Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Gym83

Gym83 First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2013
    Unfortunately it is the same... It doesn't work...
    -- Sorry i had opened an other thread of this topic (excuse me for the spam) http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=64684 --
    Anyway, that's all i had discovered: If you use the perks adding the Numeric Values, it's true that these perks are added in the page of your character, and although you'll see them in the list, many of these don't work properly in game, and don't give the bonus (example: "Toughness" - "Bonus Move" etc. etc. and others).
    To resolve this problem, I used the option "Pick a perk window" of the editor, that it has the function to appear the generic window of the perks (the classic window that opens each 3 levels) and so choose manually the perks. Problem? After the installation of the patch/mod "Alpha Fixt 6.4" it is not possible to use this feature. Sorry for the grammatical error :(

I am sorry for the problem, and i have done many tests but that option does not work

2. Izo

Izo First time out of the vault

Apr 12, 2012
    I refer to a fact that it is version 6.x (6.4! when the original Fallout was 1.1) and it is bugged. What is the point in making a patch when every and every release has new bugs. I realise you put much work (I tested it myself) but I don't think F1 was that much bugged as your improvement. :P Would you ever put a release that won't bug us with bugs? Is 6.4 pretty much bugs free? It would be nice to play not just to see if its bugged.

3. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @Izo 6.4 is the numbering yes, but keep in mind it's in Alpha stage, hence the bugs and such. Beta stage means features are complete, just needs balancing, polishing, bug-fixing, etc. Alpha stage is prior even to that.

With a project this big, it'll be Alpha for quite a while. As just one person it can be difficult to locate / fix / prevent bugs on such a large scale. And since I'm adding new features, options and functionality, sometimes that will add unforseen bugs, that's just how programming works.

The smaller the bugs wiki gets (link in my signature) that will reflect if bugs still exist in the game.

EDIT: I understand your frustration but trust me when I say I'll keep working on this until it's bug-free. What the F2RP is like now, my mod will eventually be like as well, it's just a matter of time 8-)

4. Oppen

Oppen FIXT n°1 fan

Dec 26, 2011
    First, that's how software works. You add features, they come with bugs, you iteratively fix them. Second, version numbers are just that, a way to identify. Fallout "1.1" implied several people working on probably several more iterations than Sduibek has got around, but their 1.0 starts when they have something to release (and no, it wasn't really that less buggy than Sduibek's, IMO). If you are not ready to live with bugs, you'll have to either wait until features are finished and all bugs are fixed (or only very hard to find ones remains, as is the common case) or contribute your own time on fixing them. There is no other way around bugs.

5. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    On the plus side, I tend to work on the mod instead of other things I should be doing, so it could be worse, it could be taking much longer ;)

What's really weird is the bugs I've been fixing lately that are from vanilla, it's crazy that they went 16 years without being noticed/reported/fixed...

6. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    I think you guys will like the next release, it's going to have lots and lots of new stuff and new fixes.

Dropbox still has me down for too much traffic, so here's a teaser of what you'll see in the new version, from the Changelog:

7. Trephs

Trephs First time out of the vault

Aug 18, 2013
    That sounds like dirty edit, as not everyone can guess to check that corpse (especially new players who are not familiar with Fallout interface and mechanics yet). Also, do you really think these guys in the vault would just give you gun and no melee weapon leaving you on your dangerous, crucial mission?
    Other changes seem quite reasonable and bugfixes always good.

Found some bugs playing latest FIXT:
    1. http://i.imgur.com/lDQxKZx.png - As you can see on the screen, there are black zones.
    2. If you lucky enough to make raiders think you are Death-hand (the original leader of raider's and Garl's father), you will notice floating messages changing too fast (so fast they're unreadable).
    3. http://i.imgur.com/7ZWFid4.png - If you reply with highlighted remark, combat would not initiate (it should AFAIK)
    4. Kalnor, guard of the Junktown shooting at me if I not put away my gun even though I'm not in town - my position on the pic: http://i.imgur.com/2p5J5ja.png (Not sure if it's bug or vanilla)

8. Izo

Izo First time out of the vault

Apr 12, 2012
    I realise how does the software producing work - I just wonder if it is a blank alley.

I was playing Fallout and there were some shortcomings but bugs? In comparison with the original release of F2 - Fallout FIXT is even worse... :P But if you say it is a matter of time then ok.

9. TheFinisher

TheFinisher First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2013
    Ammo and drugs spawning in my inventory in Fallout 1?

I am playing through Fallout 1 for the second time, and for some reason, 10mm ammo (both JHP and AP) spawn in my inventory along with mentats and buffout. While this is kind of cool I guess, it is just clutter, and I'm not really sure what is causing it to happen. I'm not sure when this is actually happening, but it seems like every time I talk to a merchant I have at least 200 more rounds of each and usually 2 or 3 of both mentats and buffout than I did the last time I looked at my inventory. Has anybody heard of this?

Thanks.

10. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    Huh. Never heard of that before. Do you have any mods or unofficial patches installed?

11. TheFinisher

Dec 2, 2013
    I have the newest version of Fallout FIXT with only the fixes, none of the additional modifications. I kind of wondered if that could be causing it somehow, but I haven't read a thing about this kind of issue.

12. TheFinisher

Dec 2, 2013
    Further inspection seems this specifically happens when talking to Mrs. Stapleton in the Hub. Every time I open a dialogue with her, 120 rounds of both AP and JHP 10mm spawn in my inventory along with one buffout and one mentats. That seems to be the cause, but I don't know why it's actually happening.

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    [moved]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  14. eluzian

eluzian First time out of the vault

Dec 17, 2013
    6.4 patch link not working

Hey guys,

I tried clicking on the 6.4 patch link and I get redirected to a page that just says "Get out of here".

I installed 6.1 and applied it to my GoG version of Fallout 1 but I am experiencing a memory error when I try to enter Shady Sands. I tried a fresh installation and I still get the same crash. Does anyone have a different link or a solution to my problem?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  15. Korin

Korin So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    Should work now.

16. eluzian

eluzian First time out of the vault

Dec 17, 2013
    Thank you for the quick response! New link works. Shady Sands loaded up perfectly and I am looking forward to replaying FO1 (but with FIXT for the first time). :D

17. Fisherman166

Fisherman166 First time out of the vault

Dec 18, 2013
    Fallout 1 rad-x only giving 25% resistance per pill?

I'm playing through Fallout 1 for the first time right now and I just got up to the quest where I need to go into The Glow to get into the Brotherhood of Steel. I made sure to get four rad-x from Vince in the Hub and a rope before going to The Glow. I read online that I need to take two rad-x before going into The Glow so that I have 100% radiation resistance. I did just that in the mountains before going into The Glow.

Well....that's not happening for me. Each rad-x pill is only giving me 25% radiation resistance. So I end up only having 62% radiation resistance when I take both pills. Why am I not getting the 50% radiation resistance per pill like I expected? Right now, I'm not even sure if I can go into The Glow without dying of radiation. I'm running the 6.4 Fixt patch from this website, so maybe that's why I'm not getting the resistance I expect?

18. phillon

phillon First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2013
    Just donated some money to you Sduibek for everything you have done thus far on FIXT and hopefully will continue to do. I'll donate again from time to time to express my gratitude (and hopefully motivate you as well to keep on working on the project). Again, thank you for the time you put into this project. Hopefully one day it will be the "complete package" must have mod for Fallout as F2RP is for Fallout 2.

19. Schezza

Schezza First time out of the vault

Sep 7, 2013
    gratz for finally sticky post or am I just still dreaming right now? :P

20. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Correct, my mod changed it from 50% to 25%. Thanks for the post actually, I forgot about that change and need to address it, especially for Fixes Only mode.

Here, put this file in Fallout/DATA/PROTO/ITEMS and say Yes to "overwrite file?" -- that will set it back to 50% per pill. :ok: It might not affect ones already in your inventory though, so you may have to buy more.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013