Just Realized Something About FO4 Vertibirds

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by Ragemage, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Aperture Science XS 2000

Aperture Science XS 2000 First time out of the vault

Mar 28, 2016
    1. This is exact
    2. This is pretty much exact
    3. Don't forget that the NCR scavenged the Navarro base which had vertibird and so, fuel for them. And for the remnant? It's a bunker, they could store many thing in there.
    4. The BOS have the schematics of Vertibird since fallout 2 so you can enter to their base and get a powerarmor for your friend.
    5. Those are gameplay reason if they blow up fast or not, not story.
    6. They build them and convert them into using fusion cells/cores, all likes the nuclears vehicle.
    7. An infinite number of vertibird? Have you seen how many pads for vertibird there is on the Prydwen? Not that much. Also for gameplay reason that they respawn, not story.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

2. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    WHERE THE FUCK DO THEY GET THE FUSION CELLS???

You know how much they would need? And it's not like fusion cells are any rarer!

3. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Why a fusion cell machine of course!

4. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Duh!

5. Risewild

Risewild Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Fusion Cells are synths poop.
    Hire me Bethesda, I can make shitty lore on the fly as good as any of your writers:rofl:.

6. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    The Brotherhood is somehow capable of powering a massive airship; I don't think a couple Vertibirds reverse engineered to use fusion cores or somesuch is out of their reach.

I mean, sure, for gameplay reasons they have a massive fleet of Vertibirds that crash around all the time, but lore-wise I wouldn't be surprised if they only have a dozen of them or so. There's 4 anchors to the Prydwen and one landing pad on the airport below, even assuming space compression I'm pretty sure we're meant to understand they have a limited number of birds.

As for where they get their fusion cores... well that's a better question. But since my character is running around with 60 of them, they're either supposed to be commonplace or Beth just doesn't care about that sort of thing.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    Zeppelins are significantly different from helicopters, besides, they've covered the lore on how that was built and, they used methods that can't be replicated to power Vertibirds.
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Prydwen

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Yeah zeppelins are a whole different level.

9. mrchaos

mrchaos Super Orc

Nov 14, 2015
    It says they took a reactor nuclear from an aircraft carrier (how the reactor would still be operational is another story) but did they take it from rivet city? I don´t remember ever being mentioned that rivet city had a nuclear reactor.

10. Ragemage

Ragemage Wept for Zion

Feb 20, 2016
    I'd find this excuse more plausible if we'd actually gotten to see the nuclear reactor in FO3: BS as a precursor. You know, we went to the damn airforce base, you'd think we'd see a giant aircraft carrier that apparently has a still functioning nuclear reactor in it. It could've been a simple passing comment. Elder Lyons comes up to you once you wake up, saying "We found so much new technology at that Enclave base! We even found a working nuclear reactor, we could use this to power so many electronic farms (or some other helpful thing for the people of the CW) this is going to make the Brotherhood the true peacekeepers the Capital Wasteland deserves." but then it turns out once Maxson become the Elder he took the nuclear reactor for himself to power the Prydwen because he thinks he's the second coming of Christ and must save the Commonwealth.

11. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Did you know that Maxson... I mean Second Jesus is actually a magician and can summon whatever he wants out of thin air?