Fallout Nuka World DLC trailer and information are online

The Dutch Ghost

Grouchy old man of NMA
Bethesda has put the information for the sixth and final DLC for Fallout 4 "Nuka World" online

From the webpage:

Fallout 4 – Nuka-World Release Date and Gameplay Trailer
Hop on the Nuka-Express for a trip to Nuka-World… America’s Favorite Vacation Destination! The fun starts on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on Tuesday, August 30. Take a look at the debut gameplay trailer below.

Nuka-World is a vast amusement park featuring Raider gangs and unique park zones like Safari Adventure, the World of Refreshment, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, Galactic Zone and Nuka-Town, USA. Nuka-World features new quests, Raiders factions, weapons, creatures and more. Enjoy the ride!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for new content updates on Bethesda.net.

Okay, I actually like some of the new creatures like that crocodile (I think it is one), the weird worm thing, the mutant crickets, and that swarm of little bugs.
But for the rest, I know Fallout always played some things for laughs, but this just feels so out of place sometimes and it is really not that a post apocalyptic theme park could not work.

Also Nuka Cola is also an analog of Disney? Sorry but that is just stupid. Just come up with some a better mascot character and theme.

Oh and the paddle ball weapon is Fallout 3 level of stupidity. Who the hell thought that such a weapon would make sense?!

Richard Garriot's Ultima series had a magic ping pong paddle as a weapon in one of the SNES era games. Was just as dumb then.

Looks like raiders will be a real faction now.
And minigames. There will be minigames. A lot of them.

They're adding the option to be a raider? Good.

They're adding better looking assault rifles? Nice.

I've noticed that we haven't gotten any info on the main story for the dlc, which worries me.

If Bethesda has a good story for it, this might actually be a fun DLC if Bethesda doesn't goof it.

At least Bethesda is playing to their strengths here by giving us an actual themepark to explore here. I wonder if Raiders will be implemented into the main quest at all considering that they can inhabit Commonwealth settlements. It'd be hilarious if you'd get more radiant quest slaughtering even more raiders. And what the hell was that Deathclaw reskin? A Crococlaw? Wouldn't be a complete Bethesda game with more unnecessary retcons to muddy the lore even further.

Can someone post some screenshots of the new creatures? My internets slow AF and I can't watch videos :(they ain't gotta be high res I'm not picky. :P

Also Nuka Cola is also an analog of Disney? Sorry but that is just stupid. Just come up with some a better mascot character and theme.
Definitely some Disney in there, but it looks more based on the Hershey Park from Pennsylvania. It's a shame that the Cowboy Area didn't show case any new revolvers...

Please tell me those aren't actual aliens in the trailer.

notsayingaliens.png

I found this on r/fo4 - supposedly the list of achievements and their descriptions.
  • Taken for a Ride: Complete "Taken for a Ride"
  • The Grand Tour: Complete "The Grand Tour"
  • Power Play: Complete "Power Play"
  • Home Sweet Home: Complete "Home Sweet Home"
  • Eyes on the Prize: Redeem 100,000 tickets at the Nuka-Cade
  • Beverageer: Create 20 different flavors of Nuka-Cola
  • All Sugared Up: Defeat 40 Nuka-World Creatures while under the effect of any Nuka-Mix flavor
  • Raiding for a Living: Complete 12 quests for any Nuka-World Raider Gangs
  • Diebrarian: Collect every issue of Scav! Magazine
  • Hostile Takeover: Establish 8 Raider Camps in the Commonwealth
Looks like four main quests (maybe more if those are only the major ones but I rather doubt it), some arcade-style minigames, lots of scavving crap to make new Nuka Cola flavors, Preston Garvey is reskinned as a Raider, and at least some chances to either knock off established settlements or make new Raider settlements.

If you bought the Season Pass or are planning to just buy the DLC, have fun.

Back