Fallout of Nevada

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Tom9k, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Deus

Deus First time out of the vault

Feb 23, 2005
    hello again

to all of you inquiring about the additions to the interface you can see in screenshots from the mode: I've got the latest screenshots from 0.99b and translated the descriptions. Behold the awesomeness. And don't forget to repent in case you're non-believer.

I only completed the previous edition of Fallout of Nevada, and the interface has changed quite a bit since then, so I was guessing the translation on some occasions, but overall, it should be close enough.

The release of version 0.99b is expected before the New Year!

2. Tom9k

Tom9k Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 21, 2007
    Well the change of UI is so awesome thing I can't even describe it. As oldschool player I am used to that 640x480 (?) game but for anyone who like higher resolution, UI was stucked in middle of the screen and you had to edit some file and start the game again :(

Now with possibility to minimize UI, the problem's gone.

Anyone I wonder if there's any use for "call for help" button, since you have no companion in game at all. Also I have not find any use for "evidence" button (but I am pretty much sure there are some occasions).

Well then let's hope we will have merry Fallout of Nevada New Year.

edit: small mistake - it's not "make reloads" (which btw would be usefull too, I dont want to change my firing modes just to reload after every fight) but "ammo press" (opens UI you can use to make bullets and other ammo [only after you finish the appropriate quest for it ofc])

3. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    The new additional UI looks pretty nice. I didn't notice the function of "reload" & "set traps" buttons before (with Google-translated text). Can't wait for the English version. :D

4. Tom9k

Dec 21, 2007
    Set traps was kinda useless in combat but you could have plenty of "sick" fun mining New Reno streets with dynamite, grenades (....) and then leading beggars onto them. As far as I remember there was no penalty for it.

5. Deus

Feb 23, 2005
    Yes there are few occasions SOS button can be useful. Let me give you a hint: it has to do with stealing things from otherwise protected locations ;) As for "evidence", I never used it. Once I'll start a new game in 0.99b, I'll make sure I test it.

this is not a mistake, but it might be an american term - I am not sure.

Ammo that you make using your own gunpowder, old casings and new bullets is called "reloads".

6. Deus

Feb 23, 2005
    way to clean up the city, haha.

I think they have fixed the amount of damage the trap does, as well as associated bugs. Trap made out of nuclear battery can do about ~ 200 damage - quite useful, albeit expensive.

Also, it can help make fights a bit more strategical

7. Tom9k

Dec 21, 2007
    Hmm you are right about reloads, I just skimmed wiki article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handloading) and seems like it might work just fine + "reloads" adds that "it's-a-home-mad-stuff" flavour.

Can't wait (... yeah, I guess I can) for 0.99b. Patch notes almost made me drool. Maybe I'll take a time to read both FoN bibles. I am curious about unimplemented locations.

8. Deus

Feb 23, 2005
    I only know this because at every shooting range I went to in the US they have signs like "NO RELOADS!" :) I guess they are considered dangerous.

yeah, they are a good read. I'm yet to finish #2...

9. Deus

Feb 23, 2005
    0.99b is out - I'm not sure if the official link has been posted, there have been some problems with broken archives.

I'm translating the manual and will post it here shortly.

Also, I'm going to upload the updated video from one of the key locations as a teaser ;)

10. Deus

Feb 23, 2005
  11. Josefista

Josefista First time out of the vault

Nov 29, 2009
    OMG, my game is ruined, now I know about ..... train!
    just kidding ofc :lol:

Just want to wish good luck with translations to you both... Im really horny for this mod. Ive just finished Awaken mod for Fallout tactics and it made me even more horny, hehe. It is brilliant mod.

12. dozen

dozen First time out of the vault

Jul 22, 2011
    It's out. Now oficially:
    http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/

13. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Great news! Looking forward to play it . :)

14. Prosatanos

Prosatanos It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 25, 2011
    How is going with translation ?

15. dozen

dozen First time out of the vault

Jul 22, 2011
    Deus is busy with his real job now, but he said that 20% of the texts are translated and the work is slowly progressing.

16. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    It's nice to know - thanks.

17. ntw

ntw First time out of the vault

May 21, 2009
    Good panels

18. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Played about a bit. I'm russian, so I was struck by the style of writing in dialogs... Quality language is a major aspect in Fallout game, it's a shame that the creator of the subject could not find strong team members to help him improve all aspects of the game.. I'll still play it through though. New story, new locations, new NPC's in Fallout game is incomparable to anything. Hope this release (as well as upcoming MR) will encourage many talanted fans (who played FO at young age like me, and now are professionals in their fields) to go out of hiding and create new exciting mods, as well as modding tools & tutorials. Keep up the good work! =)

19. GassyTaco

GassyTaco First time out of the vault

Jun 29, 2012
    I know this can be bad to necro but...
    Is the traduction in progress? It has been 3 months.

20. Master92

Master92 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 26, 2010
    About game or translate?