General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Burning through the Splinter Cell series at the moment. Finished Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and I'm about 75% of the way through Chaos Theory.

There's almost no difference between SC and Pandora Tomorrow. PT feels like an expansion pack, instead of a new game. Chaos Theory, on the other hand is such a jarring jump in quality it makes the first two games feel like PSX titles. The gameplay is incredibly fluid, the graphics are awesome, and the AI is deadly without being omniscient.

I strongly recommend Chaos Theory to anyone who likes stealth shooters and hasn't played it yet.

Napoleon Total War.

I love this game, the AI and performance are improved by a large margin. It looks and sounds wonderful. It has super sexy naval battles. The only downside is that the scope of the game is rather 'small' compared to the older TW games.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG_yeeCILsw[/youtube]

Demonslayer said:
Anyone has any feedback on Metro 2033?

finally got around to try it and so far I really like it. it's better than I expected. some serious S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes going on, but only in a good way. story so far seems pretty interesting. dialogue is ok, nothing spectacular, but way better than the forementioned game.

it is a straight up FPS, but it has more than action to offer. it's one of the creepiest games I've played in a while. and while there might not be THAT much to explore, exploration definitely pays off.

it's also a very pretty game, without putting too much strain on your computer. I have all settings on max and DX10 mode and it runs very smoothly. much better than other recent games. lighting effects, smoke, shadows etc are all top notch and among the most beautiful I've seen. character models are nothing special however, and there's something freaky about people's eyes... can't really put my finger on what it is though.

if you're into these kinda games, you should definitely give it a try.

Recently finished: Metro 2033. Excellent game. Intensity and atmosphere beats Stalker, IMO.

Now and all time: X3 Terran Conflict.

Soon: Witcher (this time I'll fininsh this game)

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude said:
Burning through the Splinter Cell series at the moment. Finished Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and I'm about 75% of the way through Chaos Theory.

There's almost no difference between SC and Pandora Tomorrow. PT feels like an expansion pack, instead of a new game. Chaos Theory, on the other hand is such a jarring jump in quality it makes the first two games feel like PSX titles. The gameplay is incredibly fluid, the graphics are awesome, and the AI is deadly without being omniscient.

I strongly recommend Chaos Theory to anyone who likes stealth shooters and hasn't played it yet.

Yep, easily the best of the series. Had a ton of fun playing it. I got stuck in PT and quit. I'll probably play Double Agent eventually.

As for me.

Almost done with Red Dead Redemption on X360
Just started Arcanum, World in Conflict, and Command and Conquer 3.

Revisiting some of my favorite games like Startopia, Syndicate and Bioforge in between Napoleon and waiting for the next RP update .

I'm back to playing Mount & Blade: Warband. My character is quite built up and I'm taking armies three times my size down. My HOI2 game isn't doing quite successfully.

On the console front I'm playing 3D Dot Game Heroes for PS3.
On the PC front I'm playing The Fall: Last Days of Gaia.

The Fall has some the most asinine quests I've ever seen such as the helping Jim-Bob score some ass, so you can get the chip to attack the base, but It's still enjoyable.

finished Metro 2033 yesterday and I'm really happy about the game. it had its flaws - story was a bit odd and incoherent, although parts of it were really good. and I wish it hadn't been so railroaded - I would've loved more exploration and freedom. I'm also a bit disappointed that there were only a few opportunities to actually purchase guns and ammo, and for the most part buying stuff was only a waste. high grade bullets are better spent killing things and you will find all the best guns for free sooner or later. the trading system was a really nice touch, and I love the fact that you use bullets as currency. but they should've made more use of it.

on a whole, it was a very impressive game though. graphics are top-notch, physics are great, it was relatively hard without getting frustrating. a lot of really scary and nerve-wrecking moments and some pretty cool ideas on how to further the story.

I just started playing the first F.E.A.R. and if I like it I'll work my way through the expansions and the sequel. I haven't played any of them before and I've got the impression that I've missed out on a pretty good fps experience. all I can say about the first game so far is that it looks damn ugly and I feel like I'm playing a very old game. I was actually expecting something more impressive. graphics aren't everything though, and it seems like the gameplay itself with definitely be worth it.

I found first FEAR and Extraction Point to be pretty cool. Never played the second expansion and disliked FEAR 2. It was just too damn consolized for my taste. Like letters in big ass fonts popping up wherever I could do something (like I'm too stupid to remember I can open the door by pressing "E"), uglier slow motion effects (enemies gain completely unnecessary glowing during bullet time) and even AI somehow felt stupider than in the first game. Ending was pretty retarted as well, although I'm not going to give it away. I would have probably enjoyed FEAR 2 much more if I haven't played the first one. And since the next game is going to be called "F.3.A.R" it seems that series is willing to get even more retarted. I prefer to imagine everything ended with Extraction Point.

I was actually going to start with F.E.A.R. 2 and play the first game only if I liked the sequel. but a friend of mine convinced me to play them in order. maybe I should've done it either way - I might've appreciated both games more that way. remains to be seen.

I'm really starting to like the first game anyways, although it's pretty damn repetetive so far. I've been crawling through the same corridors and shooting the same enemies with the same weapons for a couple of hours now.

aenemic said:
I was actually going to start with F.E.A.R. 2 and play the first game only if I liked the sequel. but a friend of mine convinced me to play them in order. maybe I should've done it either way - I might've appreciated both games more that way. remains to be seen.

I'm really starting to like the first game anyways, although it's pretty damn repetetive so far. I've been crawling through the same corridors and shooting the same enemies with the same weapons for a couple of hours now.

I love this game, I recently started replaying the F.E.A.R (1) series . I skipped the original FEAR (played that one one time too many) I can only inform you that Extraction point is less repetitive in terms of environments. And introduces some nice new weapons and enemies :)
If you want to set your resolution higher look there:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282881

FEAR 2 was a mayor letdown for me for about the same reasons as listed by the poster above.

I enjoyed FEAR2 a lot more than the first. The weapons didn't handle like plastic toys, and you could actually aim and fire off precise shots instead of being tied to that horrible cone of fire. The segment where you pilot a mech is crazy fun.

I loved F.E.A.R. F.E.A.R. 2 was a HUGE disappointment, pissed me off beyond belief. F.E.A.R. 2 didn't even make me flinch whilst F.E.A.R. made me shit my pants. It had absolutely no new information when it came to the story, and there were no twists like the one in F.E.A.R. F.3.A.R. will probably suck even worse but I'm willing to try it because I want to finish the story.

finished F.E.A.R. last night and I just started with the first expansion. I love how the story picks up just where it left off and it feels like you're still playing the exact same game.

as an FPS, F.E.A.R. is nearly perfect. the enemy AI is amazing and the physics are very good. it's the small things, like enemies trying to flank you, and staggering when you shoot them, that makes an FPS good. the feel of the weapons is really great too, but I hate the aiming. I'd much prefered iron sights. health packs and armor pick-ups are cool and old-school and all that, but they are way too common. I played on the second hardest difficulty, and it was indeed hard - enemies shred you into little pieces in no time - but the massive amount of health packs means you don't really have to worry about low health at all.

as for the scary parts of the game... well, it wasn't very scary at all. I was hugely disappointed in this part of the game. a few sections were slightly creepy, but pretty early on you realised all these ghosts and the little girl were nothing to be afraid of. I was more scared of the big bad robots. when we finally got to see the "real" Alma was the only time I reacted. she was indeed pretty creepy. but they've already overused her and I'm only in the beginning of the first expansion.

mind you, I might've picked a bad time to play this game as I just finished Metro 2033 and that's one of the creepiest games I've ever played.

You are right, FEAR isn't scary at all. It's only FPS parts where it shines. By the way, know that FEAR 2 ignores the story of expansions ever happened and just picks up where original left off. But who gives a shit about the story in these games anyway. :) You will get iron sights in FEAR 2 though (and lack of leaning).

I got bored of FEAR pretty fast but my dad loves it. Thinking about getting him 2 for his birthday, should I?

Currently playing League of Legends its a free dota game with lots of different character builds that make the game interesting.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

Check it out

Been playing the Ghostbusters again after finishing Red Dead Redemption (Fucking awesome game).

Though I'm playing Ghostbusters, I'd rather be playing something that crept up in my mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbfvstuwtxg[/youtube]

Anyone got any quarters and a cabinet?

Back