Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

I am running Fallout mods on my mac using crossover (loved Nevada by the way!). Unfortunately I can't get past the installation step where I have to extract undat.exe (Command return 255 - no idea what this means....)

Anyone would have an idea how to run this from a mac? Sorry being a mac user for work

From what do you get this error id? undat.exe should not be extracted, you should run it as a program. A screenshot would be very helpful :)

Crossover is creating virtual windows bottles. I tried creating bottles running windows XP and windows 7, and installed both Fallout 1 and 2 in those bottles. Then I paste the Fallout1in2 folder into the fallout 2 directory and run undat.exe

Here is the error I get

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.58.30.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 15.58.30.png
    342.1 KB · Views: 668
Hey! I came from waiting for the fallout fixt release when a guy recommended your mod to me. It's my first time ever playing fallout 1/2 and this is a great way to experience it! Thank you!

So far no problems (just reached Junktown with Unarmed build, FO2 moves change a lot).

Thanks a lot for your work!

Edit: @Lexx So I basically finished almost entire Junktown (rescued hostage at hotel, dealt with Morbid, killed Gizmo and recruited Dogmeat) before I headed into Neal's bar. When Neal shot Skullz guy game froze and I got a memory error (save also got corrupted).

I've made two saves when I reached Junktown, so I continued from there. Ignored everything else and headed straight to Neal. Neal killed Skullz guy without a problem and I was able to finish the quest with confession. Other things seem to be working fine (raider spawned in hotel after renting a room and Gizmo's assassin attacks Killian). I'll try to replicate my exact steps tomorrow and check if problem persists.

Last edited:
Crossover is creating virtual windows bottles. I tried creating bottles running windows XP and windows 7, and installed both Fallout 1 and 2 in those bottles. Then I paste the Fallout1in2 folder into the fallout 2 directory and run undat.exe

Here is the error I get

Ok, I have no experience with mac and I'm not sure how Crossover differs from using WINE in Linux. The error code ain't telling me much either sadly. It could be an issue with .NET framework not working properly under crossover, any settings or profiles around for that? It needs at least .NET 4.0.

Might be worth trying to use WINE if possible.

If anyone else is playing on mac and have managed to get undat.exe working, please do tell.

Do the other / old .dat extraction tools work on Mac? In worst case one could manually extract the files from undat_files.txt and move them into the right folder.

Just the way they are in fo1's master.dat into the Fallout1in2/data/ folders. The file paths can be seen in the undat_files.txt file.

Shady Sands freeze/crash

Returning from (Rad) Cave, I was freeze/crash upon entering Entrance or Brahmin Pen. The only source of freeze I can think of is the poisoned state I have

EDIT: windows7 and no antivirus running.

Last edited:
Does it only crash there? Do you have some Antivir running? If yes, disable it or whitelist the ddraw.dll file, then try again. Maybe that will fix the crashes.

I figure out how to circumvent that freeze.

The game used to run in 800x600 (because). Now I change it to 1280*960 (my monitor res). And the game process fine.

I note that in the windows log lower left, there're 3 lines of poisons get out of system. Possibly THAT was the process mess with loading location data (Tandi gone) AND resolution.

Last edited:
Dim's Dat Explorer won't work with Fallout 1 dats, they have a slightly different format and are NOT compatible with the Fallout 2 DAT Format.

Last edited:
Couldn't he just write an asterisk in undat_files.txt to get all extracted?
Sadly a lot of old tools are not available today anymore, even my own old tool backups where trashed with the old hdd. But even then, 99% where MS/Windows only :\

Couldn't he just write an asterisk in undat_files.txt to get all extracted?
Sadly a lot of old tools are not available today anymore, even my own old tool backups where trashed with the old hdd. But even then, 99% where MS/Windows only :\

dat2.exe supports extracting a list of files or all of them and both fo1/fo2 dats, the issue here is that he needs to get any of the tools working in mac first.

Well, we have lot of stuff here: https://fodev.net/files/fo2/ and also more specifically old team-x tools: https://fodev.net/files/mirrors/teamx-utils/!_INDEX_en.html

But yeah, I don't know if anyone ever wrote any mac tools, and besides if it's old it won't work on current os without recompilation since apple changed architecture from powerpc to x86/x64

I figure out how to circumvent that freeze.

The game used to run in 800x600 (because). Now I change it to 1280*960 (my monitor res). And the game process fine.

I note that in the windows log lower left, there're 3 lines of poisons get out of system. Possibly THAT was the process mess with loading location data (Tandi gone) AND resolution.

That's probably because You were using that in ddraw.ini:

PatchFile3=mods\InterfaceUpscaled

this itself requires resolution far higher than 800x600. If I remember right it needs at minimum 1024x768 @Lexx please correct me if I'm wrong

Did you guys change the loot in Vault 15?

I remember my first hunting rifle was here on 2nd floor. No sign of it~

Back