Fallout Shelter out now on Android

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
I love how their update was just one giant dramatic shit on everyone, smiling smugly right in front of them. "It's free to play, just uh...you won't survive the Deathclaws unless you shit out tons of money to us".

On the contrary, Deathclaws aren't deadly enough. I've got 180+ Dwellers that smoke them, all armed with Gatling Lasers. Not a single dollar spent. C'mon, Beth, I want my Dwellers to have a challenge.

Kotaku posted this article about an official Bethesda Tinder profile used to promote Fallout Shelter. You can see more here.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how their update was just one giant dramatic shit on everyone, smiling smugly right in front of them. "It's free to play, just uh...you won't survive the Deathclaws unless you shit out tons of money to us".

On the contrary, Deathclaws aren't deadly enough. I've got 180+ Dwellers that smoke them, all armed with Gatling Lasers. Not a single dollar spent. C'mon, Beth, I want my Dwellers to have a challenge.

I believe the only time they become a challenge or large obstacle is when you hit at a certain early peak, which is when their chance to arrive can get hectic for some unlucky players.

So far my shelter has struggled to survive. I think they want me to play the shit all the time which I won't do. Vault 3 is doomed.

So far my shelter has struggled to survive. I think they want me to play the shit all the time which I won't do. Vault 3 is doomed.

You can get Bluestacks, android PC emulator, get Fallout Shelter there and use Cheat Engine to get unlimted caps and lunchboxes. Anyway I looked through the game files and you can expand your vault for a maximum of 30 levels, and at that point I don't see what else you could do other than defending the vault and gathering resources. And its funny lol how one guy can fuck all the women in the vault ))) I got a dweller named Sultan hahahha, Sultan of Vault 69, where all the pussy is at.

Last edited:

You can get Bluestacks, android PC emulator, get Fallout Shelter there and use Cheat Engine to get unlimted caps and lunchboxes. Anyway I looked through the game files and you can expand your vault for a maximum of 30 levels, and at that point I don't see what else you could do other than defending the vault and gathering resources. And its funny lol how one guy can fuck all the women in the vault ))) I got a dweller named Sultan hahahha, Sultan of Vault 69, where all the pussy is at.

I wasn't aware of such a thing. Very interesting indeed. Yeah, I have one guy that has a high Charisma stat so he is the main breeder. I might name one Fonzie. My lunchbox drops have sucked. I have a feeling it does push you towards buying them to get things you want.

Gnarles Bronson said:
Kind of bugs me that Beth can make this shit, but can't contract obsidian to make a top down iso. I'm sure a pay to play phone game is probably ultimately more profitable, but I a new real fallout could be made for only a few mil and will at the least be a moderate success.

Some fuckin' camera angle isn't what makes a 'real fallout' a real fallout, imo. Excellent writing, dialogue and world design is what makes a great Fallout game. For me as a Fallout fan, Fallout 3 wouldn't have been any better if it was turn-based and isometric. On the flipside, Fallout 2 would've been just as great to me if it was first-person. It was the bad writing & dialogue that made F3 not as good as the others, not the camera angle.

3p iso style is a better story delivery system. It cuts down on a lot of the monotony, like hiking simulation and random FPS encounters, and kind of just gets you focused on the story and the world.

I don't even remotely agree. "hiking simulation" can happen just as much with any camera angle. FPS doesn't mean open world. There's plenty of first person RPGs that aren't open world, but are just composed of points of interest with travel between them skipped. Deus Ex & Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines do that for instance.

On the other hand, being isometric doesn't mean a game doesn't have fuckloads of walking - I can think of fuckloads of isometric games that were open worlds that involved shitloads of travelling & walking - like every Ultima game ever made, Divine Divinity (or even Original Sin to some extent) et al. Besides, even in open world RPGs these days the tendency is towards inclusion of fast travel regardless so you should be using that instead of walking everywhere if you hate exploration that much.

Like I said it's just annoying to me that it could be made drastically cheaper than the FPS-style, and as a virtual sure success, and they still make this fucking phone game instead.

If you think Fallout Shelter, a typical mobile game, has anything even remotely close to the budget of a proper, full scale game like even the first Fallout, then you're delusional. Besides, isometric isn't necessarily cheaper than first person. Just because it's isometric it doesn't mean the art is simpler or less detailed, or that there's less of it. The relative cheapness in most isometric RPGs comes from the lack of voice acting, not from the actual camera angle. If Fallout 2 had voice acting for every single line it would've had a massively bigger budget.

Last edited:
My lunchbox drops have sucked. I have a feeling it does push you towards buying them to get things you want.

Well if you don't want to mess with emulators and stuff, you can get this nifty Android app. called Lucky Patcher. What it does it lets you bypass premium features in other apps. For example get lunchboxes for free. You do need a rooted device though. For me like every 2 luncboxes I got was a legenedary item or character. I even received clones of the same chracter lol.

BTW: Sara Lyons spawns some great babies :D

Last edited:
I've been playing it quite it bit via Bluestacks, and am having fun... Mostly. It does force you to pay attention whilst its running though, else you can easily lose most your 'dwellers' to what would otherwise be a simple problem. Stands to reason though, as its meant to be something you play for a few minutes, then put down. Running it in the background is... Not advised.

Not met any Deathclaws yet with a population of 50-something, though molerats are an occasional danger, requiring me to send in my best armed minions and pump them full of stimpacks. I've had little luck with lunchboxes - A couple of fairly decent weapons and a couple of 'legendary' dwellers, both of whom I assume will be in Fallout 4. I've only had the free boxes though, I won't buy any... Well, I may buy a couple - More to thank Bethesda for a few hours of entertainment though, rather than hoping for goodies.

I can pretty much guarantee to myself that the game lacks replayability. Once I get bored of this run, that'll be it - I doubt I'll ever run the game again. Fun while it lasts, but at the end, it'll be deleted without regret.

Overall rating... 63%

Polygon posted this today further driving home the point that Bethesda will be focusing on mobile games in the future. :)

11metl1.jpg

Gnarles Bronson said:
Kind of bugs me that Beth can make this shit, but can't contract obsidian to make a top down iso. I'm sure a pay to play phone game is probably ultimately more profitable, but I a new real fallout could be made for only a few mil and will at the least be a moderate success.

Some fuckin' camera angle isn't what makes a 'real fallout' a real fallout, imo. Excellent writing, dialogue and world design is what makes a great Fallout game. For me as a Fallout fan, Fallout 3 wouldn't have been any better if it was turn-based and isometric. On the flipside, Fallout 2 would've been just as great to me if it was first-person. It was the bad writing & dialogue that made F3 not as good as the others, not the camera angle.

3p iso style is a better story delivery system. It cuts down on a lot of the monotony, like hiking simulation and random FPS encounters, and kind of just gets you focused on the story and the world.

I don't even remotely agree. "hiking simulation" can happen just as much with any camera angle. FPS doesn't mean open world. There's plenty of first person RPGs that aren't open world, but are just composed of points of interest with travel between them skipped. Deus Ex & Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines do that for instance.

On the other hand, being isometric doesn't mean a game doesn't have fuckloads of walking - I can think of fuckloads of isometric games that were open worlds that involved shitloads of travelling & walking - like every Ultima game ever made, Divine Divinity (or even Original Sin to some extent) et al. Besides, even in open world RPGs these days the tendency is towards inclusion of fast travel regardless so you should be using that instead of walking everywhere if you hate exploration that much.

Like I said it's just annoying to me that it could be made drastically cheaper than the FPS-style, and as a virtual sure success, and they still make this fucking phone game instead.

If you think Fallout Shelter, a typical mobile game, has anything even remotely close to the budget of a proper, full scale game like even the first Fallout, then you're delusional. Besides, isometric isn't necessarily cheaper than first person. Just because it's isometric it doesn't mean the art is simpler or less detailed, or that there's less of it. The relative cheapness in most isometric RPGs comes from the lack of voice acting, not from the actual camera angle. If Fallout 2 had voice acting for every single line it would've had a massively bigger budget.

Good point about VM:BL, except of course that's not the type of game bethesda makes, so obviously I'm talking open world fps -- which even including fast travel has a fuck ton of monotonous dungeon crawling nonsense and hiking simulation.

I thought about the cost difference of a mobile game and a game like fallout 1 -- I'm no expert in the field but I imagine even a mobile game costs a million or two to make, while you can look at WL2 which was made with a budget of only a few million.

But most of these arguments are irrelevant anyway and don't change the point that bethesda is devoting resources to this garbage when it could be doing real fans of the ip a great service by giving us a real game -- when there's no real legitimate reason not to.

I thought Little Lamplight maintained its population by virtue of every inhabitant being immortal.

You can also do incest. Btw, did anyone try to send pregnant women into the wasteland :D ?

No incest, unless you can do it with a cousin or something, they just talk about how nice it is to hang out with family. The game denies you sending pregnant women into the wastes (WAA MISOGYNY!!!)

Back