General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Sure will. CoE 5.0.0 is the latest one, right?
Sort of, yes. There's a "Cumulative Mods and Fixes" thread up in the General Modification forum. I think they're up to 5.0.4 there. Might want to check it out.

-Gerko, not really playing anything at the moment.

Happily plaing ToEE and no onto my next project: Find somewhere that sells Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire for a reasonable price.
No high hopes for this one. Seriously, did they only make like 5 of them or something?

I thought that FF12 might make me like the series again. (Everything after 7 bummed me out.) I was wrong. I don't have any hope for the series whatsoever.

A total next-gen remake of 6 would be pretty awesome. Out of all the games it was by far the best. It's even got that post apocolyptic setting in the second part of the game. Square-Enix will never do it, but they should.

I just beat Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines a few days ago, and need a new fix. Anybody want to sell me a used copy of Planescape: Torment?

I'm currently playing Massive Assault Network 2, a great turn based sci-fi strategy game with pbem style competition between players, and Lord of the Rings Online.

I also just picked up UFO Extraterrestrials.

Games:

Jagged Alliance 2 v.1.13: sweet zombie Tim Cain...this is tough...I tried assaulting Drassen with Ira, Buns and my IMP merc...the following massacre was needlessly quick. I expected 8 baddies with pistols, red shirts. Instead we got yellow shirts, and a few grays with assault rifles. About 20 of them.

Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword: very addictive, the espionage addons are a beauty to play. The cons? The game gets REALLY fucking slow when I get to the modern ages after I find out all the other Civs. Takes about 5 real time minutes between turns. Hopefully my quad core system will help with this when I get it up.

Music:

Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Steve Vai, a lot of power metal, Paul Gilbert and Racer X.

Ack. I moved back to Earthworm Jim.
Personally for me, this game is brilliant in it's lunacy. Goofy ass music mixed with odd and twisted villians just makes it awesome.

Favorite level for sure is Snot a Problem.
Booger bungee has never been funner.

Sacrifice, Spinter Cell : Chaos Theory and Arcanum. The Bioshock demo made me want to play System Shock 2 again. I might install it soon.

Still playing Company of Heroes, getting much better at it too

but for some reason i can't install updates, which is troubling...

Still playing Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency.
AI is still giving me some hard time...

WH 40K Dark Crusade --> Like to see all the different ending

@sickfuck_diablo
well i think that FF8 was the last good game in the series (the story was very hard to understand completely though) FF9 was f*cked up as hell... anyway somebody played Legend of the Dragoon on the PSX? (the ultimate hotbed of JRPG video game clichés)

Anyway on topic, i started playing quake 4 again. (played it to the part when i had to kill the large fat processing monster (?)once, though)

I've actually enjoyed the later FF games quite a lot as well, especially 9 for some reason. I really dug the design of that game, though the story wasn't all that interesting I suppose.
FFX was the game that first of the games made me feel a bit meh, and a lot of it had to do with the terrible voiceacting. None of the games are perfect of course, and they all have certain parts where I wanted to throw the game out the window. But I think they tell their stories in a pretty good way.

FFXII actually seemed to have a more intriguing story for me personally, but I couldn't finish it because it really felt like playing a MMORPG only single player. The combat was outrageously boring to me that I just couldn't bring myself to play past the combat areas. And I can usually suffer through crappy combat if there's a decent story in the game.

I'm currently replaying NWN2 for the third time, and for some strange reason I've enjoyed it more each time. I didn't think I'd ever play through it again after finishing it the first time. Thought it was decent on second playthrough, and now I'm actually quite enjoying myself. The game has some gigantic flaws here and there though.

I'm actually getting quite hyped for the expansion (which should be out in a month or two) after reading more about it. We're finally moving away from the Sword Coast and fewer companions that supposedly have more dialogues than the most developed companions in the main campaign (the expansion is shorter than main campaign).

The companions also don't seem to be your standard clichés (like many in the main campaign), but we have a Red Wizard of Thay, a hagspawn, a fallen cleric etc. A few of them written by Chris Avellone. 4 different endings depending on your actions throughout the game (not "choose an ending"), optimizations to the engine. A story that is more personal and dark.... The main thing I don't like is that we're moving into Epic levels, but I can live with it.

Vault 13 said:
Still Playing Heros of Annhilated Empires !
the game gets so damn hard !!!

Aww man I know. The comics are cool though. Storyline is t3h gay.

I was pissed that once I finished it, I didn't get to do a dwarf campaign or play as the undead or something diffrent, I mean damn.

Just finished Sanitarium and Warhammer 40.000: Fire Warrior. Now playing:

Arcanum

Damn bad interface and engine, Fallout beats the hell out of it and spits on it. Also, the amount of critical misses in combat is ridiculous, considering my character is an Expert in Fire Arms (lv 5 rank and stuff in it, you know).

I'm only still playing because many people here at NMA recomended it, and because the setting is amazing. I really love the Steamworks and Magick Obscura thing.

Diablo

Good old Diablo 1, finally I'm playing it (never did before). Not on the D2 lv when it comes to graphics/engine, but the feel is darker and there are no respawns, which is good (better learn how and when to waste money...). I'm just beggining this one, but I know it's gonna be damn nice.

Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade

The day I stop playing DoW, know that I'll be playing DoW 2!

I just started playing Deus Ex today, really great game. I mean really great, I couldn't believe how open ended the design was and I'm just on the first level.

I've also been playing the now free MMORPG "Shadowbane" for a few weeks. I've really enjoyed it so far, and although it's a bit glitchy and ugly, the persistent player-driven warfare and fact the game is free have made it worth playing.

Makenshi said:
Diablo

Good old Diablo 1, finally I'm playing it (never did before). Not on the D2 lv when it comes to graphics/engine, but the feel is darker and there are no respawns, which is good (better learn how and when to waste money...). I'm just beggining this one, but I know it's gonna be damn nice.

Great game. Make sure you replay it too because you will get a different set of quests each time. You will probably have to start over with the same character anyway because it gets pretty hard but you will want to replay the game a few times to see all the quests. Great replayability, much better than Diablo 2.

Currently playing Prey. The game surprised the hell out of me. I thought it would be a Quake 4 clone, and I hated Q4. Then I saw it in walmart for 19.82 brand new and got it. Absolutely loving it. Great variety in gameplay: the portals, the wall/ceiling walking, room flipping, the living weapons, the overall level design. The atmospere is amazing, the creepiest alien abduction I've ever seen in any game or movie.

Back