Impressions of Honest Hearts

I completed the Honest heart with scoped (from WME mod) This Machine and silenced .45 pistol wearing Boone's assault kit and 1st recon barret roleplaying a NCR military advisor/Green beret among Montguards. At the end I gone full native ala Colonel Curtz. :twisted:
Shame it lacked the option to settle down in Zion even if this woud end the game.

Requete said:
I completed the Honest heart with scoped (from WME mod) This Machine and silenced .45 pistol wearing Boone's assault kit and 1st recon barret roleplaying a NCR military advisor/Green beret among Montguards. At the end I gone full native ala Colonel Curtz. :twisted:
Shame it lacked the option to settle down in Zion even if this woud end the game.

I played my character essentially the exact same way. And yeah, I wish I'd have had the option to settle down with the Sorrows and Dead Horses. I also had a real "Walter E. Kurtz" thing going on, and it felt awsome.

The whole Zion scenery were mesmerizing when I first arrived there, but in whole package, it felt kinda empty. Too much good thing left aside. I'm fine with Joshua Graham being religious, but compare to Dead Money's quests, Honest Heart is bland. Exploring is fun, but in an empty valley? Not for me.

Sure, the Survivalist's unmarked quest were fun, hunting Yaoi Guai while drugged isn't too bad, but much of the plot is asking me to retrieve from point A, fight couple of wildlife and maybe some stupid tribal, then return to Point B. Rinse and repeat. Follow Chalk and Walking Cloud is a pale comparison if you already recruited all companion in both vanilla and Dead Money.

Somehow, I felt the devs rushed the game, since the last quest, just like Hoover Dam second war, disappointed me. When I'm in my second play, favoring the Canaan's missionary over Joshua, it's even more disappointing. Maybe I expected a full blown war instead of some petty raid...as the White Leg proven dangerous the moment I arrived in Zion. The third playthrough, I didn't bother to do any more bland quest, so I just killed all of them and take the map so I can go home faster, heh.

I just hope the next one, Old World Blues would delivered as good as the devs promised (yeah right). Right now I'm playing the mods to kill time.

I actualy enjoyed the quests on Honest Hearts, they gave me diferent options on how to compelte them, I went for the pacific ones most of the time, stealign the totems, colapsing the cave, and I liekd to explore, the scenery was beautiful (for gamebryo) and there weren't as much invisible walls, I liked the chaarcters, there were very well written, I am atheist and I like Joshua Graham a lot, hsi characterization is pretty good, the tribe war felt a little small scale I'll give you that, it woudl have helped for it to have far mroe enemies, and traps and shit, like for example the WHite Legs would of lure a bunch of Yao Guais and you woudl need to either scpae or fend them off, the "reward chest" at teh end felt kind of cheap, but all in all a good DLC, not as good as Dead Money, btu still a very good experiment in chaneg of pace and direction.

My Favorite aspect of Honest hearts wasnt the armor or weapons, it wasnt the enviroment (though it did look nice) it was tracking down the survivalist's caches and reading his jornal entries. I thought it was very well written and really explorered what those initial surviors went through. At the end when he helped guide what would become the sarrows it cemented my choice to help them stay in Zion. He wouldnt have wanted the kids forced out and it wasnt about to happen under my watch. i was happy with how the story ended for me. sure the Sorrows lost that innocences, but that was going to happen eventually no matter what you do, and at least by not executing the White Legs chief the sorrows had a good example set and didnt becoming aggressive scumbags (like one of the ends i saw on the wiki) overall it wasnt the most amazing DLC ever but i did enjoy it and recommend folks get it. If nothing else its nice to have a DLC thats more about the experiance then just the "phat lootz"

I actualy made the Sorrows become a warring tribe, I don't think I would ever side with Daniel for otehr reason than seeing the alternate way, the White Legs had to go down, Zino belonged to the Sorrows, that "put the other cheek" mentality only leads to a medicore life, so I did this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6IMZ9_8G0k[/youtube]
With Project nevada on.

Back