Getting Mapper to work under GOG/Sfall

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by HeavySteelRoller, Nov 3, 2015.

1. HeavySteelRoller

HeavySteelRoller First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2015
    Tried searching forums for this without luck. Want to get Mapper going for FO2 GOG. When installing mapper it says fallout 2 isnt installed, which I accept might be a result of it not being a vanilla original version.

But after getting mapper installed it wont run.
    After several screen flashes and a brief frame of the mapper screen appearing, it pops up with some kind of crash error.

I already changed the mapper2.cfg to direct it to where the master.dat is and the master patches, and turned librarian=1. That allowed the program to run. But then it still crashed.

Also, I upgraded the SFall mod to 3.3 using the installer (GOG version comes with 3.1 or 3.2, not sure which).

Attached Files:

2. HeavySteelRoller

HeavySteelRoller First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2015
    I managed to get it to work by removing the locations for critter and master patches in the config file. That allowed the program to run.

But now I have the problem of not being able to Save maps. I remember having this problem a long time ago when I used mapper before but I dont remember how I solved it. And I couldnt find it in the forum either (the search function wont accept all of my search terms)

I would have edited the main topic to update with this info but it wouldnt let me (nma site says I need to "lengthen my message to at least 1 character").

EDIT

I figured out how to get it to work. However the colors are messed up a little bit just like running vanilla fallout 2 is without the SFall ddraw.dll present.

For GOG version you have to:
    * Set Master.dat and Critters.dat location to the "C:\Fallout 2\Master.dat" and ditto for critters.dat.
    * Set the Critter Patches and Master Patches locations both to the "C:\Fallout 2\data" folder.
    (If Fallout 2 is somewhere else for you then alter accordingly)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010