Hit me with your best campaign ideas

2bak

First time out of the vault
I might be GM’ing a game soon, and I want to get some inspiration for the campaign. Will probably run it in California and the setting will be closer to the original trilogy than the newer games.

What kind of cool adventures could I put my players through?

Last time I started a campaign I had my players meet up in a small town in northern California. They got into a bar brawl, defending a ghoul that was being harrased and would then get the quest: to find a missing young couple.

After asking around and all that, they would eventually get some clues, set out into the wilderness and eventually locate the couple inside a small pre War bunker, that was under construction at the time of the Great War. It should have been a small outpost for a militia company (to fight back communist invaders after the War), but it's not yet been completed or outfitted with weapons.

The couple (and the small town) get the lucky find of a lot of good, pre war building equipment. But the players find a letter to the construction foreman, congratulating him about the great work his company did on another bunker (the location of which is mentioned). So, the players have a reason to travel there together. Depending on where you put that second bunker, you can have them cross most of California, slowly working their way to that bunker, so they may claim its riches.

Unfortunately, I can't add more details, since we only played that one round.

It was. It got all the characters together rather quickly and more importantly, it gave them a reason to keep sticking together. If I remember it correctly, the next session would them have stopping by in New Reno (closest city to where they started).

I'm interested in taking a few ideas given by the person who created Fallout Motor City and adding my own stuff to them. Detroit in the era that America could never culturally get past until the apocalypse was doing great, made military weapons and was a big front to the invasion of canada, and most importantly of all, had an influence in the United States quest for oil. So imagine if Vault tec was commissioned to make a large bunker with seed and information archives for the higher ups in the car, oil, and military industries? But instead of going into a coma and loosing a lot of resources like House did, they survived, came out 30-40 years later, and took control of the area?

While this idea would need to be handled carefully, I think it would be interesting to see what the corporations who ruined america would do if they could cut out the government middleman, and sortof have a shadowrun inspired corporate council consisting of the major corporations in the city that governs the area. I think it would be interesting to see what you could do with an anarcho-capitalist hellhole. There would still be a lot of abandoned places to explore on the non walled off parts the city, which are filled with misfortunate people trying to get by, druggies, gangs, and anti-council groups, some of which are terrorists. There are also a some good places to travel outside of the city. It would also be one of the few reasonable excuses to feasibly have a Fallout campaign where some areas are like Madmax and you can have car fights.

I'm interested in taking a few ideas given by the person who created Fallout Motor City and adding my own stuff to them. Detroit in the era that America could never culturally get past until the apocalypse was doing great, made military weapons and was a big front to the invasion of canada, and most importantly of all, had an influence in the United States quest for oil. So imagine if Vault tec was commissioned to make a large bunker with seed and information archives for the higher ups in the car, oil, and military industries? But instead of going into a coma and loosing a lot of resources like House did, they survived, came out 30-40 years later, and took control of the area?

While this idea would need to be handled carefully, I think it would be interesting to see what the corporations who ruined america would do if they could cut out the government middleman, and sortof have a shadowrun inspired corporate council consisting of the major corporations in the city that governs the area. I think it would be interesting to see what you could do with an anarcho-capitalist hellhole. There would still be a lot of abandoned places to explore on the non walled off parts the city, which are filled with misfortunate people trying to get by, druggies, gangs, and anti-council groups, some of which are terrorists. There are also a some good places to travel outside of the city. It would also be one of the few reasonable excuses to feasibly have a Fallout campaign where some areas are like Madmax and you can have car fights.

Great ideas, I could easily do a campaign around that. I might use this!

Back