console spinoff.

We were told if we wanted games like Fallout 3, we needed to buy Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, which was essentially Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance with more retarded shit. I am told words like “shit” are unprofessional, but there is a clear distinction between garbage and shit. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was so bad it was offensive. Fallout: PoS as it came to be known was truly depressing for fans of the series.

If you lurk among the denizens of Youtube you might find a few fans in the comment section. You will invariably note they were all children when they played it, or they are just huge Fallout fanboys. At one time it held the lowest scores in the series.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/11/20/...in-history-fallout-4-dlcs-have-higher-scores/

Not for long perhaps.

Interplay imploded due to mismanagement not long after. The radio went dark. Time passed. Word came of Bethesda buying the rights to the franchise. A faint glimmer of hope was there for fans of Daggerfall and Morrowind. Some of the oldest of the Glittering Gems cried afoul. They predicted a dark future of simplification and retardation that almost everyone in existence wrote off as butthurt fanboy hyperbole.

Fallout 3 boasted 50 zillion endings with unlimited possibilities (if you mod it) and to it's defense it is the most RPG-like of the Bethesda Fallout games. That being said NMA was not treated kindly. Bethesda knew the enemy. The enemy was the Old Guard. There was a great schism that took from us some of our most esteemed members. No doubt Bethesda shills lurked in the shadows filled with glee at NMA being torn apart. There was rumor of Interplay coming back with a proposed MMO abomination, but it was not meant to be.

Yet Fallout: New Vegas heralded by the (once great) Obsidian was on the horizon. Just when all hope was lost, a single blessing was bestowed upon us. Not due to Bethesda or their good will for certain, since they shafted Obsidian their bonus due to a single Metacritic score, and forced them to release the game so early it seemed like intentional sabotage.

Bethesda's main team spearheaded supposedly by Todd (Godd) Howard spent eons on Fallout 4 with little to show for it; voiced protagonist, god rays, removing skills, more FPS even fewer choices in regards to quest choices...Bethesda makes enough money to launch a rocket into outer space, but the same bugs from Morrowind appear time after time.

Maybe that is why Fallout 4 is currently at 84 on Metacritic. The exact same score as New Vegas. Diminishing returns Zenimax. Do you see them? Do you have a single video game player on your board? No, you have some movie executive, a retired athlete, and a handful of trust fund babies that probably have blue skin and bug eyes when you put on special pairs of sunglasses.

So Bethesda release Fallout Shelter around the time they release Fallout 4 to fatten the bank accounts of faceless executives in dark boardrooms just a little bit more. Recently they announced a Chinese version called Fallout Shelter Online, so they can milk the profits of China in the hypothetical universe where we went to war with China, while we start a real war with China. We are breaking boundaries here.

It is a debacle you must see. They delay reviews as long as possible with everyone and their dog knowing full well how bad this game is. IGN still has not put up a review, as if the content is so jam packed they simply cannot get it out in time. Either it is sheer cognitive dissonance on a scale engineered by moon lasers in space, or these guys are paid shills.

As of 12:58 PM, November, 20th they have not launched a review. I'll wait. Is it surprising that a lawyer was running Zenimax Media up until 2017? These guys are responsible for making decisions that trickle down onto the heads of poor schmucks like Pete Hines, that are just scrambling to keep their jobs.

This is ridiculous on the scale of absurdity. People are defending this nonsense. “B-but they have 6 DLC's planned, Toront!”

Shut your mouth. Tell your Mommy to stop buying you all the DLC, so these Reptilians at Zenimax don't create the Second Great Video Game Crash - because it is on the horizon. I welcome it actually but don't act surprised. Fallout 76 has the least content of any of the recent games. Fallout Tactics has more variety in quest structure.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (PoS) has a better LAST BOSS.

The last boss in Fallout 76 is called a Scorchbeast Queen. It is a reskin of a Dragon in Skyrim. It uses the same animations. It drops rare blueprints for something called Ultracite Power Armor of course because why not? They already retconned the Brotherhood of Steel with satellites that nobody ever mentioned. Why? They are afraid you are too stupid to figure out the power armor doesn't have to be worn by Brotherhood of Steel guys. Anybody can wear it. FREE STATES perhaps? This game could have featured all new factions but they wanted to maximize profits.

But you will still defend it. You might have a Brotherhood of Steel chapter in your backyard right now. Go check. Nope. Just another Enclave base. They are everywhere too. Video game critics like Jim Sterling have called people like us entitled because we refuse to shove Todd Howard's leftover dog turds into our mouth at every opportunity. Perhaps that is why we were not invited to West Virginia to be doted upon like royalty. The only people that are entitled are the ones reaping rewards for being shills. Not NMA though pardner.

I don't feel entitled to very much these days. I rarely play these games because they are mindless shit; offensively bad to the point it disgusts me. Video games are not art. This is not art. It devalues the entire medium. You can see it on the faces of the developers. You can see what is happening to Blizzard will soon happen to Bethesda. I implore you to reconsider future purchases from Zenimax. Notice I said Zenimax, not Bethesda? They already destroyed Arkane and id Software. They gutted them for valuable intellectual property, but they obviously are not investing those resources on making games better. They are just making more games.

Zenimax might be running a social experiment of sorts. How many $5 hats are you going to buy in Fallout 76? Oh I see. You never buy cosmetics, but that expansion with the new area they added? Tempting you say? You are part of the problem. Stop buying their trinkets and bobbles.

I'm talking to you too NMA. Stop buying $200 power armor collectibles so old guys can keep ruining things we like. Stop buying Elder Scrolls because you can mindlessly roam around for 200 hours before saying the games sucks, but modding it is cool.

You can go to that mountain over there folks. You can climb it. At the top there will be nothing to do except pick up some Holotapes that take huge radioactive dumps all over what remains of the lore. A 12 year old shitposter by the name of LEETSKILZ69 might shoot you, but you don't have to shoot back, just keep ROLEPLAYING.

This is the Burger King of games. They took one of those $100 burgers they eat in their restaurants with names most people can't pronounce, ate half of it, and reformed it into a totally new burger with all their disease seeping into it. Take a big bite folks. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I have found on YouTube:

No one has to believe me I am not naming names or anything but I recently had a off the record chat with an employee at obsidian at a concert literally last week. It seems that the development of New Vegas was seen as a challenge and many people on the development team took it as a friendly and personal challenge to make a good game, better even than Fallout 3. After all if they could follow up a critically acclaimed game successfully the game world would be their oyster. After the success Bethesda took it as a burn and had an attitude of how dare you make a better selling and better made game than us. You brought up the bonuses based on Metacritic scores that was supposed to be based on sales figures and when New Vegas outsold Fall out 3 Bethesda flipped. They promised that bonus not thinking it would sell better and when it did they claimed it only sold well because the hype was still there for Fallout 3 and came up with some random legal jargon to deny the bonuses. After some heated talks Obsidian left with being told that they will never work on a Bethesda game again and New Vegas will never be ported or remade. So much for a New Vegas remaster folks
Is a nonsens typical fan theory. I can't remember how often Obsidian stated that they would be happy to make another Fallout game if Bethesda wants too. It was a lot. So no they don't hate each other.

Is a nonsens typical fan theory. I can't remember how often Obsidian stated that they would be happy to make another Fallout game if Bethesda wants too. It was a lot. So no they don't hate each other.

Frankly, I don't even care if it is real or not. The industry is full of lies, misinformation, etc. Sure, this one is most likely fake, I wouldnt be surprised. But thing is, there is a thread about bugthesda and zenimax shady stuff, which makes such fan theories like this popup. Fallout 76 is a cash grab, pure and simple. Bugthesda Has been creatively bankrupt since Morrowind or earlier.

All this game does is confirm that the franchise is dead, despite 3 doing it in the first place.

Only now, bugthesda is no longer charming with it's bugs but straight out pathetic or bethetic.

The only thing that matters are other games such as Encased and whether or not bugthesda goes bankrupt so that EA or Ubisoft can buy the rights and piss on it even further.

None of those people have actually worked on Fallout 76. People say that Howard wasn't even there most of the time. I doubt 76 was his idea either.
Todd Howard was the game's Director and it was written by Emil:
F5CEoeQ.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8495446/
Not to mention that both Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios had to approve the game. They have to approve every game from their IPs. They decide what's in the games of their IPs too. That is why Bethesda had to tell Obsidian what they could or couldn't make/include in Fallout New Vegas (and Obsidian did had quite a few restriction, like how the game had to be after Fallout 3 in timeline, how they couldn't include an entire settlement, how they had to see three landmarks from each other landmark, etc).
You are missing the point, it's the Millenials and younger generations who shape today's gaming industry, games are made by them and more importantly FOR them. They have no issues paying for shit games, be it a mobile game or a console game. Yes, console games, the beginning of the disease called consolitis, it was all because of the Millenials. Not to mention they are the ones who praise FO3 and 4 and keep shitting on the original games, which wasn't made by the Millenials.
And you're missing the point too. They are definitely aiming at the 35-40 audience, because those are the ones that buy games. And they are making the games more dumbed down because many of those players have no time or patience to play complex games. Even Pete Hines said that was why they made Fallout 4 dialogue teh way it was, because he as a gamer couldn't be bothered to read all of it because the older he gets, the less patience he has for that.
They do make their games "kiddie safe" so parents play them with their own kids, so the kids grow and then become consumers too. But it is definitely aimed at the older people, with fat wallets, that prefer a game that doesn't take long to get into and play.
Who do you think buys all those shitty mobile games today, not to mention spend money on shitty microtransactions? I'm 48 and I've never even wanted a smartphone, let alone paying to play games on it.
Just because you're different from the average consumer, doesn't make all consumers to be like you. I use public transports here and I can tell you that majority of people who play those shitty mobile games are adults, the younger people are usually using Social Media, Chat/Messaging and watching videos/comics on their phones.
I am also not interested in mobile games, but I can see every time I go on a bus, that I am in the minority here.
I highly doubt that people of that age group or older would be interested in playing an online game with a 12 year old though. In other words, I doubt FO76 was made for them. And I bet they are the ones who complain the most about 76.
And I highly believe they want to play the game with 12 years old, if they are their kids. As a matter of fact, a few stories from Fallout 76 players are about how while making their character in the vault start (before you can mute other players speech), they could hear adults talking to kids about their characters in the same room. There is even that famous story about the awful father that was berating his kid while he was making his character, because his kid's character wasn't white enough. It even made the kid cry.

Last edited:
They are definitely aiming at the 35-40 audience, because those are the ones that buy games.

A 35-37 year old is a Millenial by definition, according to some sources so is a 40 year old.

My generation (X) has never been all that interested in video games, only nerds like me and we were a minority. When I was in high school (around 85-86) there were only a handful of kids in my class who owned a C64.

Last edited:
Bugthesda Has been creatively bankrupt since Morrowind or earlier

I would say it was Oblivion. Perhaps that's why they needed the Fallout IP.

All this game does is confirm that the franchise is dead, despite 3 doing it in the first place.

When Beth bought the IP, it was already dead though. FO3 was pretty much Frankenstein's monster.

Only now, bugthesda is no longer charming with it's bugs but straight out pathetic or bethetic.

Yup, they've literally become a meme.

The Frankenstein's Monster analogy has a sort of layer of the ironic and appropriate to it - what with its fans wanting to kill Bethesda now for the continuation, and expansion even, of problems with that game.

And @nkchan16 , its nice to hear someone else hasn't moved past flip phone that's even older. Hell I didn't have texting until my phone plan gave it to me for free after my old grandfathered plan ended and they shifted me over to the next closest one about 5 years ago.

At this point i'm at the "call me if they ever make a Fallout game worth a damn and if it never happens, too bad" phase. I have absolutely no expectations for a game that is anything like the first two or New Vegas, so i just play other franchises in the meantime when i'm not playing those three.

@Rheios

I grew up in a house without a phone up until the mid 80's, that's probably why I've never been interested in smartphones or cellphones. I'm also never really been a social type with unpleasant amount of friends, which is why I don't need one. Even my dumb phone was given to me as a birthday present. My friends and family would keep nagging me about buying a smartphone and I'd always refuse. I honestly don't like the idea of being called by people whenever they want to, I also don't want to deal with Indian scammers or spam SMS everyday. I even turn my dumb phone off, unless I'm expecting a call. As you can imagine, seeing people wandering around in the streets with their faces buried in their smartphone screen is pretty disturbing for me.

I don't care about social media either. Twitter is a nice tool to get yourself into trouble, so is Facebook, which is also nothing but a tool to find old friends who you no longer care about, and maybe to play Farmville, and Instagram is just cancer.

Let's face it though, the G.I. Generation was the best. Everything afterwards (i.e. us) is just downhill.

Let's face it though, the G.I. Generation was the best. Everything afterwards (i.e. us) is just downhill.

We're all a product of the times we live in and unfortunately there's very little we can do to change that, but we can at least acknowledge the flaws of our generation and ponder about the reasons why we are the way we are.

@Rheios

I grew up in a house without a phone up until the mid 80's, that's probably why I've never been interested in smartphones or cellphones. I'm also never really been a social type with unpleasant amount of friends, which is why I don't need one. Even my dumb phone was given to me as a birthday present. My friends and family would keep nagging me about buying a smartphone and I'd always refuse. I honestly don't like the idea of being called by people whenever they want to, I also don't want to deal with Indian scammers or spam SMS everyday. I even turn my dumb phone off, unless I'm expecting a call. As you can imagine, seeing people wandering around in the streets with their faces buried in their smartphone screen is pretty disturbing for me.

I don't care about social media either. Twitter is a nice tool to get yourself into trouble, so is Facebook, which is also nothing but a tool to find old friends who you no longer care about, and maybe to play Farmville, and Instagram is just cancer.
I have twitter and facebook under other names, but mostly its just ears. Well, I also talk to some old friends but always privately. So far as the phone, I just don't see a need for it. Even texting seemed silly, although my friends also nagged me about it. I'm a Software Engineer. I'm at a computer almost all day in some fashion. The times I'm not? Its kindof nice not to distract myself with the net.

The Indian scammers annoy the heck out of me, although its fun to start asking them actual questions about their bs 'computer virus' warnings.

I was bored, and had plenty of time (since I'm sick and don't feel like doing anything more useful). Here I am to add more review scores:
Here are some reviews by consumers (not critics):

I will also update my previous posted rates:
Some more positive reviews:

Last edited:
How could somebody give this turd more than 5/10 is beyond me.. Still so nice to see this flop lol
Take that Todd. It just doesn't work lol

oh boy. When IGN give a 5.0 for your triple A, you know you are in deep shit.

But even though it does not look like it, Zenimax is not commanded by mules. They can afford to do this kind of experiment.

Tomorrow or later, they announce Fallout 3 remake and suddenly "OMG BEST DEV OF THE GEN GOD HOWARD WILL SAVE US AGAIN"

oh boy. When IGN give a 5.0 for your triple A, you know you are in deep shit.

But even though it does not look like it, Zenimax is not commanded by mules. They can afford to do this kind of experiment.

Tomorrow or later, they announce Fallout 3 remake and suddenly "OMG BEST DEV OF THE GEN GOD HOWARD WILL SAVE US AGAIN"

A Fallout New Vegas remake... People would go crazy.

Back