Josh Sawyer plays New Vegas for charity

Obsidian recently held a 48-hour marathon stream for charity, where Josh Sawyer played Fallout: New Vegas while answering questions from the viewers and telling stories from the development:

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian/v/100606816?t=6h47m
(starts at the 6h47m mark and ends a bit before 11h mark)

Of course, he plays with his own mod enabled and on Hard difficulty, because Josh ain't no slouch.

While I have yet to watch (or rather, listen to) it all, there does not seem to be a lot of unknown information in this video, as Sawyer has answered so many questions about development elsewhere already.
One funny story I noticed was the reason for the bug where ED-E would go hostile in Camp McCarren. Apparently this happened because of Radiant AI perceiving ED-E as an animal, so if any nearby humans had the "Hunter" AI, they would hunt and kill animals for food, thereby attacking ED-E if it had food in its inventory.

Last edited:
D
Or on the thousands of randomly spawning riot gear bandits that would probably show up in outdoor areas. ;(
Exactly. It should be a very rare thing, in places like the F2 Bozar bunker or FNV Vault 34 armory

Also, Anti-Riot units for what we've seen were snipers or PA soldiers

Power Shield!
A Nuclear shield that would create an energy field over itself to deflect energy weapon projectiles/beams. Made from the same materials as real power armor and deployed right before the bombs fell.
*Bethesda should really hire me for their creative department, I think i fit perfectly there if I try really hard.*

D
Power Shield!
A Nuclear shield that would create an energy field over itself to deflect energy weapon projectiles/beams. Made from the same materials as real power armor and deployed right before the bombs fell.
*Bethesda should really hire me for their creative department, I think i fit perfectly there if I try really hard.*
:puke:

Power Shield!
Dude, don't give them ideas. If I genuinely wanted to screw with the setting, I would just put a lightsaber there.
Exactly. It should be a very rare thing, in places like the F2 Bozar bunker or FNV Vault 34 armory

Also, Anti-Riot units for what we've seen were snipers or PA soldiers
So you aren't entirely against the idea?

D
So you aren't entirely against the idea?
I'm not, riots and civillian uprising in the later years of the Pre-War times could be interesting to see, but the chance was lost in Fo4's intro.
Lonesome Road had some insight on that.
About shields, very rare and very demanding stat wise, relying in STR/Melee
And if there were any repair/crafting, they should be needing some maintenance after being useful

QUESTION: Was there a specific reason for the AMR being a PGM Hecate considering its such a rare rifle compared other AMRs (like the M82)?

"Because it looks sick as fuck"

D
QUESTION: Was there a specific reason for the AMR being a PGM Hecate considering its such a rare rifle compared other AMRs (like the M82)?

"Because it looks sick as fuck"
I think they googled "Big Fucking Rifle"

That wasn't about Avallone; it was ~if Obsidian doesn't make another Fallout title... reason enough not to bother with future Fallout titles.

mcanukaemote2sbtl.png
vs.
sawyeremoteyxsfz.png

Who will be the one to decide the fate of true Fallout canon?

(Or will Tim Cain steal it back from under their noses?)

The guy on the right is gonna lose... he's holding the AT-4 backwards. Then again, maybe he's counting on the other guy losing his thumb when he fires that .45.

That's because he's so hardcore that is how he aims at a vertibird behind him. He does it with his back to it. 8-)

Ha!

The original images must have been flipped horizontally [mirror image].

[Flipped they're okay] See:

fake_flipped_zpswhmhjrrl.png

Nah, the AT-4 is still backwards. You can tell because the yellow band is near the muzzle. The .45 is still going to take the guy's thumb. I wouldn't put my thumb behind the slide of a 9mm, let alone a .45.

Back