Favorite weapon(s)

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Brak, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Planeswalker

Planeswalker First time out of the vault

May 3, 2007
    Rifles - Gaus rifle

Shotguns - Pancor Jackhammer

Machineguns - Bozar

Energy weapons - YK42B Pulse rifle

2. boer_kameel

boer_kameel Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 2, 2003
    Err.. What's the difference between FO:T and FO:BOS?

Fallout Treachery and Fallout BunchOfShit...

*edit*
    Thanks Zilltoid... Although, after some Googling on this topic, I wonder if I wanted to know this.
    Fallout on the consoles... As an ACTION game... Come on????

3. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    Fallout: Tactics was the strategy game made by Micro Forte, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was the crappy console action game Interplay created while in its death throes.

4. Lord Elden

Lord Elden Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 27, 2007
    For coolness factor:
    .44 Magnum
    Scoped Hunting Rifle
    Sawed-Off Shotgun
    .223 Pistol
    Spiked Knuckles
    10mm SMG

For efficiency:
    Bozar
    Avenger Minigun
    Vindicator Minigun
    Pancor Jackhammer
    HK90c
    Sniper Rifle

5. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 26, 2003
    In FO1, I typically stick with the .223 weapons for as long as I can: the hunting rifle is the definitive post-apoc weapon, and the .223 Pistol simply cannot be beat for style. It's rare, but on those occaisions where I decide to just play commando and spam my way through the endgame with high-end gear, it's Turbo Plas/Rocket Launcher all the way.

Of course, all of the above are left by the wayside if I should happen upon a Red Ryder LE.

In the cheesefest that is FO2, I typically go for the Bozar, the speed-loading Magnum, and the YK42B.

Tactics isn't nearly atmospheric enough to make me care, so I just use the biggest, best weapon available at the time to suit a given party member's combat style. I usually tag Sneak and Melee for my main, and live to regret it.

6. Vicious_Squid

Vicious_Squid First time out of the vault

Feb 4, 2007
    The M72 Gauss Rifle is the best weapon for general use, bar none.

Now when you get a crowd, it's not the best option. You've got your rocket launchers and miniguns for that purpose. Still, I prefer the M72 over anything else. Holds more than Plasma Rifle, easier to get criticals from my experience, and works on anything. Plus, the ammo is lighter.

As far as energy weps go, I would have to go with the Plasma. Longer range than the Pulse Rifle, higher capacity, and it isn't much weaker. Plus, the Pulse just looks ghey.

For pistols, the Gauss obviously wins. I do like the Alien Blaster though.

P90 is great for mid-game Sulik. Best weapon for Marcus is the Pulse Rifle. Best weapon for Vic, Cassidy, and Sulik (if you have the B-Team mod that is) would have to be the Gauss. Gauss wins.

7. Half Brow

Half Brow First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2009
    Favourite Fallout Weapons?

My fav would have to be the Experimental MIRV from FO3, mainly becuase of the sheer ridiculousness of launching 8 nukes at once!

What about you guys?

8. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Mega Power fist with 150% Unarmed, 10 Strength and Prizefighter Karma Status in Fallout 2. I kicked Frank Horrigan's mutie ass.. or should I say, Punched!

But in Fallout 3 I'd say "Jack the Ripper", I kill Super Mutants Masters with that thing.

I'm more into Melee and Unarmed fighting in the games, if you know what I mean.

9. Brendo

Brendo First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2009
    My favourite is the Wazer Wifle from FO3. The main reason why I like it is because the kid you get it off talks real funny.

"Stop tawking wike what? Wou're weiwd." - Biwwy (FO3)

Personally I never use that gun. It has way to much firepower. If something won't get destroyed using the Fat Man, I doubt it was not ment to be destroyed.

10. Blackened

Blackened I should set a cutom tite

Jun 29, 2008
    This thread is for favorite Fallout weapon, not for favorite Fallout 3 weapon. See General Fallout 3 Discussion boards.

In Fallout 1, I like the Alien Blaster, Gatling Laser, .223 Pistol, and I LOVE the Turbo Plasma Rifle.

In Fallout 2, I like the .44 Magnum, Combat Knife, YK42B Pulse Rifle and H&K Caws.

11. patriot_41

patriot_41 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 8, 2008
    I think my fave weapons would be the Haymaker punch, the Rock and the Crowbar. Oh, and I would definately own a Super-sledge in real life.

Coolness award goes to .223 pistol tho. I also love the Magnum, but on Hard/Rough you can barely use it.

My least favorite weapons would be the Sniper Rifle and the plasma/laser pistols.

12. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    In FO1; the Flamer (love the smell of well-cooked super mutant in the morning), .233 pistol, Power Fist.

In FO2; the Flamer (love the smell of well-cooked new reno gangster in the morning), Plasma rifle, and Laser Rifle with sniper perk.

13. Panker_u_sakou_starom

Panker_u_sakou_starom It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 16, 2009
    Combat Knife, Ripper, Wakizashi, Mega Power Fist, Little Jesus, Super Sledge, in that exact order. HtH all the way.

Previously those were Bozar and P94 Winchester Turbo Plasma Rifle (called shots). But now days I get around only to play brawlers/melee fighters, range combat bores me as hell.

14. F.E.V.DippedDoofus

F.E.V.DippedDoofus First time out of the vault

Jun 2, 2009
    FO1: .223 pistol, hands down, I blew a crap set of speakers with that thing going off. As well as the Gatling laser, I damn near pissed myself the first time I got one, what's better than a laser? A lot of lasers.

FO2: The Bozar, a godly beast of a weapon and the Gauss rifle (eye shots) I really did like the look of the XL70E3, but preferred the exp cap assault rifle. Uranium ore, nothing was as fun as chucking uranium at people until they explode.

Tactics: Just to throw it out there, The water gun.

15. Nuclear Winter

Nuclear Winter First time out of the vault

Aug 4, 2009
    Small Guns : HkG11
    Big Guns: Bozar
    Energy Weapons: IDK Turbo Plasma Rifle
    Melee Weapons: Super Cattleprod
    Throwing: Plasma Grenade
    Unarmed: Super Power Fist

oh i also hafta go with another small guns: the good ol' Assault Rifle.

16. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    Magnum .44, Hunting Rifle and Combat Knife.

17. Puokki

Puokki Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 4, 2008
    Small guns: 10mm SMG (totally pwns unarmored enemys in the beginning) and Gauss Rifle (same for armored in the end.)

Big Guns: Bozar (Simply neat.)

Energy Weapons: Solar scroher (I don't like energy weapons, but this one is cool.)

Unarmed: Brass Knuckles (Ouch.)

Melee Weapons: Spear (Impaling rats is fun.)

Throwing: Frag Grenades;
    Chosen One: Hey, catch!
    Raider: What?
    BOOM!
    Chosen One: That.

18. dirtbag

dirtbag It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2004
    Last time I was using the Sniper Rifle and shooting the eyes out of people. Gooahahah.

Now Im going to start over again and just go for melee.

19. Fintrollx

Fintrollx First time out of the vault

May 16, 2009
    223. Pistol
    Sniper rifle
    Gauss Rifle

20. HoboWithAGlock

HoboWithAGlock First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2009
    FO1: Nothing beats walking the wastes with nothing but some leather armor, an assault rifle, and dogmeat.

FO2: Well the Bozar is OP as hell, so I tend to cap off at the gauss rifle, which is still almost game killing, but still fun as hell to get super eye crits with it.