Joystiq Preview + new info

Discussion in 'Fallout: New Vegas Discussion' started by Jet1337, May 1, 2010.

1. Jet1337

Jet1337 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 27, 2009
    The part about being able to look down the sights makes this a buy for me, especially if there are twice as many weapons than Fallout 3.

2. Aphyosis

Aphyosis Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2009
    I remain unconvinced until they really fix the ballistics of the weapons. Sights won't fix that.

3. Argonnot

Argonnot Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 27, 2004
    What issue with the balistic weapons? Thier inconsistant damage? How thier damage is tied to skill level rather then thier accuracy? The fact the bullets never go where thier supposed to in third person? The fact that they all fire the same ammunition? What issue in particular irks you?

4. Aphyosis

Aphyosis Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 4, 2009
    Ballistics is the behavior of the bullets and guns. Stuff like the insane bullet drop on the sniper rifle, despite the other guns being fine. Bullets coming out of the gun at a 30 degree angle. A particular complaint of mine that apply's to most games (Also the reason i think MW2 is pretty fucking crap) is the way you can fire weapons with next to no accuracy problems while on the move. The fact large caliber weaponry causes very little damage to unarmored targets comparatively. Among other things, the guns feel very... loose and incredibly poorly polished.

5. TwoEyedYum

TwoEyedYum Naked Moose

Jan 21, 2010
    ...we'll make just another FPS game with _some_ RPG elements. Nice, looks like there's no FPS games around and this need to be fixed! :wtf:

I thought, they KNOW what would make happy us all... I was a fool. Still VATS, still mattix-like FPS+arcade... :twitch:

6. cratchety ol joe

cratchety ol joe Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Sep 2, 2008
    Reading this small snippet of a review I'm already shining the glittering gem of hatred, so it shines like never before...

I sense NV will be to the fallout purists (those that remain somewhat untainted by FO:3) will be a heavy dose of salt poured over our already eviscerated gaming hearts.