Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@Hubal .. dude you're on the forums from like 2014 You should know Fallout1 insde out by now, and yet You never met Patrick the celt?!

He was the vanilla game way of increasing the charisma stat by +1.. the thing is it does not get removed if You enable the option for BoS doctor to boost CHA, and you'll get a total of +2CHA if you're lucky: +1 from Patrick (if you manage to stumble upon him) and +1 from Lorri the BoS doc. For patrick to increase the CHA you need to pick correct lines and pass a speech check.. (although I know nothing about the numbers in that speech check).

That's why I hate the addition of CHA from the BoS. Same with the luck stat, by the way. Those two are acquired from other places than the BoS and adding them to the Doc was a mistake. Personally I would have removed it already, but it's behind the Fixt toggle, so I thought whatever..

I played Fallout 1 in 1998 on pc with Windows 95. This is my second playthrough of this game. After 24 years Lexx made it somewhat playable. Heresy I know.

@actually I tried FIXT but never made further than Hub

Finished recently again, great job Lexx.

One strange thing: after completing caravan job a few NPCs spawn- teamster, brahmins and customers.

Teamster acts like a normal NPC, but customers and brahmins don't. Brahmins dissapear after being hit, while customers do after completing their combat turn. Is it supposed to work like that?

Finished recently again, great job Lexx.

One strange thing: after completing caravan job a few NPCs spawn- teamster, brahmins and customers.

Teamster acts like a normal NPC, but customers and brahmins don't. Brahmins dissapear after being hit, while customers do after completing their combat turn. Is it supposed to work like that?
You're probably playing EtTu with FIXT-enabled option.. there are some leftover script lines in caravan job scripts. Sduibek meant to make an optional way to earn few extra $$ for the player by unloading boxes from the caravan, ( that is before returning with the caravan back to hub, if You want to ofcourse). I don't think it ever got finished as no animations were present only fade-in & fade-out

So the caravan was there, you attack them and then they disappear? If so, which location?
They don't act normal how? You mean the disappearing part or something else?

The caravan unloading is enabled even without Fixt-option. I didn't even noticed this was added by Fixt. Now that explains why I thought this part felt weird ... It's basically just free money for a minor time skip.

/Edit: I just checked the script. Caravan unloading was added by TeamX/Wasteland Ghost for the Restoration Project.
Can't find anything that would make customer and brahmin disappear after shooting them. My guess is you somehow managed to attack them right as their 2 hours timer was running out - that's the only time where the script will remove them.

Last edited:
My guess is you somehow managed to attack them right as their 2 hours timer was running out - that's the only time where the script will remove them.

Possible, as I first unloaded the cargo.

Happened both at the Adytum with Crimson Caravan and Junktown with Far Go.

Thanks for explanation.

First and foremost, feeling a bit too lazy at the moment to either read through the thread or experiment myself, so I'll just ask outright.
1. Can I play F2 from the directory that this mod is piggybacking on? And by extension, can I cram the Restoration Project in there and expect both games being playable? In theory I could just install another F2 just for RP, but I kind of have little disc space to play around with right now.
2. Do I need to keep F1 installed?
3. Is there a possibility of adding the "press shift to highlight items/containers" mod (the name of which continuously escapes me)?
4. Same as above but inventory sorter.

1. Yes, ettu is installed in its own subfolder, doesn't interfere with the original F2 or RP.
2. No after you run undat.exe and extract necessary files from F1.
3. Yes, the function is already included.
4. Yes, but you need to install it separately.

1. Yes, ettu is installed in its own subfolder, doesn't interfere with the original F2 or RP.
2. No after you run undat.exe and extract necessary files from F1.
3. Yes, the function is already included.
4. Yes, but you need to install it separately.
3. Doesn't want to work. There seems to be a typo, since ctrl is assigned number 28, while its key=29. Fixed that, doesn't work. Tried enabling other keys, one at a time, neither works. Tried the same on a new game, doesn't work. Weird, all other stuff and edits seem to function properly so far.

By default the one in ettu has LOS check enabled, make sure the stuff you want to highlight is within your player character's line of sight.

Item highlighting without LOS check is lame. IMO it should have always been on by default. Now people got used to the whole-map cheat and can't live without it anymore.

Back