Fallout: New Vegas screenshots

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Brother None, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
  2. Dominus

Dominus First time out of the vault

May 12, 2007
    oh man, Fallout 1 and 2 even now look better than this next gen 2010 game.. :|

3. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    Yeah, they look fugly alright...

I remember when I was impressed by Gamebryo : that was with Morrowind, in 2002. Now, not so much...

But I kinda like the western vibe even though the game is way too reminiscent of FO3.

4. Brother None

Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Gotta love the Courier there with his shoulder clipping through his armour.

Yeah, no surprise this game's as ugly as Fallout 3. Though no doubt like Fallout 3 it'll be good at wide expansive vistas!

5. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    I like the geckos.

6. King of Creation

King of Creation Vault Fossil

Dec 9, 2003
    The gamebryo engine is really starting to show it's age. The first gamebryo game came out in, what, 2001? The age difference is practically like using the Fallout 1 engine on a game in 2005. :shock:

Hopefully this is the last game to use it.

7. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    Color...in Gamebryo??? what is this black magic?

8. Brother None

Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Not exactly. The first GameBryo game was when it was still NetImmerse, in 1999 (Prince of Persia 3D). Morrowind used that engine.

Oblivion/Fallout 3/New Vegas use the newer Gamebryo, and heavily tweaked it. Divinity 2 uses it too, and it shows there too, so yeah, by now we can blame the engine. Though we can't blame it for shitty animation or the constant skating the PC does. Frith I hope this game is more playable in TPS than Fallout 3 was.

Anyway this Gamebryo is from 2004. I can't imagine Bethesda using it again. I don't know how they keep getting away with it anyway, why the gaming press just ignores the flaws, but they can't get away with it on another TES. Howard and co have no doubt already found and are using their new engine.

9. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    Oh I hate FO3's textures for ghouls.

It started showing its age right after FO3 release.
    Knowing nowdays graphics are mostly important when it comes to games, F:New Vegas will probably get low rating because of that.

I wonder if the same voice actors have been casted...

10. randy Mc rupp

randy Mc rupp INTERNET HATE MACHINE

May 6, 2007
    I still can't believe it when I see those mutants. I just a die a little inside everytime I witness that eye cancer.

11. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    Im hoping they switch to the new ID engine.

and Valve gets away with releasing new games with an engine that is from 2004, but the difference is Source is GOOD.

12. John Coffey

John Coffey First time out of the vault

Feb 17, 2010
    The flora and fauna looks much better than in Fallout 3. But I totaly don't get why supermutants in Nevada look like supermutants in D.C.
    I can life with the Fallout 3 mutants. It's a new setting, new story and non canon for me. But New Vegas picks up the old Fallout story, so why do they look like fucking Orc's again? :roll:

Anyway. It looks much better than Fallout 3, but the shitty engine averts a good game anyway...

13. Bewitched

Bewitched aka Vault_13

Jun 13, 2006
    At least I won't have to buy a new computer to play this.

14. BReal

BReal First time out of the vault

Jun 29, 2008
    What is this, no anti-aliasing on the screens?! And no photo manipulation? BLASPHEMY!

15. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    The lack of shadows in the helios pic is terrible...

16. Mistrz

Mistrz Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 28, 2009
    We`ve got first look on those new creatures Big Horners:
    [/img]

17. King of Creation

King of Creation Vault Fossil

Dec 9, 2003
    Good catch!

18. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think everyone knew since the begining that this will not be a visual revolution. I mean all one can hope for is for a good setting and falloutish dialogues.

Though I hope they also spend some time on working on at least a few new things and not just recycle simply everything from the Fallout 3 world ...

hey does anyone know if we will see those exploding cars again ?

19. Arr0nax

Arr0nax A Smooth-Skin

Oct 30, 2009
    But what about the artworks in the german review ? Was it like a "gold" press pack or something like that ?

20. Brother None

Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Several previews also had artwork. That'll be released too eventually, but apparently it was not sent to Dac. Or they're holding out :P