Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - next release will be some time in Jan 2020

Ugh. How can I run F1 well? Basic render seems to have best performance but colors are rainbowish. DX9 slows down to a crawl and so does Direct Draw 7. I can barely move camera or mouse in those modes. I'm running on W7 64bit.
Really want to try FixT :(

Fixt includes two utilities that can easily fix the rainbow colors issue :)

Hey, I've recently gotten into playing Fallout one again and this mod/mod collection is a godsend. Thank you for making it it rules.

One thing, however; I just got the .223 pistol and it doesn't make the fantastic and super loud boom noise I love. I get some people dislike it but I adore it. Is there a way to get it back? I can only find ways to get rid of it when I google.

Thanks in advance for the help

Edit: Never mind, I solved it by unpacking the MASTER.DAT file from a fresh installation and taking the sound file from there.

Last edited:
Hey, I've recently gotten into playing Fallout one again and this mod/mod collection is a godsend. Thank you for making it it rules.

One thing, however; I just got the .223 pistol and it doesn't make the fantastic and super loud boom noise I love. I get some people dislike it but I adore it. Is there a way to get it back? I can only find ways to get rid of it when I google.

Thanks in advance for the help

Edit: Never mind, I solved it by unpacking the MASTER.DAT file from a fresh installation and taking the sound file from there.
You can also just delete the WAE1XXX1.ACM from the "data\sound\sfx", and the gunshot was decreased in volume because it was the equivalent of ear rape.

You can also just delete the WAE1XXX1.ACM from the "data\sound\sfx", and the gunshot was decreased in volume because it was the equivalent of ear rape.
Would that just replace it with the original? Now I feel dumb. Oh well, whatever.

Like I said, though, I get why it was replaced, most people thought it was too loud (although I didn't, guess I never had Fallout on very high volume). Most people are not everyone however and people like different things. I liked the super loud boom, it gave the impression of a bigass bullet through a pistol. Made perfect sense to me all along. So I'd say it'd be a good idea to make it one of the options in the installer instead of just including it automatically, just like everything else is an option in the installer (including other sound effects). Obviously not a top priority but it would be nice for the fraction of the Fallout people who like loud pistol noises for their giant pistol shots.

Would that just replace it with the original? Now I feel dumb. Oh well, whatever.

Like I said, though, I get why it was replaced, most people thought it was too loud (although I didn't, guess I never had Fallout on very high volume). Most people are not everyone however and people like different things. I liked the super loud boom, it gave the impression of a bigass bullet through a pistol. Made perfect sense to me all along. So I'd say it'd be a good idea to make it one of the options in the installer instead of just including it automatically, just like everything else is an option in the installer (including other sound effects). Obviously not a top priority but it would be nice for the fraction of the Fallout people who like loud pistol noises for their giant pistol shots.
I bet you hated the gunshot from Fallout 2 then, the 14mm pistol and .223 autoloader both use it.

Why is it impossible to recrut Ian if you fail the speech check?
If you dont convince him to come with you for "piece of the action' he wont ever accept joining you afterward

I bet you hated the gunshot from Fallout 2 then, the 14mm pistol and .223 autoloader both use it.
You seem mad at my sound preferences. I honestly hadn't thought about the sound difference between 1 and 2 until now. Dunno if it'll bother me when I play Fallout 2 again next time.

There is something that really peeves me.
I like doing no-death/ no-reload runs on games and fallout is no different.
However having to start over because of bugs is the most irritating of all.
In junktown there is this thing where if you talk to any of the skull gang members or they talk to you, they pick a fight with you and turn the whole town hostile.

Cant you implement whatever script it is that flags the fights they pick with you as self defense and not turn the town hostile?

You seem mad at my sound preferences. I honestly hadn't thought about the sound difference between 1 and 2 until now. Dunno if it'll bother me when I play Fallout 2 again next time.
I'm just saying that with Fallout 2, Black Isle altered the WAE1XXX1.ACM to sound less loud and more unique. I don't mind and it gives me a sense of "PUNCH!" even with the revolver.

There is something that really peeves me.
I like doing no-death/ no-reload runs on games and fallout is no different.
However having to start over because of bugs is the most irritating of all.
In junktown there is this thing where if you talk to any of the skull gang members or they talk to you, they pick a fight with you and turn the whole town hostile.

Cant you implement whatever script it is that flags the fights they pick with you as self defense and not turn the town hostile?

Could you add this to the bugs wiki please? Thank you :)

Could you give me a link there?

Nvm, found it.
Side note: there is really ALOT of other reports for the brotherhood crack assault team blocking the elevators.
Hate to be this guy, but you really should look it over. It just cost me another no-reload run failure. (had to kill them to progress, turned the BOS bunker hostile when i went there)

Last edited:
Looks like an unintended side effect of my enabling them to follow the player in the military base. Maybe that's why interplay disabled it.

I can release a small patch for it but not sure when. I'm still getting up to speed at my new job so I'm basically just sleeping and working. I wish I could work on the mod, I miss it.

Besides those two, did you encounter any other must-reload bugs?

I added a couple of bug reports to The Hub, the 4 similar reports on the top are mine. Just saying.

Is it explained on any page which features from the Custom list are included in Fixes-Only, Standard, and Full installation?

Friend of me who wanted no spoilers asked me, but the installer hides the list and none of the Reame files seems to explain it either. I can't even find it in this thread.

Last edited:
Looks like an unintended side effect of my enabling them to follow the player in the military base. Maybe that's why interplay disabled it.

I can release a small patch for it but not sure when. I'm still getting up to speed at my new job so I'm basically just sleeping and working. I wish I could work on the mod, I miss it.

Not any that force a reload. But there is another odd one - killing stapleton with damage lets you loot her inventory, but offing her with super stims yields an empty corpse.

In case it needed to be said, love the mod, wouldnt play without it.

Not any that force a reload. But there is another odd one - killing stapleton with damage lets you loot her inventory, but offing her with super stims yields an empty corpse.

In case it needed to be said, love the mod, wouldnt play without it.
It's possible Stapleton's body is empty becaues the super-stim death didn't trigger her destroy_p_proc procedure, which is supposed to move the "shop inventory" to her remains….

Is it explained on any page which features from the Custom list are included in Fixes-Only, Standard, and Full installation?

Friend of me who wanted no spoilers asked me, but the installer hides the list and none of the Reame files seems to explain it either. I can't even find it in this thread.

I don't think it is, but I can make a chart. I did hide it in the installer on purpose to avoid spoilers.

Please add to Installer section of bugs wiki if it's not already there. Thank you :)

Back