Hardcore Run

Honestly Hardcore mode isn't all that difficult. Even water isn't that much of a problem. If you are really in a tight situation for water there's usually a way to get some. Most of the traveling merchants I've come across sell at least dirty water, if not pure. Those will get you to the nearest well/lake/sink. Food and sleep are hardly issues at all. It takes two in game weeks for you to actually die of sleep deprivation, and there are plenty of restaurant type places to go for food.

I tought the "Harcore" part of Hardcore mode wa refering to the level of roleplaying it was, not about making everythign difficult, thats why it is separated from the dificulty settings. You find havign to pack food and water annoying its because it is, it would be, but you need it. and bullets weight, and people stay dead, but I don't get how a glass syrnge with a leather belt attached is weightless.

Walpknut said:
I tought the "Harcore" part of Hardcore mode wa refering to the level of roleplaying it was, not about making everythign difficult, thats why it is separated from the dificulty settings. You find havign to pack food and water annoying its because it is, it would be, but you need it. and bullets weight, and people stay dead, but I don't get how a glass syrnge with a leather belt attached is weightless.

I'm pretty sure theres a mod that gives stims, chems, and certain other items weight. Unfortunatly im on PS3.

Stanislao Moulinsky said:
Wintermind said:
I'm not playing hardcore mode because it's more irritating than hard

Funnily enough I can't play Normal mode because insta-healing stimpaks and weightless ammo make the game boringly easy.

Franlky I don't understand what's the big deal with eating and drinking now and then.

My first time through was a Hardcore Unarmed/Melee build, and I didn't personally find it all that challenging. It was interesting, but I wouldn't do it again. I was expecting it to be really "hardcore", but the only real difference was that Stimpacks heal over time, in my opinion. I tend to head back and sleep every night anyway, since I like to maintain the Well Rested buff, so that wasn't an issue at all. And the food / drink requirements didn't sting a whole lot.

I thought it was fun, but I won't do it again. I agree with that first poster: I find it more irritating than hard.

milk ducks said:
I find it more irritating than hard.
I liked the realism of having to sleep, eat, and drink water; but i did not like the fact that ammo had weight, or that stim-packs heal over time.

I wish they had a "survivalist" mode where you had to eat, drink, and sleep, but still had normal healing abilities with stim-packs and no weight (or less weight) for ammo.

The only the really annoyed me about HC was that companions died; not because they died, but that because you can't really manage them in combat.

I wish there was customizable difficulty thing. Choose what to bring in, what not, and even tweak a bit. (EG, the relative/actual weight of ammo, make all things have a weight, heal over time, etc).

Ive never played without hc but only thing that made it more challenging was sleeping; I allways forgot about that and find myself in some oblivionish dungeon trying to stay awake. Food and water are everywhere(aint that odd in Mojave desert after a nuclear fallout?) and some strenght or pack rat-perk will make you forgot your ammoproblems. About ammoweight, only prob for me really was to forget about F3-style approach on things. Meaning only take what you will actually use.

Back