Fallout: Moribund World AKA my own version of Fallout PnP

Discussion in 'Fallout PnP (Pen and Paper)' started by Atomic Postman, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Fossil

Mar 16, 2013
    Hello,

Just over a year ago, I started creating a Frankenstein stitch together of the internet's various Fallout PnPs, with the original intention of just having a scrap-metal version of 2.0 and that was that. However, over the course of a year it mutated into something of it's own. The campaign ended for unfortunate unrelated reasons (Player personal issues). I thought I would post for those interested. There are still some DNA elements from other homebrews on the internet out there, and my hesistance to ever post this (and I'm still it's not a good idea now) is that I don't want to claim this is entirely my own original content, however I am still proud of the work I have done on making this into it's own thing regardless.

Now, worth noting that this (Much like most Fallout PnPs) does require a PC or a Laptop to DM for. I personally flip my desk table around, put up a fold up table for my players and use a small monitor hooked up to my PC as my DM screen.

I have a 500 item randomly generated Loot list for the Junk/Prospecting rules as well as a combat calculator if anyone needs it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  2. marc

marc First time out of the vault

Nov 11, 2015
    Hello,

Interesting implementation of Fallout PnP, could you provide some gameplay feedback from your sessions with this system?
    - What difficulties did you face?
    - Is the narration altered by the system?
    - How your fights run with this system?

By the way, I'm interested by your combat calculator, implementing something of my own for my teams. ;)

All the best.

3. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Hey! Sorry for the slow reply.

>- What difficulties did you face?

Primarily? Getting the balance right between having varied and fun esoteric builds, against players who would want to minmax or abuse statistical exploits. Eventually much of that was ironed out. Getting the economy right was also an issue, but I also worked that out in the end.

>- Is the narration altered by the system?
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.

>- How your fights run with this system?

I have since uploaded the final version, updated to this post with a HEAVILY revised combat system that I am very happy with and proud of. Fights ran very well. Especially with the calculator.

4. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Character Sheets btw, I forgot to add them. And the random loot list:

Attached Files:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    I also have a bestiary.

Attached Files:

6. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Here was the map I also used originally for my campaign, set in 2273 (Turns out I actually should have set it a lot earlier, 2253 maybe, but it worked out alright) within Idaho/Utah/Wyoming and Nevada.

The players drew on the map themselves when they found locations. I had a seperate digital version with all the locations correlated to the grid.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  7. Atomic Postman

Mar 16, 2013
    Here's my random encounter table

Attached Files:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1