Making new SFall compatible with old RP

PrrrromotionGiven

First time out of the vault
Hello all,

I am trying to make the latest version of SFall play nice with Killap's Restoration Project 2.3.3. I am NOT using RPU, deliberately.

The reason is that I am making use of specific features and submods that are only compatible with either newer SFall versions or the old RP 2.3.3. Namely, I want highlightable containers (at a bare minimum, I am also trying to get other things from FO2Tweaks) which the RP's included version of SFall doesn't offer, and I want EndoCore's Miria Mod, which I understand is not compatible with RPU (though I didn't actually test that to be sure - I just have the claims of others). To my knowledge no more modern Miria mod has been successfully made to co-operate with RPU, there was an attempt that was basically aborted a couple of years back which I had no luck with.

I think I might have the right combination installed, and I've carefully looked through the inis and made changes where I think strictly necessary. When I play, I get the bold red text warning "YOU HAVE OVERWRITTEN THE RP DDRAW.INI FILE, PLEASE REVERT BACK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE".

Apparently, to remove this red text all you need to do is include the line ModifiedIni=42 in ddraw.ini. My question is, should this work? Is there any reason why meshing the old RP with new SFall is inherently a bad idea? If it is probably unworkable then I would rather sacrifice SFall naturally, but boy do I want those highlightable containers.

Apparently, to remove this red text all you need to do is include the line ModifiedIni=42 in ddraw.ini. My question is, should this work?
Probably not, because it seems you overwrite RP's ddraw.ini with sfall's vanilla one.
sfall-readme.txt said:
Important Note:
If you are using a mod that already included sfall (e.g. killap's Unofficial Patch or Restoration Project), then that mod has probably included a custom modified ddraw.ini. In that case, overwriting it with sfall's vanilla ddraw.ini will be likely break your game. Instead, only overwrite ddraw.dll, and keep the mod's existing copy of ddraw.ini. (Or, if you know what you're doing, you can merge them together by hand.)
The "ModifiedIni" was merely a lazy check. To make RP 2.3.3 work correctly, at very least you need to set these options:
WorldMapSlots=21
BoostScriptDialogLimit=1
ElevatorsFile=elevators.ini

and I want EndoCore's Miria Mod, which I understand is not compatible with RPU (though I didn't actually test that to be sure - I just have the claims of others). To my knowledge no more modern Miria mod has been successfully made to co-operate with RPU, there was an attempt that was basically aborted a couple of years back which I had no luck with.
The companion expansion mod includes Better Miria. I haven't tried it, but I think it should be compatible with RPU.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout2/mods/70

Back