Family hostile after talking to Ian West

remyabel

First time out of the vault
I have the 1.7 patch.

I passed both speech checks with Vance and passed the speech check with Alan to get the security password and to be able to see Ian. However when I try to convince Ian to come home, the only dialogue options are 'Vance is dead' (all three imply he's dead.) So everything seems fine and dandy but when I walk back to the family since there's no other exit, they turn hostile. If I kill one of them, I get a pop up saying Arefu and the Family are hostile and that the Blood Ties quest is failed.

Is this a bug?

Edit: Ian says 'I thought I heard guns' which I think means that the game for some reason thinks that I had fought the Family to get to Ian.

The fallout wiki verifies this: ' Sometimes, after getting Ian West to return to Arefu, the residents of Arefu will turn hostile for no reason and the quest will fail. [verified]'

So what should I do?

remyabel said:
I have the 1.7 patch.

I passed both speech checks with Vance and passed the speech check with Alan to get the security password and to be able to see Ian. However when I try to convince Ian to come home, the only dialogue options are 'Vance is dead' (all three imply he's dead.) So everything seems fine and dandy but when I walk back to the family since there's no other exit, they turn hostile. If I kill one of them, I get a pop up saying Arefu and the Family are hostile and that the Blood Ties quest is failed.

Is this a bug?

Edit: Ian says 'I thought I heard guns' which I think means that the game for some reason thinks that I had fought the Family to get to Ian.

The fallout wiki verifies this: ' Sometimes, after getting Ian West to return to Arefu, the residents of Arefu will turn hostile for no reason and the quest will fail. [verified]'

So what should I do?

Try to load an autosave or something? Unless that is to late.

Actually I auto-saved after the speech checks with Vance, so I was safe, it just seemed that there was no way to progress. The only way I managed to finish the quest was stealth boy and sneak. It seems odd that this bug hasn't been addressed since it breaks the quest.

Back