Making a Fallout mod together.

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Shaodeus, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Shaodeus

Shaodeus Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 28, 2016
    So I have been thinking, can't we make a Fallout 4 mod together here in No Mutants Allowed. Don't we have enough guys here to make something together, it doesn't have to be a giant entire Fallout game but just a total overhaul of perhaps a dlc sized area. At least that we have something that we can proudly call Fallout.

I don't want the franchise to go out with that shitfest called Fallout 4, our beloved franchise deserves a proper farewell.

What do you guys say?

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Fallout 3 was like watching a good friend succumb to drug addiction... NV was like watching that friend begin to recover from said drug addiction. we had good time with him. We were happy for him. We said our goodbyes and said farewell... 5 years later he calls up and he's like "yo, Imma be down there in a month" and once he arrived He remembers even less of his past and barely anything he says can be considered a coherent thought. He's undergone a complete relapse. His biggest regression since that time in 2004. I think its time we give up on him.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 8
  3. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    But maybe we should just enslave our friend and make him our bitch and do whatever we want, maybe that would be for the best.

Seriously can't we make a DLC sized mod ourselves?

4. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    That takes actual knowledge and dedication. This is a video game forum, not exactly the best place to find those things.

5. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    We can get ourselves some knowledge and we can get dedication from our hard-on for good RPG's writing and our hatred for Fallout 4.

We can do something here with the power of friendship!

6. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Read that as prolapse for a second. :smug:

Hes already been brainwashed and as a result became Bethesda's slave whore.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    You could say Bethesda is fallout's dealer to further my autistic analogy up there.

8. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    Well fuck, fuck Bethesda! Lets conquer here! Lets run and shit and do stuff! Leeerroooy Jeeeenkins!

I still believe!

9. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Leroy and all his party members were killed....

10. Izak

Izak I Shot The ALBATROSS

Jan 29, 2016
    :rip:

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  11. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    Shush, forget about such tiny details. Its the intention that counts, what would you rather have? That you just chill and relax or that you get the participation prize?

We can plan this out, make it take place in Oregon or wherever we want.

12. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    I don't think that sharing anything creative on a public forum is a smart move, since I had noticed a couple of interesting coincidences in the past years. Before F3 came out, there was open discussion about future F2 mods going on NMA with very specific ideas - ranging from ammo weight, through crafting, food system, to sleeping in beds. And guess what? All these ideas appeared in future bethesdean games. Well, at least in FNV, can't confirm anything else since I hadn't played it. And this is the reason why I won't participate in any publicly accessible creative project, be it modification, PnP session, or whatever. Giving my own free time and creative energy to some creatively bankrupt jackass from Bethesda (or anywhere else) for free? No way!

The best approach is to create your mod with a couple of friends in closed environment, and release it under GNU/GPL license; so anybody re-using your ideas or assets have to share his work for free as well. (As we've been seeing in F4 Far Harbor DLC with the quest stolen from FNV modder, not even this might protect you from being robbed though.)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    Who cares if some jack ass uses your ideas, isn't the result of your own project what matters?

The end justifies the means and all that

14. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Actually @Dr Fallout was/is working on a pnp project for the Oregon trail.

15. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    Modding Fallout 4... What would that accomplish?

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  16. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    And befoe anyone says, "show Bethesda how it's done" that was already done and they didn't make note of it. In fact they mostly ignored it. Cept that one quest.

17. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    Make the purchase of a game that's 50 bucks worth it for some people instead of a waste of money

18. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    I'd suggest you to recruit F4 modders in F4 modding subforum. This is NMA, so chances are that folks appearing in general Fallout forum would rather spank any F4 owner for supporting Bethesda, instead of helping them to suffer less with their 50 bucks worth game.

19. Shaodeus

Apr 28, 2016
    I....I thought that it was just going to be like Skyrim and Fallout 3, some game where you just mindlessly run around shooting stuff, I never could have imagined that it would be so awful. I didn't know, I didn't see

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    Disclaimer:
    I'd spank any Skyrim and F3 owner too, in a glad and nondiscriminatory manner. >_>
    • LINE UP IN AN ORDERLY FASHION

• [Like] [Like] x 1