Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Nov 18, 2014.
Well, to be pedantic, it was 2070s America that bumped it's head and thought it was in the fifties
For one because there was much more homophobia three hundred years ago than there is today, so it stands to reason.
For two, I think most of modern day homophobia stems from ancient religions, something mostly lacking in fallout.
This is a really bizarre statement to me, I have no idea why you would think this. I see no reason why anyone besides the regressive and backwards legion would be homophobic. You can get gay married in 2 remember, this is pretty standard.
1. Three hundred years ago and there are still homophobic people, even in the First World. Let's not even talk about the Third World here.
2. No, I know plenty of non-religious people who absolutely hate gay people, or at least look down on them.
I actually didn't remember that.. I would hesitate to take such information at face value. Fallout 2 was crammed full with as much wacky bs as possible, there's no way to know if this is really an indication that it is acceptable canon-wise. By logic the NCR should be homophobic (since they emulate pre-war US), so should the BoS (yeah even Lyons' white knights and especially the Outcasts), the Enclave, and probably others I can't remember just now. I'd actually say that Caesar's Legion probably shouldn't be homophobic, or should be the least homophobic of all the factions.
1. doesn't change the fact that there's still much less.
2. anecdotal fallacy.
3. I don't even know what to say to this, of course it's cannon. Your other reasoning doesn't make sense to me.
By the way, if you know plenty of people that hate gays, well, maybe you shouldn't.
1. Doesn't change the fact that there's still a shitton, even in Western countries, even amongst people who consider themselves accepting.
2. And I'd consider what you said about ancient religions generalization. Believe me, there are people who are homophobic and actually staunch atheists at the same time. It's not religious hatred, but political hatred, since the acceptance of homosexuality is considered a sign that a uniform Western culture is being forced upon everyone. At least that's how it is in my country. Not saying that it is okay, but you get the picture.
3. Was gay marriage in Fallout 2 presented as serious? I mean was it like the shotgun wedding you could have in I-don't-remember-where or was it actually romantic and whatnot? Because that makes a difference when thinking about whether it is canon or not.
Seriously, how is he going to talk to like 7 minutes and not only not tell us how the gameplay is going to be but how the mode will end up working out in the long run. Pointless rant