GSC Gameworld is shutting down; no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Tagaziel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    According to UkraNews, GSC Gameworld, the creators of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, are closing down, as per the decision of GSC Gameworld CEO Sergei Grigorovich. This quite probably means this will be the end of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

This information coincides with an apparent leak of high quality concept art and screenshots from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 into the web. NMA, as usual, prepared a gallery for your viewing.

2. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    ;_;

Good night sweet prince.

3. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    Hey, have hope everyone! Maybe Bethesda will buy the rights and revive it as a Farmville clone!

4. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    But how will I get my gas mask and acoustic guitar fix without more S.T.A.L.K.E.R games? :cry:

5. TheSHEEEP

TheSHEEEP It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 22, 2007
    Get out of here, Stalker!

6. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Sadface. On of the few FPS games that were more than half-assed RPGs or linear corridor.

7. dev

dev Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 25, 2004
    what an irony... another post-apo game which ends like that:

8. gumbarrel

gumbarrel It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 18, 2010
    Never liked this series that much. The first one was disappointing at the time, the last one was the best for me, but it still felt very lacking.

The only thing it really had, compared to, say, New Vegas, was that the combat was actually challenging and radiation and hunger were a bit more dangerous. Other than that, meh, honestly.

Was still looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, though. Hopefully someone else will pick it up and won't turn it in to CoD: Radioactive Edition.

9. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Maybe it's for the better... Weren't they going for the xbox360 crowd (which would basically mean streamlining and dumbing down stuff) ?

10. gumbarrel

Oct 18, 2010
    Yup, that game was going to be on Xbox too, but everything in the previous games could be done on a console just fine, unless you have that familiar "Players are idiots" mentality.

I wouldn't mind if they simply copied Fallout3/New Vegas, minus the shitty combat mechanics.

11. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, there isn't much to dumb down in Stalker, except maybe the inventory.

12. gumbarrel

Oct 18, 2010
    Then you just copy Resident Evil 4/Deus Ex Human Revolution and you are done.

13. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    This is really disappointing :(

14. UnidentifiedFlyingTard

UnidentifiedFlyingTard Vault Fossil

Mar 12, 2009
    This depresses me.

15. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
  16. fedaykin

fedaykin Vault Fossil

Jul 15, 2007
    Just when they were getting the hang of it with CoP. I wonder if they'll blame this on PC piracy.

17. Sabirah

Sabirah Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 10, 2011
    Never played s.t.a.l.k.e.r but I did watch the movie. Always sad to see something that a lot of people enjoy (that isn't something suck like a bondage club or whatever) go the way of the Guptas

18. Takashi

Takashi Chimichangas!

Dec 20, 2003
    My guess is if the franchise goes up for sale then THQ will have the first crack at it.

19. Eternal

Eternal Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2008
    http://www.destructoid.com/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-canceled-gsc-shuts-down-update--217559.phtml

Might not be closing. Probably is, but MIGHT not.

20. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Love the Stalker series but I don't mind not seeing STALKER 2 which was going to be a multiplatform release (read: dumbed down POS that barely resembles the originals).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryjs4k1jDgs[/youtube]

http://galyonkin.com/2011/12/09/pro-zakryitie-gsc/