[FOT] Weapon/Item Portrait (Sprite) Editing Help

You will have to use the Spray sprite editor to change the image for the inventory pictures and possibly the picture of the object as it lays on the ground. Check out my webpage for help.

[FOT] Weapon Portrait Editing Help

Hey all,

I'm just getting into game editing, and I've been poking around the FOT file structure and types. I've figured out how to change in-game sprites, swap out character portraits, and from what I can tell, changing weapon portraits should be a similar process.

Basically, I have a gif file of a gun I want to use in the game. I know how to get it converted to zar format, but I don't know where to put it or how to associate it to a particular weapon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Fin

[FOT] Weapon Portrait Editing Help

Hey all,

I'm just getting into game editing, and I've been poking around the FOT file structure and types. I've figured out how to change in-game sprites, swap out character portraits, and from what I can tell, changing weapon portraits should be a similar process.

Basically, I have a gif file of a gun I want to use in the game. I know how to get it converted to zar format, but I don't know where to put it or how to associate it to a particular weapon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Fin

weapon modding in FOT {importing the image}

I haven't found any info on these forums about importing images into FOT for making new weapons. It may be a small technicallity, but being able to distinguish between arms quickly is nice. So, has anyone come across this problem and remember the solution or where a solution is?

(maybe even importing a FO1 or FO2 weapon)

you will need to convert it into an SPR or ZAR? Sorry I dont know the files types for tatics

yeah, the sprite image is shared for many gun types i think, and it's too small for me to care if it doesn't. My hope is too add the (fairly popular in my opinion) Barret and/or H&K sniper rifles with a unique (inventory) pic.

Weapons are sprites in the game, you need to convert it in the proper format. Spray1.1 can acheive that.

Red, the site came up, but the links were a pain to download, AND the zip files wouldn't extract anything. I could look inside, but coudn't get anything to come out.

Also, if a mod wants to delete this thread in a couple days, I'm sorry about making another one, Fingolfin's thread was first. So unless my subject can be used to answer more searches by future users, deleteing this thread would make sense. :oops:

FOT custom weapons portraits?

I know how to make custom weapons, but can someone tell me the pixel size requirements of weapon portraits? Also, do the portraits for the weapons go in the same folder as the charater portraits?

No weapons and other inventory sprites are handled very differently, you'll need to download (from NMA) a utility called Spray and get a graphics editor that can handle .raw and .act files which is basically only some versions of photoshop (you'll need to search the forums for version). Then you'll have to create an inventory sprite. Search either here or at DAC for a tutorial.

Ok, I just have one more question. How do I import my prefab character into the original campaign, so that he can be selected on the main screen like the other prefab characters?

Back