Favorite and Future DLC

Kadscaner

NMA’s only mutie
image.jpeg

What's your favorite DLC for any of the Fallout games? What would you like to see for future DLC?

For me it was definitely Lonesome Road. I really liked the idea that I caused a huge problem and had to solve it, also i liked Ulysses. I don't understand why Ulysees got a lot of shit, he was a cool and philosophical villain. And it have ED-E a cool backstory.

For a future DLC I'd like to see something with the Enclave. I want to be able to join them for once and kill muties for em. Something like that quest in New Vegas where you find all the old enclave members for the battle of the dam.

My favourite DLC of all time was Dead Money. Something about the atmosphere of it made me feel consistently unsettled, and the Holograms/Speakers/Ghost People added huge new levels of challenge which couldn't simply be solved by shooting. I also thought the companions in that DLC were awesome, and the amount of focus they gave each one. I especially found it great how they added to Veronica a lot, as she was by far the best companion in the base game.

My favourite DLC of all time was Dead Money. Something about the atmosphere of it made me feel consistently unsettled, and the Holograms/Speakers/Ghost People added huge new levels of challenge which couldn't simply be solved by shooting. I also thought the companions in that DLC were awesome, and the amount of focus they gave each one. I especially found it great how they added to Veronica a lot, as she was by far the best companion in the base game.

Yeah Veronica was cool, I always had her and ED-E with me. I was sad when she died for me on Hardcore :(

Fallout 2: Restoration Project.
That's how a DLC should work. Flesh out the actual fucking game and not just send the player off on a side-adventure while the rest of the gameworld in the main game sit with its thumb up its ass, waiting patiently for the players return.

Content I have to download.
Downloadable content.
DLC that is a mod is DLC regardless.
And let's look at it this way; I think that a 'mod' DLC outperforms any of the paywall DLC's in what DLC 'should' do in the first place.
DLC like Fallout 3, NV and FO4 could just as well have been standalone mini-games.
Restoration Project, Broken Steel and Automatron are the only DLC's that really add anything to the main game.
The rest are largely just side-adventures with cool gimmicks or pack mods (see Gun Runners Arsenal or Couriers Stash)

Actually, if we're to argue about the events of New Vegas, they did it right by making the entire game world entered an indefinite state of stalemate by the time the Courier arrive there. Saying that NV's DLCs make the main gameworld sitting upon their thumb up their asses is like saying the entire gameworld can't do jack shit until the Courier arrive in the first place. However, I understand what you meant. Only Lonesome Road had an immediate consequences upon DLC's end choice, though some would argue that Zion Canyon, Big MT, and Sierra Madre were completely isolated from one another, and depends on your choices in Big MT and Sierra Madre they wouldn't affect the gameworld at all as your choices results in them being contained by itself.

As for my favorite DLCs, heck all of the NV's ones and those appearing in the FO2RP.
Dunno about future DLCs, though, I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Like what would you want to see for a future DLC for fallout?
Depends on where it would take place, though. I'm not hopeful for any kind of future DLC for Fallout as long as it's still in Bethesda's grip.

Still, there's the fanmade Van Buren which, iirc was made in FOnline engine that's supposedly different from 1 & 2's engine, so there might be a chance for that Van Buren getting its' own DLCs so I'll be waiting for that before thinking any kind of future DLCs.

Back