Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The militarist faction both at NMA and at work that have been following the developments of this 'lil picture would have an instant stroke if I added a foregrip to a sniper rifle...

But maybeh. The hand would certainly look better, the viewing angle for her left hand/arm is pretty fucked.

The top half of the body is magnificent (except for the left hand), and the face is brilliant. Maybe give the gun a strap and have her hand rest on top.

The legs, while good, aren't up to the same standard. They are slightly off. I think it would be fixed by scooting the right foot further under her center, to more clearly indicate where her weight is resting.

Dopemine Cleric said:
Awesome woozers!

Also, you could solve the finger problem by adding a foregrip to the bottom of the rifle, since It's already too big to be held standard and the angle downwards she's holding it gives off this nice casual feeling. Just a little critique.

While I don't want to get all SuAside here, (not because I don't agree with him when it comes to weapon details, he just does it better himself), I do not agre with you Dope.

Snipergirl's rifle is way too big for a grip like that one you linked.

The rifle is the size of the Barret m82 so that would be a better comparison:

Also:

Nice ass.

But the idea is up to wooz on how he implements it. It's a fictional rifle, but function counts.

Putting SOMETHING like a grip in that place would work, and it doesn't have to be a standard foregrip, it could be an extention of the lower forestock, it could be an SMG attachment, a lazer aiming system, a rocket, whatever the fuck.

Shoop da WOOP

speedysketchy, sniper-girl will have to wait a bit.

omg2.jpg

Whatever the fuck your doing, this post-modern space industrial theme you have in all your drawings, I pray to god it ends up in a videogame.

Dopemine Cleric said:
Whatever the fuck your doing, this post-modern space industrial theme you have in all your drawings, I pray to god it ends up in a videogame.

Agreed, with Mysticum as background music.

Two videogames. 8-)

But this last one was just for fun, out of sheer joy after finding out how to re-map Corel Painter's sucky keyboard shortcuts into Photoshop's.

snajp9ult.jpg

Done. This time for realz.

Decided the best way to deal with the bad hand problem was to ignore it entirely. Wham, bam, thank you mercenary.

The strap is really weird, Wooz. It doesn't look like it's actually going around her neck. And the way the strap is attached to the bottom of the stock looks kinda impractical. I dunno.

Otherwise, nice work.

Well yea strap looks like a ribbon, it looks like it couldnt take weight of gun. And this one for sure weight over 6kg.

Also I can't say what she is carrying in case attached to belt. Is that knife or gun... it looks a little messy there.

My first post here, so i have to say I love your works! Your arts are THOSE things which make people think, or at least admire.

Wooz said:
The militarist faction both at NMA and at work that have been following the developments of this 'lil picture would have an instant stroke if I added a foregrip to a sniper rifle...
the only way you could get away with that (alive) is to say it's an ultra light alloy rifle that's actually meant to be used as DMR. then, maybe. :P

Wooz said:
Shoop da WOOP

speedysketchy, sniper-girl will have to wait a bit.

omg2.jpg
i fucking love it.

(reposting pic on purpose!)

Wooz said:
Done. This time for realz.

Decided the best way to deal with the bad hand problem was to ignore it entirely. Wham, bam, thank you mercenary.
but you wandered into an even stickier problem: the use of slings.

do you want me to explain the basic uses and ways to attach them, or are you 'really' done this time around?

Oh, I know what they're for IRL.

I'll explain what they're for in this pic: to add a bit of movement lines :-)

And yes, really really done. This pic is overworked as it is... the 40 min golemsketch has more energy than this char design.

EDIT:

Gunslinger pic update/rework/WIP

gunslingerflatwip.jpg

Wooz said:
Oh, I know what they're for IRL.
they're for more stuff than you know, i'm sure.

but the problem was placement of swivels and use. but anyhow, finished is finished. :)

just fyi, do with it what you want, but the higher the bore axis, the more recoil the dude has to handle.

also, your cylinder isn't in proportion to the barrel. the barrel of such a revolver should be 1/2nd of the cylinder, not 3/4th. you could make your cylinder larger, if you want. you left plenty of room on the frame.

Q_Q moar!

it's not because it's art that it can't be realistic.

do note that i never said it SHOULD be realistic, but that it can be realistic...

Brother None said:
Heh. We should do a headcount of how many times you've had to defend/explain your critiques, SuA.
too many, that's for sure.

why can a man argue that a given color X would fit better, or that shadow Y should be touched up, and yet i can't comment on guns?

i'll still keep doing it though, BN. at least until Woozy tells me to quit it (and even then i'm not making promises that i'll never do it again ;) ).

Back