Is Fallout 4 bad?

kintachi

First time out of the vault
I have never played Fallout 4 and I want to know if Fallout 4 is as shity as Fallout 3 or is good like fallout 1,2 and New Vegas. Remember that what qualify`s you to respond is that you played or Fallout 1 or 2 and understood the factions motivations.

and I want to know if Fallout 4 is as shity as Fallout 3 or is good like fallout 1,2 and New Vegas
Fallout 4 is more of the same from Fallout 3, yet without the RPG Mechanics to make up for it.

So it strongly falls in to the former category, unfortunately.

There are plenty of threads, just browse the pages on this forum.

For example

http://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-4-is-such-garbage-i-dont-want-to-fix-it.214558/
Thanks quy I just made this question because me and my friend are making a mod that rerewite the whole game and bting to the table a new story and gameplay.Can I count on your support to tell me were I failed and help me meke it(if you want to help me of course)
PS:Bad joke now:if you want to help me of courier

theniripped-his-spinal-column-out-and-beat-the-other-heretic-13583222.png

I saw this and thought of Bethesda (Space Marine) talking to the modern Fallout Fans about the previous games.

In terms of entertainment value Fallout 4 rests somewhere between cleaning up my cat's vomit and drinking chocolate milk 6 months past expiry date.

From my perspective, the entertainment value is the same as playing any EA related mindlessly repeating franchise game. Expecting something relatively decent and opening the box to discover a can of spam with a "NEW!" sticker slapped onto it in a half-assed attempt at innovation. Looking at the list of ingredients which of course are in some unknown foreign language the best assessment anyone can make is that it was possibly made by a human.

If the individual in question with the can of the "NEW!" spam was raised on the "Classic!" versions and opt to consume it; they will be in for a serious bout of gastro-intestinal distress as the not quite edible chunks make it's way through their bowls. Which of course eventually get lodged in some precarious places requiring a hospital visit to excise the remains of what was one of the the best RPG games out there.

In conclusion, if you are a fan of the originals. Then stay far, far away. Otherwise you may end up grumpy about how it tasted like shrimp instead of pork. 0 out of 10, would not eat again.

Mechanically better than 3, rpg components aside, and worse in every other way. Mainly it lacks choice and meaningful consequences, while at best raising vague questions it then immediately renders moot.

A bit late to give my opinion, but here is it: a terrible game. Fallout 3 wasnt a great Fallout game, but was a good RPG. Fallout 4 doenst deserve the name. Its a terrible game.

Saying Fallout 3 has better RPG mechanics than Fallout 4 means nothing. Fallout 3 RPG mechanics are barebones and terrible and in 4 they are somehow worse.

Fallout 4 is pretty much a soulless, bare bones, open world "RPG" with next to no substance. If you just want to screw around in the world for a bit, i guess the game is alright. But there are much better games for just doing that.

Yes, it is. Barring the whole Fallout thing, it's completely mediocre standing against Ubisoft's shooters even.

A bit late to give my opinion, but here is it: a terrible game. Fallout 3 wasnt a great Fallout game, but was a good RPG. Fallout 4 doenst deserve the name. Its a terrible game.

Fallout 3 was an okay post-apoc sandbox game if you didn't care about franchise lore (or logic for that matter), but it was an awful Fallout game and could barely be called an RPG.
Surprisingly, it's better in every way from FO4, but it's still pretty horrible.

From my limited experience with FO4, the only thing it did good was gunplay which is far better than what FO3 and FNV offered. But as plenty people said, there's a shitton of better open world shooters if that's what you're looking for.

Honestly?!
It's a mixed bag.
There's some things I think are great. The gunplay actually exists and it looks somewhat decent.
As a game, Fallout 4 is fine...

It's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type deal.

It doesn't exceed in one thing but tries to instead create an ever lasting package (which is fairly redundant as games have a limited lifespan).

Still, if you want to waste 50 hours, I can think of worse things to do

I think this’ll end up being a parrot of most things said before.

Fallout 4 is a game made for a mass audience. It is made for the (very) casual gamers who take an art medium at face value and don’t interest themselves in the nitty gritty of such things like franchise consistency or the ideals behind the origins. It is a game made for those who want the instant gratification of being given greater and more meaningless positions of artificial power. It is for those who have a busy life and want to play an hour or three at the end of the day and not have to truly immerse themselves in long winded and confusing storylines and thematic ideals.

And yet, it posses the threads of creativity and thematic grounding that could have made a great game under different leadership. You can see the imagination peaking out from behind character interactions, stunted questlines, and nondescript dungeons. It is a fetus thrown under a rug, torn from the womb before it’s time and now resides as nothing more than a soft extrusion on an otherwise flat ground.

Is it a fun game? Yes. It holds up as a game you can end up sticking high numbers in since it just doesn’t end.

Is it a Fallout game? Yes. It is a modern Fallout game. It is the Fallout of a company who did not create it, who either didn’t understand the foundation created in the originals or just didn’t care. It is a parody of what the classics presented, a drag queen strutting like they are a biological woman, but it is what Fallout is now.

Is it an RPG? Go no.

Do I still play it? Yes. When I go to visit home I will flick it on for an hour or two, romancing up Piper or Cait and fiddling about with settlements before going off on a mindless quest that keeps repeating itself.

Should you play it? Yes. You may enjoy it. You may find the embers of the classics scattered on the polluted ocean that is Bethesda’s vision for a Fallout stripped down and streamlined to the extent that is resembles a kid’s attempts at the Mona Lisa

And yet, it posses the threads of creativity and thematic grounding that could have made a great game under different leadership
Does it?

I see very little if any creativity in it.

The characters are uncreative, the only new factions that they didn't take from previous games are generic good guys(Minutemen), rip-off Tunnel Snakes(Atom Cats), and various raider groups.

I think it has quite a few nice ideas in it, but as I'll never tire to say, everything is ruined by Bethesda's laziness.

Back