Houses to live in?

Guiltyofbeingtrite said:
Dino deelite is my absolute favorite.

Armor in a dresser, non armor clothing in wardrobe. Guns in one cabinet laser and "big" guns and explosives in the safe, and melee in the footlocker. Aid items in one dresser and misc items in the desk near the front door. It's a 10 second walk from the fast travel point as well.

Yea that's my prefered layout as well (well all guns in the footlocker). I tend to use the Sink as a secondary house to store the OWB loot but keep all the good stuff at the Dino.

Few questions, please:

-Which containers in The Sink, and Dino Dee-Lite are safe? I'm paranoid i'll lose all my unique weapons and stuff.

-If you tell companions to wait, will they eventually go back to their origination, as in Fallout 3?

-Does The Sink and Dino have adequate lighting, I hate dark-ish places? That's why I avoid the Lucky 38

I know I could test these things myself, but i'm at least 10 days away from home so I can't until I regain good ol' western culture.

There is a computer at the gun runners shop that sends followers back to their homes.

Mr Krepe said:
Few questions, please:

-Which containers in The Sink, and Dino Dee-Lite are safe? I'm paranoid i'll lose all my unique weapons and stuff.

All containers - that are unowned - are safe the game throughout.

Mr Krepe said:
-If you tell companions to wait, will they eventually go back to their origination, as in Fallout 3?

Yup.

Mr Krepe said:
-Does The Sink and Dino have adequate lighting, I hate dark-ish places? That's why I avoid the Lucky 38.

Good enough, the Sink actually has too custom light settings in addition to the mostly blue.

Everything in The Sink is safe, except the shop of course. There really is no comparison for a home base though:

- an owned bed
- all 3 crafting stations with nearby storage containers
- a merchant
- a hydroponic garden for many common plants
- a special auto doc that can not only heal you but also change your hair and appearance, swap your 'organ' perks and perform special implants
- several uniquely functional appliances to break down various forms of vendor trash and plants into useful items.
- temporary stat-affecting mood lighting options
- a rad-free water source that can fill empty bottles
- both nuka cola and a sunset sasparilla machines
- modification station (jukebox) for the sonic emitter
- many containers of various types scattered about the place
- amusing personalities and lots of fun atmospheric touches
- can be fast-traveled directly to it regardless of encumbrance from nearly any exterior location.

Really the only things it's possibly missing are a Sierra Madre replicator and the option to bring/drop off companions. It's as close to a perfect house as you're going to find anywhere and even mods will be hard pressed to match it.

NemZ said:
Everything in The Sink is safe, except the shop of course. There really is no comparison for a home base though:

- an owned bed
- all 3 crafting stations with nearby storage containers
- a merchant
- a hydroponic garden for many common plants
- a special auto doc that can not only heal you but also change your hair and appearance, swap your 'organ' perks and perform special implants
- several uniquely functional appliances to break down various forms of vendor trash and plants into useful items.
- temporary stat-affecting mood lighting options
- a rad-free water source that can fill empty bottles
- both nuka cola and a sunset sasparilla machines
- modification station (jukebox) for the sonic emitter
- many containers of various types scattered about the place
- amusing personalities and lots of fun atmospheric touches
- can be fast-traveled directly to it regardless of encumbrance from nearly any exterior location.

Really the only things it's possibly missing are a Sierra Madre replicator and the option to bring/drop off companions. It's as close to a perfect house as you're going to find anywhere and even mods will be hard pressed to match it.

Except that it's rather impersonal and looks like shite? I prefer Klien's house in Higgs Village personally.

Meh, I fully upgraded the presidential suite, so I've got everything I could need there. As for the atmosphere, I've found that my own decorating spiffs the place up quite nicely. The various trophies I've found throughout my scavenging of the wastes, plus ample places for storage make it a great choice for me. As for companions... I send them home. Rex and ED-E get to stay at the Lucky 38 since they won't drink my trophies.

And by trophies I mean special Nuka-Cola's.

Everywhere else I've decorated with the spoils of my travels. The doorway to my bedroom is flanked by Garden Gnomes, and on tables throughout there are gold bars from the Dead Money DLC. All 37 baby.

In addition I also like to put the unique weapons out on display. My bed is flanked by the Tesla-Beaton prototype and Annabelle. She's embrace is at the footlocker by my bed, a scripture on one night stand, Maria and light in Shining Darkness on either night stand.

You get the idea.

I used the Novac Motel when I set Novac up as my personal hub for my Couriers Mercenary service; Cass with service Rifle and Combat armour, ED-E scouting the bridge and my two budding NCR members courtesey of the NCR radio standing around, doing nothing in the centre.

Oh, and Boone in the tower, and everyone else in Novac is dead.

I do the same as you Chromevod, except for the gold bars, i've just got pre-war money lying everywhere, i've sold all my gold bars. With unique weapons everywhere. But as soon as I get OWB bout a week now, the Sink shall be mine.

A little off topic, but about owb, if you finish old world blues without finishing all side quests- are they still active if you choose to return there later?

I can't remember the source, but it said that you have to complete the side-quests before you finished the main quest. But, I cannot confirm.

Mr Krepe said:
I can't remember the source, but it said that you have to complete the side-quests before you finished the main quest. But, I cannot confirm.

I can confirm that as bogus :)

All side quests can be done post-Main OWB questline.

Ahhhh i've been bogused! I can't actually where I heard that from, I will investigate my history...

I'm kind of an oddball, i tend to use things that are not that common because they make my character feel special depending on the personality he's portraying.

For my Legion playthrough i use the Bradley's shack cause it has that heavy militant feel and screams "WAR NUT".

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bradley's_shack

For my scavenger playthrough i use the Cliffside camp, gives my rugged, old, long bearded survivalist a relatively safe place to crash and store his cheap booze.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cliffside_prospector_camp

Abandoned BoS bunker is a perfect home for my disillusioned roving BoS Paladin.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Abandoned_Brotherhood_of_Steel_bunker

Prospector's den is what my greedy scavenger calls home. Kill the Jackals standing in front of it and enter. Initially, the Prospector's Den will be inhabited by Jackal gang members, who have raided the den and killed the prospectors inside. BUT, if you clear out the location off murderous cosplayers, a new group of prospectors, including two New California Republic prospectors, will inhabit the den for the rest of the game. Along with the two prospectors, a merchant will also inhabit the area, standing near the exterior of the shack, making it an awesome place to sell your stuff and live at the same time.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Prospector's_Den

But a single place for living i simply freakin adore is this little beauty called Hell's Motel. It's accessed via couple of bridges swinging above radioactive hot pools. Clear out the ghouls in front of it and the crazed Mr. Handy inside and it's all yours. The interior is big (lab, a kitchen on the first floor, sleeping quarters on the second), unique and nicely furnished. Um.........well, some bleach will take care of the blood stain ;)
Despite the widespread radiation outside near the irradiated lake, Hell's Motel is radiation-free inside. And yes, i have a hard-on on this particular location.

540px-Hells_Motel_interior.jpg

240px-Hells_motel.jpg

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hell's_motel#Hell.27s_motel

Another awesome place is the Scavenger platform in the middle of Lake Mead. Just clear the lakelurks and drag their bodies (and pieces of it) into the water so they don't repawn after a few days.

540px-Scavenger_Platform.jpg

Also, check out the Brewer's beer bootlegging, the basement is awesome.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brewer's_beer_bootlegging

Of course, you can always use Novac or Lucky 38 :P

Back