How Much Are You Paying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Duckman, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Duckman

Duckman Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 18, 2005
    Well, just before the Easter long weekend, petrol prices (for unleaded fuel) has peaked again at around AU$1.30 (0.95USD, 0.79Euro or 0.55GBP) per litre.

I was just wondering what other countries are paying in relation to prices here in Australia. It's a pain in the ars as only last week the price was AU$1.10. Fucking fluctuations.

2. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    The european gas prices. (+ US for reference, but keep in mind that the currencies arent converted. so US is even cheaper than it looks.)

More up to date belgian prices (in euros). It's in dutch, but not very hard to figure out, /me thinkz.

All in all, the gasprices dont bother me much. I'm even quite surprised it isn't more nowadays.

The only country that's worse off than Belgium in the euro-zone is dutchylan! They pay up to 1.5 euro for 1 litre of Super 98 & up to 1.1 euro per litre of diesel.

So all in all, you're doing fine, ducky. :)

edit: keep in mind that the gasprices on site nr2 are maximum prices set by law. actual prices at the pump are less. the first site seems to be actual averages.

3. Unkillable Cat

Unkillable Cat Mildly Dipped

Jan 5, 2004
    Iceland isn't in there, which is saying something.

For unleaded fuel in self-service, we currently pay $1.75...for the liter.

Higher quality gasoline and having other people pump the gas puts the price over $2.

4. Buckle

Buckle It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 8, 2004
    $2.79 USD when I drove past a station this morning. I am glad I have a bunch of oil and energy stocks.

5. fbarone

fbarone First time out of the vault

Jan 18, 2006
    Here in Brazil I'm paying US$1.13 per liter.

6. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    i pay like 2.85 a gallon for the good shit. but then again i drive a old suzuki swift which is a glorified geo metro with 4 cyls...

of course i fill up every 2 weeks for like 15$ US so it doesnt bother me at all.

7. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    I have staff to take care of this kind of shit.

8. [Rusty Chopper]

[Rusty Chopper] Vault Dweller

Jan 23, 2005
    Here in Rusland we pay 16.80 RUR ($0,61).

Way too much.

9. keyser Soeze

keyser Soeze Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 15, 2005
    Whine, here we pay 1,20-1.40€ :?

In sweden that is btw :)

10. Member of Khans

Member of Khans Vault Dweller

Aug 26, 2004
    Dito for Germany.

11. st0lve

st0lve Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 14, 2004
    Its about 10.40kr.
    1 euro is about 8kr. 1 usd is 6.50kr.

12. 4too

4too Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 30, 2003
    Spring Thaw

Spring Thaw

April 11, 2006, afternoon.

BP station at the corner raised the low octane price to $2.79 per U.S. gallon.
    U.S. gallon = 3.79 liters = .83 U.K. gallon

The regional blending of gasoline for air quality issues usually means prices will rise through the summer. Any bump in the road to the refineries that supply Ohio means an upward oscillation in consumer cost.

As long as supply is stable, the increasing cost can be endured.
    The longer people stay working the more likely they can afford more energy efficient transportation.

GM assured they had an electric car prototype that could compete on American highways IN THE 1980'S. A 2 seater with 4 cylinder style acceleration, 55 to 65 mph cruising, '''about''' 70 to 100 mile charge range.
    Even with the heavy batteries of today, an electric car would sell, especially if cheaper than the hybrids.

No, GM has no 'pure' electric car in their dealer lots.

Just SUV'S.

No, GM is nearly busted, had to sell it's car loan shark profit generator to stay in the transportation bizz.
    I'll have to wait for the Japanese to perfect the next generation of batteries to see any economy of scale in electric car production.

Funny, if we all had to settle for the current generation of golf carts to shop and get to work. A make shift top and wind shield would make them look like a small wheeled Model T's. Wonder if doubling the batteries to 12 would do the 28 mile round trip at 20 - 25 mph. If the speed was 'clocked up' to 35, this 'auto' might still rate the same license as a moped.

If my total daily commute time went from 50 minutes to an hour and a half, would be an hour [or more] less then the average cross town bus(es), with the typical half to one mile [or more] walk from stops to home or work. No 'public' transport solution on the near horizon. Public transport in Columbus is supported by tax referendums, guess how the car drivers vote.

4too

13. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    I just think it's ridiculous that some countries, and I'll take Australia as an example her, produce most of their oil in their own country. But the prices here go by what the median price is in Singapore for some unkown reason.

All I gotta say is no matter what the price, I'm still going to have to pay. I live too far away from where I work to bother using public transport.

14. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    In Austria, I'm paying 1,05€/l unleaded98. It's quite a bargain, comparing to some other (old) EU members.

15. Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 14, 2005
    Yes it might be, but there is the tax rate thing in EU, they pay nearly 25-40% of the price as taxes that are included in the prices, so well, you might get the gas cheap, but what about the road conditions, health care, pla pla pla...

16. Elissar

Elissar Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Aug 31, 2003
    Price of regular unleaded gasoline here is now $2,60 a gallon, fucking ridiculous to pay that much for fuel in a state that's leading export is seafood and oil.

17. Kahgan

Kahgan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 25, 2003
    and I thought norwegian gas-prices were high, well, they are, just not *that* high, last time I filled, it was 1.74 dollars per liter...

18. Dabeav

Dabeav First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2006
    I paid $2.64/gallon today. I drive a long way to work with my Civic. It's going to start to hurt at $4/gal.

19. Duckman

Nov 18, 2005
    Even still with the conversion to litres and Australian dollars, you pay around 96 (Australian) cents to our $1.30 a litre.

20. Kahgan

Kahgan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 25, 2003
    isn't a gallon the same as a liter?