FOnline: 2238 announced

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Per, Jul 3, 2009.

1. xPoncex

xPoncex It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 16, 2009
    Is there going to be an installer because im not so good with installing mods.

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It's not a mod. You need to download the client, set paths to master.dat and critter.dat and that's it.

3. HoboWithAGlock

HoboWithAGlock First time out of the vault

Aug 14, 2009
    As long as there is open pvp, full loot and a good crafting system, I'll be playing the game for ages to come.

4. xPoncex

Jul 16, 2009
    Oh thats better? Is the client something like Hamachi? If it is i might actually have a fighting chance to get this to work.

5. Cold Zer0

Cold Zer0 Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 6, 2004
    Hamachi? :) Two different worlds. You download the game, install it and then before the game starts it asks you for paths to critter.dat and master.dat. Easy as pie :)

6. xPoncex

Jul 16, 2009
    Thank you kind gentlemen.

7. Cold Zer0

Aug 6, 2004
    Don't mention it :)

8. JayZe

JayZe First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2009
    cant wait till it opens, is there any fixed time the server will be opened?

9. HoboWithAGlock

Aug 14, 2009
    Hopefully being a prate will be somewhat like EVE in that a pirate needs others to survive.

For instance, say you are the leader of a gang in the wastes, you pillage village after village, but now you are infamous throughout the wasteland. You have the highest bounty in California and you are shoot on sight everywhere. How are you going to get supplies?

You don't.
    Someone else does.

Even as a raider, you'd need to put your trust into someone else to secretly get supplies for you and your gang, someone who isn't known throughout the wastes. They can go to towns, buy supplies, then deliver it to your "hideout" without a single shot being fired.

Now when someone finds out the true cause behind this mysterious buyer of everything, whats going to happen? Well thats up to the riaders and how they want ot deal with it.

10. Sius

Sius Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 8, 2009
    Well not every city/base is populated with "good" guys... I hope "evil" factions like raiders or remains of unity will have their own small cities/camps/bases with their own supplyes (where guards/NPCs would be neutral only to their kind=kilers, thieves, slavers and hostile to the rest). So if you decide to play bad guy you could always get what you need without middleman or sneaking around in "good" cities.
    I hope you got my point =).

11. HoboWithAGlock

Aug 14, 2009
    Of course, but do you really think that the seedy places that allow all the evil characters and raiders in are going to have the best weapons in the game needed to finance and supply a huge gang?

Doubtful, but we'll see.

Prahps there will be some sort of Black Market underground trade system in the game, who knows.

12. Cold Zer0

Aug 6, 2004
    Only if the players make one. Suppose I can get steady flow of small energy cells because of my position in the BOS. I could sell them to the highest bidder. Or some advanced weapons and armours. Everything is possible. Can't wait for tomorrow :D

EDIT: Typos

13. JaW

JaW It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 1, 2006
    Eh, don't know, what if I tell you that I will report you to Maxson if you don't give me better price? Maxson will kick your ass off your shiny PA and BOS then :mrgreen:

14. Cold Zer0

Aug 6, 2004
    What if I tell you that if you break that deal you'll have at least one organization that is buying all that weapons on your tail? :) The possibilities are endless :)

15. GAUSSBABY

GAUSSBABY First time out of the vault

Aug 6, 2008
    what time will it be available for download? Im in eastern time zone, will it be up the at 12am officially august 15th or during the day at some time.. Let me know, ivebeen waiting SOOOO long for this!!

WOOOHOO!!

16. HoboWithAGlock

Aug 14, 2009
    Of course, I wasn't referring to an NPC black market, lol.

17. raleigh_565656

raleigh_565656 First time out of the vault

Oct 12, 2008
    Honestly cant wait. Ive been ready for this since last year. Ive been thinking about it constantly all week, and now its less than 24 hours.

18. GAUSSBABY

GAUSSBABY First time out of the vault

Aug 6, 2008
    Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:09

[23:34:15] <cvet> Начало не раньше, чем через сутки с данной минуты.
    [23:34:15] <cvet> Start no earlier than one day to the minute.

Пы.Сы. Py.Sy. Время по Москве.
    The time in Moscow.

UTC/GMT Offset
    Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +3 hours
    Daylight saving time: +1 hour
    Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT +4 hours
    Time zone abbreviation: MSD - Moscow Daylight Time
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 8:40:23 AM MSD

19. Arthur9

Arthur9 First time out of the vault

Apr 3, 2009
    Holy dooly, I can't wait! :aiee: