Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    can anybody point me to the requests page for sfall?

2. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  3. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  4. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
  5. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 3.7a is released on SourceForge, along with modders pack (only a minor change) and win2k version.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  6. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Cool, thanks for adding the "skip move items dialog" feature!
    Looking forward to have other goodies from Crafty's version merged.

7. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    Personally I don't plan to add more features from his build. I focus more on bug fixes than 'convenient features'.

8. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    I would like to see new opportunities for scripting)
    for get_game_mode add support when open inventory loot/use interface window.
    and a new hook allows you to get a pointer(obj_ptr) when a player uses the object/container located on the local map.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Finally, some proper requests. Could you explain each of these in-detail and how you want to use them? You can also add issues to github.

10. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    в этой теме написано для чего я бы хотел это использовать.

ну ладно указатель на объект можно получить и без хука типа так, но хотелось бы попроще)

Code:
     if (art_anim(obj_art_fid(dude_obj))==ANIM_magic_hands_middle or art_anim(obj_art_fid(dude_obj))==ANIM_magic_hands_ground) then begin
        object_array:=tile_get_objs(tile_num_in_direction(dude_tile, dude_cur_rot, 1), dude_elevation);
    end

а вот определить когда открыты интерфейсы инвентаря тут скриптово увы не возможно что либо сделать.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  11. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 3.7b is released on SourceForge, along with modders pack (only some minor documents changes and an additional example mod) and win2k version.
    Because phobo2077 has been busy lately, I decided to pack some bug fixes and smaller features in another minor revision. Other modding/scripting improvements and features will have to wait until the next version.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  12. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Great news, thank you!

I just tried it, and there seems to be a light inaccuracy in the changelog: equip/unequip animations are disabled in all cases, not just when using a container.
    Also, could you please clarify what "speed of pipboy alarm clock animations" is supposed to do? Allow to rest faster? I can't seem to get it to work.

13. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    It says "when searching containers or doing other actions", so yes, the animations are disabled completely.
    PipboyTimeAnimDelay changes the speed of the counter of Pipboy alarm clock during your rest. Setting it to zero doesn't mean your rest will finish instantly but only much faster then default. Try setting it to 120 or 0, the differences should be noticeable.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  14. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    Well in any case, it makes it sound like there are conditions, which there arent.

I tried 1. I don't see any difference with the original.

15. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    The animations are only skipped when action_climb_ladder_, action_use_an_item_on_object_, action_get_an_object_, intface_change_fid_animate_ and invenWieldFunc_ functions get called by the game. Maybe I should change the description a bit.
    On my system, resting 12 hrs in Pipboy with PipboyTimeAnimDelay=0 takes less than 0.5 second, and PipboyTimeAnimDelay=127 takes nearly 10 seconds. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  16. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    I'm using RP and EcCo. Want to see ddraw.ini?

17. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    @NovaRain
    I added in the latest version of sfall, but I am still not able to recharge the car (for the MM, of course). Would you mind taking a look at it again, please?

18. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    Have you set CarChargingFix=0?

19. MIB88

MIB88 So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    Yes, that is set. The fusion cells just remain in inventory.

20. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    There are only two functions in sfall code that related charging stuff AFAIK. One is the fix for cells getting consumed even when the car is already fully charged. This one is always enabled currently. Another one is the "fix" for being able to charge the car by using cells on other scenary/critters. This is what CarChargingFix controls.
    Both of them are implemented in 3.7. If 3.6 works, I guess I need to make both functions be controlled by CarChargingFix. I haven't played Megamod for a long time (and never finished it). Are there any other vehicles in your save that happen to be fully charged? If yes, try making all of them not fully charged and see if you can charge them normally.