Fallout one of the best game franchise revivals

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
When originality fails, there's always sequels. When there aren't enough sequels, there's always franchise revivals. Everyone loves it (except "purists" and "PC gamers").<blockquote>Fallout
PC gamers will list off if you let them some of the best games ever and Fallout 2 will always be mentioned. While purists of the franchise will say Fallout 3 is “Oblivion with guns”, the general public has embraced the title. Bethesda mixed apocalyptic humor of the best variety with gun play and the thrill of exploring the truly unknown. The game ends up being as deep as an Oblivion while not turning off those afraid of RPG titles. PC gamers still may want to set the world on fire but most gamers are satisfied with the revival of this franchise. This fall though PC gamers may get their wish as the remains of Interplay return to develop Fallout: New Vegas.</blockquote>Used to be just the purists were a hive mind entity, now so are PC gamers. Poor guys.

Professor Danger! said:
It seems like every article that comes out, comes with a slap in the face/insult directed at the "purists".

The vast majority of Fallout fans are in love with Fo3. Bethesda's revival was an astounding success, and without Bethesda we wouldn't even be talking about Fallout right now :D

Brother None said:
mixed apocalyptic humor

See, since Fallout 2, the franchise has become a lulzfactory.

Everyone is always talking about Fallout and the humor in it. Was it really that funny? Can't remember that I've played Fallout in a lolz-parade. Can't remember that I've laughed that much while playing... as much as people claim it was funny.

And all that just because 1.) Fallout 2 was a tad over the top here and there and 2.) people who can't stop talking about how much humor the games have, even if it's not true.

Todd Howard's #1 Fan said:
The vast majority of Fallout fans are in love with Fo3. Bethesda's revival was an astounding success, and without Bethesda we wouldn't even be talking about Fallout right now :D

Without Bethesda NMA would have ceased to exist?! :shock:

Ausir said:
The game ends up being as deep as an Oblivion
This one I can agree on.

Teeeheeee.

Professor Danger! said:
It seems like every article that comes out, comes with a slap in the face/insult directed at the "purists".

Yes. I love it. It's hard to imagine we've penetrated the common consciousness that much. People just can't stop talking about us :smug:

Lexx said:
Everyone is always talking about Fallout and the humor in it. Was it really that funny? Can't remember that I've played Fallout in a lolz-parade. Can't remember that I've laughed that much while playing... as much as people claim it was funny.

There was a lot of dark humor in the original Fallout. Nothing lulzy tho', but it's definitely a lulzy franchise now.

Let them talk i say. They obviously won't listen. People just like their little magical world, empty of all logic and reasoning. There is nothing we can do.

Todd Howard's Fan's posts always make me laugh but he's just our local jester. I must comment on the article though. It is very worrying that most of the PC community standards have gone so low as it predicts there is no bright future ahead of us.

the best games ever and Fallout 2 will always be mentioned
Hold on to this quote.

Brother None said:
Bethesda mixed apocalyptic humor of the best variety with gun play and the thrill of exploring the truly unknown. The game ends up being as deep as an Oblivion while not turning off those afraid of RPG titles.

What humor???? 'Best'? How dare they use the term 'Best' to describe anything that bethesda does.

Now of course if they mean the humor of the best variety from the original two games then I'll go easier on them but beth did a bang up job of removing any and all humor from the game. When it comes to humor bethesda is like dane cook.
Yeah the exploring was awesome.....

And deep as oblivion?? Bullshit! I wish it was as deep as oblivion.

You know what, I just figured something out. All gaming magazines and reviewers are republicans. They have to be. No other group can be so blind to reality.

Professor Danger! said:

Looks like every professional journalist is required to mention that when writing about Fallout.

Todd Howard's #1 Fan said:
The vast majority of Fallout fans are in love with Fo3.
That is very true.

It's also true that the vast majority of Fallout fans don't like Fallout. OR Fallout 2.

i've been a pc gamer all my life, and that's why i played the original games. but tbh, pc gamers have been getting fucked in all applicable holes and generally shoved aside for consoletards for some time.

EnglishMuffin said:
Brother None said:
Bethesda mixed apocalyptic humor of the best variety with gun play and the thrill of exploring the truly unknown. The game ends up being as deep as an Oblivion while not turning off those afraid of RPG titles.

What humor???? 'Best'? How dare they use the term 'Best' to describe anything that bethesda does.

Now of course if they mean the humor of the best variety from the original two games then I'll go easier on them but beth did a bang up job of removing any and all humor from the game. When it comes to humor bethesda is like dane cook.
Yeah the exploring was awesome.....

And deep as oblivion?? Bullshit! I wish it was as deep as oblivion.

You know what, I just figured something out. All gaming magazines and reviewers are republicans. They have to be. No other group can be so blind to reality.
Yeah, like you're any less close minded than Republicans. I hate how Democrats always complain about how bad Republicans are when their party does just as much crap.
And in context of the article, without Fallout 3 so many less people would know about Fallout, and I wouldn't have gotten F1 and F2 if I hadn't played F3.

Jeesus christ.... :crazy:

That Samuel Evans guy will go a long way in journalism, mark my words. I smell a pulitzer over the horizon and no mistake. I mean, he has taken journalism to a new level. Now its bashing part of your readers in defence of a product he should evaluate and comment objectively.

It just shows how ballsy and idependant that guy is. Shame he isnt brainy too.

Ignorance is bliss. :roll:

Edith showed up:
And in context of the article, without Fallout 3 so many less people would know about Fallout, and I wouldn't have gotten F1 and F2 if I hadn't played F3.
FO3 and the hype was just a merchandisig trick to sell more of FO1+2? Anyway, just because taking a dump in a public park may produce some beautiful roses, one should nevertheless refrain from taking a dump in a public park.

Ah who the hell cares, Vegas is a nice suprise with Obsidian and StarCraft 2? Shit... Unless Borderlands comes out with another exp. I'm good this year.

I don't see why you don't feel that Fallout 3 is justified as a good game. If you looked at it objectively, then you would realize that despite the fact that it isn't exactly like F1 and F2, it is still a very good game. You should look at the game objectively instead of comparing it to F1 and F2 and being dissatisfied with it. And I was saying that hundreds of thousands of people were opened up to the Fallout franchise through Fallout 3, so I don't understand why you are so negative towards that.

Sometimes I wonder if I have done something really really bad in a previous life and that this is part of my punishment.

To have something I start to care about, and then have it taken away.

Back