Is it bad that I consider Bethesda Fallout's power armor to be canon?

Until I see the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel in one of those fancy intros that Bethesda does I will not buy their games. If they make a game that has a lot of Tactics stuff I will buy it. That Tactics blimp might be why I bought Fallout 4 tbh. Those are my conditions.

Tactics is full on hardon cannon.

Until I see the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel in one of those fancy intros that Bethesda does I will not buy their games. If they make a game that has a lot of Tactics stuff I will buy it. That Tactics blimp might be why I bought Fallout 4 tbh. Those are my conditions.

Tactics is full on hardon cannon.

I don't know why you like Tactics so much but I dig it. I personally found Tactics gameplay to be alright but everything else was really lackluster, and its also greatest crime of beginning the Brotherhood wank.

I don't know why you like Tactics so much but I dig it. I personally found Tactics gameplay to be alright but everything else was really lackluster, and its also greatest crime of beginning the Brotherhood wank.

I like tactical RPG's just as much as open world RPG's. Plus Xconns Ultimate Ripoff mod makes Fallout Tactics the real Fallout 3. Plus I like the Brotherhood in Tactics because they are more realistic instead of religious fanatics. Recruiting tribals might seem counter productive but it's either that or the BoS in the Chicago area would have died.

+++

I don't consider any interactions in most Bethesda Fallout's canon (I consider 3's major events canon like Project Purity, but that's it), but I do consider Bethesda's power armors canon, like T-60, X-01, Excavator, Hellcat, Ultracite, etc. Am I wrong to think this or is it plausible that these power armors might exist in the canon games?

In my opinion, yes. BUT, hear me out. Only because you need to take it broad strokes. First of all, power armor in civilian uses would predate military uses by a dam site and power armor frames are a genuinely good addition, and that have NUMEROUS civilian uses from disability/elderly rehabilitation (thus economic benefits) to automation fightback (something that would add to the 50s atomic punk aesthetic but Bethesda wants to pretend nothing was really invented between 1950 and 2050 because they are morons) and ultracite goes against every thematic thing in Fallout as well any sort of scientific hardness. Ghouls can be understood as biological warfare agents, ultracite is physically impossible. Now the T60 Stateside riot control refurbish of the outdated T45? sure! And the T-45 is a good addition too. I do not have a problem with the X-01 at all att being an immediate post war development, the only one I have a problem with is the one on display in Nuka World.

For me, what needs to be canon needs to be dictated by the logic of major plot points and the notion that people are intellectually smart but emotionally stupid. If people aren't driven by ego or unbearable culture, they will make smart decisions over time.

I just can't get over power armor standing in the middle of the street for me to loot. When I see stuff like that I think "Yeah they did not think this through" and it does not matter how cool the armor that loses all it's armor like in Iron Man 3 actually is because it is silly.

Back