FOOL concept, kids and beta

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Per, Jun 25, 2010.

1. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    Yeah, but by how much?

2. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Why didn't you post about the epic Eric Caen interview? :)

3. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    I don't know what you're talking about, it's right there.

4. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
    Actually, it should be "Eric Caen", not "Herve Caen". How could you confuse the famous Caen brothers?

Also, where the hell's Corith lately?

5. Ncee-Coke

Ncee-Coke First time out of the vault

Jun 26, 2010
    Geez-us. This thingie just had me made an account after several, or at least, 200 years of lurking. Hence: Hello World!

- it might be considered a flame, but: it indeed is concept art, as long as it transports a certain kind of "vibe", it works. In this reality, unfortunately, it just has to do ...exactly this. One trying to put certain realism into concepts will fail. Which is because of a) the pressure of workflow, b) the fact, that realism won´t never be achieved in a ...simulation, although I might admit, that it indeed would be better, if these blood-ish thangs just had have been rotten ;).
    ( Realism as in: plausible canon-based whatever, not as in: just avoid being physically accurate.... as an exuse :lol:)

In summary: be nice to that concept-art-dude unless you are able to spill out something like that on your own. Not meaning nice words to describe a setting, but making it alive via [ in this case: a rather quickly-ish done digital painting ].

We got those tools to mod. As they say nowadays...anything goes!
    :clap:

Edit: axe-cuse mee eenglish, Krautland and such :P

6. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    I refused to use the car in Fallout 2 because the rubber tires would have been gone that long after the war.

Oh wait, no I didn't.

I don't get the attitude that the game should be realistic. Fallout was NEVER about realism. Science! isn't realism.

If you are yammering about the time it takes rubber to decay, you're nitpicking. Big-time...

7. Zumbs

Zumbs Lurking Swamp Thing

Oct 11, 2008
    That's because they are patented super-duper Highwayman tires from 2067, processesed to extend durability so that they *never* decompose. Forget ducking under your table for cover when the nukes strike - a stack of highwayman tires will keep you safe from anything!

8. mor

mor Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 18, 2010
    i total agree, there is no point in looking for science in sfi game

altough in this case, i dont see a problem the key here is:
    iirc rubber break down (not decompose) in the sun because of UV radiation so its fair to assume that in warehouse it will take them a lot more time to brake down more like few hundred years.

9. Public

Public Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

May 18, 2006
    Never, NEVER!! EVERRR!!! AAAAAHH!!

:then he runs away covered in flames:

Alec, he wasn't asking you specifically.

For the concept art, I don't know what's the problem with it guys. I love it! It looks JUST like my garden!

10. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    Still don't know what you're talking about

11. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    Oh so now Fallout was a sci-fi game? mmmkay...

12. dirtbag

dirtbag It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2004
    No hahahaha seriously I thought it was a screenshot at first :crazy: I just looked very quick hahaha

13. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
  14. mor

Jun 18, 2010
  15. Ausir

Apr 20, 2003
  16. mor