Fallout 2 mod Items from other fallout games on fallout 2.

impHullaBaloo

First time out of the vault
I was thinking, why don't people create more content from other fallout games to fallout 2? I think there are many classic items that would look great in it. Like, for example, the AER laser rifle, the M199, the nuke launcher, and even consumable items like sugar bombs, gumdrops, etc. Does this have something to do with Bethesda's IP? Or do people just not interested in doing those?

Usually because the people who make mods for Fo2 are the ones who aren't that big fans of the newer titles.

I've had the same idea myself!

No items from the Bethesda games obviously since they are non-canon. However I do think you could add all weapons and items that Obsidian created for New Vegas. There's no fault in that!

If you know how to do then go a head!

I'm making a mod to add some newer fallout items to play on fo2. My biggest concern is with some copyright problem. I know bethesda has this thing about not allowing using features from other games in mods. However, I believe it is ok in this case, since it is just an image of the item. And I also don't intend to remunerate the mod in any way. But if there is a problem, I can recreate my own version from scratch. Or in the worst case I will make this mod just for me to use ^^".

FNV has lots of "Classic Fallout Weapons" and other similar item mods, I would say go for it.

(I also suspect that some people aren't adding those because they would be hard be hard to justify being on the East)

Some might fit pretty well, like the Service Rifle as a mid-game assault rifle used around the NCR. The Assault Rifle from FO3 (R91 I think) is a great design, one of the best Bethesda gun designs. Varmint Rifle would fit fairly well, too.

Laser RCW as a laser burst weapon using the shotgun/rifle sprite would be neat - Laser RCW would be perfect as a weapon for the Salvatores in New Reno, Laser Tommy Guns fuck yeah. Imagine Salvatores fighting with Gatling-laser lites. Using a Laser resistances fix patch, it would be a pretty good mid-game gun too. Would be super cool for our NPCs too, imagine Cassidy or Vic with a Laser RCW.

One variety of item that would be really cool to see are all the unarmed weapons from FO3 and FNV. Also the ones from FOT too, but I guess they are already in. Thermic Lance as an end-game spear, fuck yeah!

Last edited:
Back