Fallout Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Odin, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Morpoggel

Morpoggel Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks, but through the magical ways of the search button, I had already found a problem to my solution... I mean an answer to my question. The guy had the same problem with the FUBAR colors when using PrtScrn. But now I know how to make a good screenshot. And now I'm happy.

2. Hotel California

Hotel California Mildly Dipped

Feb 6, 2005
    Husky

In Fallout 1, on the ground floor in the cathederal, when you are in the corridor with the muttie with the laser gattling gun there is a dog outside.
    It says :

"You see : Sasha
    You see a siberian husky waiting paitently for her master"

You also have the option to talk to it, but its in an unreachable area!
    This i've never been able to understand.
    I have a screen shot but knowhere to upload it (but i could send it to someone who does if needed)

3. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Re: Husky

No way! That's obviously a Photoshop job! Same thing people did with the "Decker" character and the supposed "dungeon" level under the Hub!

There is no cow level!!!

4. clercqer

clercqer Senator oTO Orderite

Feb 14, 2005
    Re: Husky

Just put a tp and Wirt's leg in the cube, jeez. :P

5. Hotel California

Feb 6, 2005
    Would you like my save file Per ... have you checked ?
    I'll email it to you for proof, the save file AND the screen shot (BTW its eglish version with the children patch and vr 1.2)

Can anyone back me up on this ?

6. Per

Apr 1, 2004
    Stop this cruel April Fool's joke already!!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHH the anguish!!!!!!1

IF THERE WAS A DOG YOU'D BE ABLE TO GET TO IT

7. Hotel California

Feb 6, 2005
    Seriously !!!!!!!!!! (sorry for the overkill, but you're just not believing me)

Explain where to upload a file or picture and you can all see it

8. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    We still don't believe you, there is no way such a thing could exist. Do you think we are all so gullible?

If you really must post a picture (though obviously it is going to be a hoax), Image Shack should serve your purpose.

We all realize it's April Fools, you will not trick us.

9. Hotel California

Feb 6, 2005
    This is on an English version of fallout, vr 1.2, with the U.S. children's patch on. If you want the save go ahead. Ask!

http://img101.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img101&image=scr000023mz.png

This is not a joke, and it isn't even april!

Edit: (Hangs head in shame ... Apparently it is april ... as of 1.15 ago ... that i wasn't expecting :oops:)

However, this is not a fool, and i'm sorry for my stupid calanderial skills

10. clercqer

clercqer Senator oTO Orderite

Feb 14, 2005
    Yes Per, remember what you made so painfully clear to me?

11. Hotel California

Feb 6, 2005
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA .....

*Jumps up and down*

Great proof i have ....

This is from Duck and Cover, http://duckandcover.cx/features/bible/bible6.php#questions

12. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
    Good job Hotel California, though you didn't exactly think outside of the box.

Did you notice Per's signature?
    Now if you checked the Fallout guide, searching for "Sasha," you will find:
    In fact, it might urge me to exclaim "April's Fools!" myself.

13. Per

Apr 1, 2004
    Aww, I was just composing a fake "Pie In The Face" entry saying there were usually Sashas in Interplay games but not, as it turned out after consulting Chris Jones, in Fallout. In mock MCA style and all.

14. Hotel California

Feb 6, 2005
    Oh ....

Way to roast the noob.

Kudos Per, those guides are excellent, the fallout 2 one esspecially. Unfortunatly, as only you realised it was april's fool, so as personal record, its quarter to two am and i've been got already :P

still, its just something i noticed earlier today whist on another run through.
    :oops:

15. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    But... there is no Sasha... [Sasha bends] :lol:

16. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2005

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/pc/fallout1/Easter Eggs.shtml

17. Mulluk

Mulluk First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2003
    Wow, it tells me it's been two years since i was last here. Spooky. Just reinstalled FO1 (Again) to reply it, and found that the desktop icon is an odd digitised photo of a man in glasses with a beard?

Is this a developer?

If this has already been covered and everyone's sick to death of hearing about it, I apologise far far in advance.

18. Morpoggel

Morpoggel Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 21, 2005
    Jee, you found an easter egg. It's one of the developers alright IIRC... but the desktop icon? I just have the Fallout.exe looking like the bearded dude but my desktop icon is just as it should be.

19. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    the small fallout icon, is just a small FalloutBoy, the 48x48 icon (i.e. switching from small to large icons) is a digi-pic of Tim Cain's face IIRC. Why? Because in Windows, a program can have different icon definitions for 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48

20. Joachim

Joachim It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2005
    is the special encounter from FO2 where you appear in the desert but there are brahmin guts everywhere around you and then like 5 brahmin walking towards you and when they get close (they start like 5 feet away) BOOM! and then if you survived the first wave, walked away a bit and came back more would come. I don't know what it's called because I always accidently die when I do it but is this a fallout spoof of the Mad Cows Level from Diablo 2? except in this one they don't explode but the dead cows in diablo 2 did infact explode if you clicked on them