[FO 1] When talking to a random trader game crashes

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by GekkoScamp, Mar 24, 2014.

1. GekkoScamp

GekkoScamp First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2014
    Hello, i am completelly new to the FO-universe so I dont know anything about the possible ways of fixing my problems.
    I was searching the forum for solutions but i couldn't find any.

Actual problem: I was making my way (right at the beginning) from vault 13 to vault 15. When leaving the vault, traveling to vault 15 I encountered a trader. Everytime i try to talk to him my game just crashes giving me the following error message:

The instruction at 100051e8 referenced memory at 00000040
    The memory could not be read from

Click on OK to terminate the application.

Additonal Info: I am playing the Steam-version of this game and i am only running the hi-res patch because i had problems with odd colors when starting the game in completelly vanilla.
    I am thankful for any kind of help.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Madae

Madae First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2007
    Interesting. I suppose the thing to do is just ignore the trader. And honestly, in all the games I've played, I have never run into a trader between the two locations. I don't think I've run into a trader anywhere on that side of the map.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. GekkoScamp

GekkoScamp First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2014
    Alright, I realy want to give this frenchise a chance :) and it would only saden me if I could not play it probably.
    But thanks anyway.

4. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Given that your only mod doesn't affect content (I assume?) this kind of sounds like a bad install. But it's hard to say for sure.

5. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Would FIXT solve the problem ? It is the up to date patch.

6. lostabroad2

lostabroad2 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2013
    Is Tandi in your party? That can cause issues.