Is Jet pre-war?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by xxdemonxspawnnxx, May 27, 2022.

Tags:

Is jet pre-war chem?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2022.
  1. No

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No idea

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. xxdemonxspawnnxx

xxdemonxspawnnxx First time out of the vault

Apr 13, 2021
    I don't want to talk about retcons, but is it stated anywhere in FO2 that Myron is lying/ he copied a formula for jet?
    20220527_195421.jpg 20220527_200846.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  2. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos A Smooth-Skin

May 12, 2020
    These people will jump through any hoops to try to justify Bethesda’s retcon. The closest evidence to jet being pre-war in Fallout 2 is the fact that the protein extract fed to cattle caused the meat to have psychoactive effects similar to methamphetamine (or perhaps it was the protein extract itself that behaved like meth, I can’t quite remember). There is no evidence that the pre-war world decided to package this into an inhaler and market it to the public, and I can’t imagine why they would. To my knowledge, the only publicly available drugs were relatively safe pharmaceuticals Buffout and Mentats.

The Chosen One can imply that he suspects Myron didn’t actually invent Jet, but rather stumbled upon something that had already been invented. I’m sure he’s referring to old school meth, not Brahmin shit Jet. Also, Mrs. Bishop says she got hooked on Jet before Myron was born/old enough to read, but this is clearly an oversight by the developers. Avellone said as much.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  3. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    Jet was not prewar in the series proper.

Bethesda’s bastardization turns everything inside out and upside down, so it might be something now and something else later, and nothing needs to make sense. So who cares.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Next retcon will be that the Brotherhood of Steel was already in the prototype stages before the war because the 'good' United States army plan to do a coup d'etat and overthrow the increasingly authoritarian government. They decided to name their resistance group the Brotherhood.

And the Enclave had millions of members and bases all over the United States.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos A Smooth-Skin

May 12, 2020
    And Vault-Tec started the war.

And Fallout is just the Elder Scrolls universe in the distant future (or past).

6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Carbon Dated and Proud

Nov 26, 2007
    Everything they touch, they convert to crap.

sad_and_pathetic.jpg

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  7. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    This part is great. West Tek kicks over a drum of FEV into the town reservoir a couple days before the bombs fall because fuck you we need super mutants in this game.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. JunjiItosGio

JunjiItosGio Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 29, 2020
    439379BB-96A3-4AED-B673-34634E0C83AA.jpeg

Had to make this lmao.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 5
  9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    In the movie Interplay wanted to have made Vault Tec or its CEO actually did.
    The Vaults were build but no one was using them so he decided to have a nuclear war started.

Or it could also have been;

1. Dump FEV in town water supply

2. ????

3. Profit

10. TorontoReign

TorontoReign The Douchelord Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Picked No Idea since Who Gives A Shit was not listed.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It can be a pre-war drug because there's no reason why Myron wouldn't be full of shit.

12. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    That’s…. Kinda sorta reasonable, but also reaching it pretty far.

Myron is an egomaniac so he likely wouldn’t lie about his achievement (the delivery of it makes him sound very proud and selfrighteous about it). If he had lied, which could be construed as posdible, I don’t think he would’ve as far with the description and I think the tone would’ve been different. As such, I do not believe it was meant to be interpretable.

Everybody of course takes it how ever they wish, but there is just something that in my mind contradicts Myron bullshitting.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3