Harry as NPC mod 1.0 released (F2)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Skynet, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003
    Harry as NPC mod 1.0 by Skynet.

!!!Requires Fallout 2 Restoration Pack 1.2!!!

This mod will add Harry to (Supermutant from Fallout 1) outside of Arroy temple as recruitable npc.

Features:

-All responses are voiced (uses partly modified speech files from Fallout 1). Example: three random responses when you order him to wait. Differend initial dialog for male and female charecters. etc.
    -Adjustable and predefined combat settings.
    -Major skill is Big Guns.

Issues:

-Uses "Doc" AI settings, which is from unimplented npc. Not really an issue.
    -No combat taunts...yet.
    -When asking NPC healing from various doctors in game. Harry will be referred as "Doc". Same thing when you ask for sex in Cat's Pawn. I could fix this, but there are quite many dialog files to check, so I'll leave it for now.
    -No levelup...yet.

I uploaded this mod yesterday to NMA, so it should be available to download from there in near future. Meanwhile you can use rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/129594808/HarryNPCmod.rar.html

2. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Looks like a cool mod, but it is a cheat mod, I would feel better about recruiting him if he was somewhere later in the game. It's actually a really good idea to recycle the old voice acting, I don't know why it has not been done before.

edit

WIKI is up:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_NPC

3. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003

You're right. Better place for him would be maybe Gecko or Broken Hills. I guess I change his location in next possible version. BTW, I gave him just a spiked knuckles for a weapon, so he is not too overpowered from the start.

Oh and thanks for the WIKI add.

4. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Do you have any other mods hidden up your sleeves? why not create the missing Doc NPC? he was mentioned by you in the resto thread, when it was still in its infancy.

5. Skynet

Skynet Mildly Dipped

Jun 5, 2003

I actually was going to restore the Doc NPC before I had a idea of Harry NPC. Restoring Doc NPC is going to pretty easy actually, so I may do it after I'm finished with Harry NPC.

6. Ulitharid

Ulitharid First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2019
    any1 else have problem with downloading that file?