General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Team Fortress 2 rocks hard. I just realized that I bought it about a year ago with Orange Box. Unlike other games, the different classes actually make sense.

Operation Darkness.

It's a Japanese Strategy-RPG set in World War II.

You play as a group of Allied werewolves vs Nazi vampires.

There's nothing quite as interesting as seeing a werewolf with a bazooka running up to a Panther and blowing it to smithereens...

requiem_for_a_starfury said:
What's a good class and server to start TF2 with, for someone who's never played a shooter online before?

I'd say a soldier, they are the most rounded offensive class. Heavy may seem tempting but they are way too slow and attract a lot of attention.

Wooz said:
Can you drop nukes on Japan in that game?

Not yet.

I'm hoping that it's saved for the end when you get attacked by Dragons and shit.

That and killing Himmler in his replica of the Round Table room.

Both would be equally awesome.

What's a good class and server to start TF2 with, for someone who's never played a shooter online before?

Hey requiem, you're a lot like me. I never played shooters before but the game looked fun enough so I gave it a try. The best route i found was to just pick random classes and just play around with them and see what style of play you like. I recommend avoiding spy and scout at first as they're pretty hard to play. But otherwise, you should be safe trying just about any of them. If you die a lot at first, oh well, it just takes time to get a feel for it all.

I'm playing "Beneath The Steel Sky" an early adventure game that reminds of Kings Quest with subtle improvements. I enjoy this game but it makes me wonder how I ever figured some of the puzzles out.

Kudos. That's one of the best point-and-click adventure games ever made.

Any of the eGO servers are a good place to start (You've got lots of skilled regs who'll give you tips if you ask, and the admins keep the bullshit to a comfortable minimum).

The best class to start with is the medic, because even if you're absolutely terrible; you'll still be contributing to the team (unlike a terrible soldier).

i just found out that some things in vtm:b are... ridiculous. sneaking lol ~~... i know that vampires are supposed to have superpowers, but with skill level 3 you CAN not be detected. sadly, i sneaked as i would have in deus ex in the first sneaking mission, so some cops ended up dead and dry.

and fat larry does not want the briefcase! anyway, great game, instant classic and made it to my top 10 list of awesomeness.

i started out as a brujah... what would be a great char for replaying? its either malkavian or those beauty vampires, i guess.

ontopix plox: since it was mentioned somewhere else, i am just installing riddicks escape from butcher bay.

The best character is a nosferatu, mucho difficult. Malkavian is fun as hell.

I have yet to try gangrel. My next one will be one I think.

Still playing Arcanum with the mod WIP4.0 over it.

Also yesterday I finished Day of the tentacle on my N95 8GB cell phone. I will play Full Throttle or Sam and Max next

Reading this thread from start, i realised how there has never been an epic sword fight game like "Die By The Sword" after. I loved that game, tearing limbs and such, great stress reliever. What an epic game it was, one of the first games i had on my first pentium i think.

Oh and i am very confused with "Dwarf Fortress" although i should probably try playing it sober once. :mrgreen: A friend also recommended it sometime ago.

And yeah i am installing Arcanum after years. Pure dwarf-tech char like always! 8-)

How i wish i had a pc to handle the likes of BioShock, Stalker etc... :x

You don't miss anything with BioShock... the first few hours will leave you hyped but after that it is a "go to A fetch item X then go to B with item X".... and the only time i was a bit scared when suddenly a teleporting splicer appeared behind me when i went to that park place... the horror

Stalker on the other hand is a very good game, i had many great hours playing it. :)
Can't wait for Clear Sky

On topic, I'm playing Civilization IV nowadays.
I love nuking cities... good fun :twisted:

Mass Effect, but quickly getting bored with it. I just installed Betrayal At Krondor and using DOSBox to play, but it seems kinda slow (I mean the game speed, its like my machine is underpowered). Would any of you folks know of a way to fix this? TIA

Just bought Sin Episodes Emergence together with Sin 1 and Sin 1 Multiplyaer for Steam for 5.99 !!!

I think i'll start playing the damn thing from the very first game.too bad the Wages Of Sin expansion pack isn't with the whole thing

Back