Just a post to praise Fallout Fixt

Greybleidd

First time out of the vault
Hello,

I have just finished one run of Fallout 1 with the Fixt patch, and I was amazed at the quality of the work you folks did. Pretty much every minor thing I remembered somewhat bothered me was present, from the lack of a law-abiding solution to Bob's Iguana (woops) bits to items being sorted by "most recent first", from the unlocking of the Hub's good ending to extra surgeries at the Brotherhood to drop all those extra caps. As if this was not enough, you are still working on it and plan to release a new version in December!!

So I decided to just drop here a post to praise the results and thank you for the hard, free work you do. It's amazing you did such a good job out of pure passion for the game!

Thank you so very much!!
Grey/Darth Weber

I don't know if anyone else was involved or not but @Sduibek is the person you'd be looking for. I think he's working on something more now last I heard? I don't know if it's still happening or not.

Thanks so much for your kind words, @Greybleidd ! :grin::grin::grin:

I've probably spent at least 2000 to 3000 hours on Fixt, so my favorite thing about it (and one of the reasons I keep working on it) is hearing that players and fans enjoy the result!

I don't know if anyone else was involved or not but @Sduibek is the person you'd be looking for. I think he's working on something more now last I heard? I don't know if it's still happening or not.
@Squadcar
That's correct; the large majority of work done on Fixt has been just me (there isn't a team). However, quite a few people have helped directly contribute to Fixt over the years -- by providing code, or content, etc. -- and Fixt uses resources from many many other folks who have previous worked on Fallout 1 before my mod existed.

Last edited:
Sduibek, I also want to thank you for your mod. I hope you have the energy to finish version 1.0.
This together with Fallout et tu (and possibly some Fixt mods for this) and a more refined translation of Fallout Nevada would be a perfect world for Fallout fans. Of course, I'm still waiting for Mutants Rising, too...

Back