Fallout 2 mod Megamod version 2.47 Bug Reports and Suggestions

MIB88

So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
Modder
Edit for 9/2/2023: So here is the latest version of the Megamod, version 2.47.8. I'll clean up the rest of this post later, if/when an installer is made. For now, you can grab the manual version of the mod here:

Megamod version 2.47.8

(https://www.mediafire.com/file/grvza2dywypaezs/Fallout2+MM+version+2.47.8.7z/file)

Be advised: It is more than twice the size of the previous version due to all the extra artwork, weighing in at 543 mb.

Just unzip the contents directly into your Fallout2 folder.

MIB88

Edit4, because someone (@_Pyran_) is still way better at marketing and design than me! :cool:

MIB88: Megamod (Fallout 2)
Author: MIB88
Release:
~30.11.2005
Copyright: Bethesda Softworks LLC.

• If you played a lot in the previous version, please backup & don't delete it. And copy the save to the new version of the mod. If you have problems, you can return to the previous version.
I know there are still a number of issues/bugs, especially involving the Brotherhood of Steel.

If there is anyone out there who is able to post it on NMA or would like to include it on any other sites, please feel free to do so. I would greatly appreciate that.

Enjoy.

-Numerous dialog and grammar fixes
-Minor corrections to various maps (especially with regards to walking through objects)
-Cleaned up code in many scripts
-Removed some more instances where killed enemies had two sets of armor
-Corrected a number of scripts which had incorrect/missing variables regarding
Sexpert, Gigolo and Virgin (Thanks to Muttie)
-added story/character enhancements from Endocore
-Asking Klint, Sulik, or Cassidy to wait will no longer corrupt saved games
-Orphans in the Den really need to be watched: they'll attempt to steal from party NPCs too!
-Corrected team issues with certain caravans
-Numerous corrections to NPCs/quests in Colly
-Can no longer repeat the Arroyo/Umbra pact repeatedly for experience
-Corrected Dipper's script
---will not mention Vic or GECK if not appropriate
---added dumb dialog
-Klint can still attempt to heal the PC, but only if he has plant components
-Andy in VC now heals more party NPCs
-Inclusion of Vault Village and related quests

v2.47.5:
-------------------------
-Numerous dialog and grammar fixes
-Minor corrections to various maps (especially with regards to walking through objects)
-Cleaned up code in many scripts
-Added Lootable turrets and bots by NovaRain
-Added SCAR (Skilldex Color Asthetic Redux) mod from Kamos5
-Numerous party NPC fixes
---Myron has the proper talking head when wearing advanced power armors
---Human Lenny should no longer be referred to as a ghoul when entering Vault City
---Fixed bug causing crash when asking Private Dobbs to rejoin your party
---Made a number of corrections to dialog for Private Dobbs
---Removed potential bug regarding waiting for Cassidy, Sulik, and Klint
---Marcus no longer becomes unresponsive after speaking with him about mutant sterility
---Meris can once again be gained for your party
---Corrected party member backgrounds for some locations
---Skynet floats will no longer appear when it is not in your party
---Asking to have Klint change his distance will no longer lead to a crash
---Asking Klint to change his distance actually works
---Sounds restored to Dogmeat when wearing armor
-Removed some more instances where killed enemies had two sets of armor (including
the Bridgekeeper, who will now not produce a regular robe when killed)
-Corrected a number of scripts which had incorrect/missing variables regarding
Sexpert, Gigolo and Virgin (Thanks to Muttie)
-Fixed Modoc farm trapdoor in event explosives are used
-Unwashed villagers no longer generate armor when killed
-Other wild dogs (reddish brown ones) have sounds in combat
-added story/character enhancements from Endocore (Balthus, Chrissy at Vault 15, McGee
in New Reno, Arroyo tribesmen, Sheila in the Den, Elder regarding treaty)
-added moving turrets to Vault City
-Removed potential bug regarding an unimplemented perk and related items
-Unused items should no longer be spawned by geckos killed in random encounters
-Toned down (just a little) the enemies of Vault 14's leaders
-Fixes to critter artwork regarding dodging and being hit for artwork pulled from FO
Tactics (Thanks to Muttie)
-Fixes to Umbra Tribe
---Nessa's corpse can now be looted
---Nessa's ghost cannot be bartered with nor stolen from
---Nessa's ghost will not pick up loot around the area
---Krom's dialog/script have been corrected regarding the 'collect weapons' quest
---Leaving the merchant map before the trade is complete will no longer lead to the
Liebowitz Monastery
-Ms. Kitty has dialog for additional party NPCs to receive services at the Cat's Paw
-Minor change to centaurs >:)
-Some fixes to Scraptown
---Cleaned up some code Skippy's script
---Corrected bug with Skippy (in Scraptown) dialog that failed to start combat
---Corrected some slightly confusing dialog with Rayze
---Fixes to Baka's dialog options
-Failing the arm-wrestling contest against Francis does yield a benefit (message
stated that there was a stat increase but it didn't work before)
-Minor map change to make completing the first shaman quest a little easier if you
happen to take companions first
-Slik's drug inventory will refresh

Added Mods
- SCAR (Skilldex Color Asthetic Redux) mod (by Kamos5)
- F12se 17.11.19 (by Vad).
- Removed unused content.
- Use the default critical with bug fixes (value=2).
- Optimized cockroach animation (by BlackMail01).
- Redrawed worldmap Town Signs (by Pyran).
- Update 3 maps (by Pyran).

Key mod 1.2.1 (26.03.2020) (by Foxx).
-----------------------------------
* F3 - enable\disable key mod features (reassigning keys).
* F4/F8 - quick save\load.
* F5/F9 - standart save\load.
* A - Enter in combat mode or cursor selected "sight".
* E - End of fight.
* Q - Switching weapon modes.
* H - Remove items from your hands.
sfall-e:
* G - Pick up item.
* X - Hide interface.
* W - Reload weapons.
* Rctrl - Quick move items.

Additionally [Update by Pyran]:
Fixes:
- Children Patch (by Henrik Hvidtfeldt).
- Tribal animation fix (by Pixote).

HRP:
- Hi-Res 4.1.8 (by Mash).
- New menu background (by Pyran).
- Create\Fix maps edges for HRP (by Pyran).

Tweaks:
- sFall-Extanded (by Mr.Stalin).
- sFall2 alternative (by Crafty).
- sFall Configurator (by Mr.Stalin).
- Inventory Filter Plug-in + adds (by Mr.Stalin).

Advanced Appearance Mod:
- add. 6 models (by Mash, Mouse CZ, etc)
- with fix (by Foxx).

Adaptation:
- Adapted to the current version of gog\steam (by Pyran).
- Installation by the Lexx method (subfolder mode).

about bugs:
- BOS bunker facility, though that is not a suprise. Managed to lift the siege, but after that can't get down.
- Advanced power armor doesn't always display animation in maps. Seems like sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
- BOS research facility - can't get quest for gecko pelts
- EPA - I cleared all the plants on the entrance level, but alas, groundskeeper doesn't recognize my efforts
- EPA - game crashes when I try to open doors with deathclaws behind them
- EPA - generally crash every now and then.
- Abbey - despite downloading data from all the required computers, when I get back I can't download date to quest computer
  • Unpack the archive with mod v2.4X.x
  • Copy the contents from the archive in to the game directory, confirming the overwrite.
  • Run Start_mm.bat (wait several seconds) and change the resolution (1280*720 recommended).
  • Ok, well done.
or installer:
  • Install Fallout 2.
  • Run Megamod 2.4X.X (follow the instructions)
  • Default, installation takes place in a subfolder and does't overwrite the original! [C:\Games\Fallout 2\MOD].
  • To install in the game directory, please, change the path and enable checkbox "Root directory mode".
  • Ok, well done.

(page 35) - installer & manual version by Pyran

Last edited:
Some small bugs in the Abbey:
The "Operations Manual" has the Icon from a Suomi Salve.
The "Army Technical Manual" has the Icon from a Shaman Pipe.
The ladder under the trapdoor behind the medic teleports to the Ruined City near Redding when accessed from above.

Edit:
I found a "Starter" Item that has the description and graphics of Gecko Teeth, which has a clashing pro_item.msg id (64000) with the Teeth. There seem to be more clashing ids while looking through the file (basically the last paragraphs imported from the RP I think)

Last edited:
@Matt Drax
Thank you for the reports. I have a feeling there will be a patch out very soon to deal with the problems with ew items. Please keep the reports coming.

Downloaded 2.47. Since I just finished 2.46 will give it another go. Can't load my old saves, can't figure out why.
There were couple of other issues in 2.46:
Vertibird displayed "A healthy looking tree" when viewed with binoculars - will check it out in this playhtrough
Can't dismiss Marucs after he gets armor, something wrong with gvar 777, if set to 1 game crashes after dismissing Marcus, all other NPCs work properly.
Can't get Klamath crashed vertibird quest in Navarro, even if I have black box. Maybe because I have black box already in inventory it won't show the quest?
Wanamingo script in Vault14 freezes game in dialogue mode - can't get Merris in the party, though that may have been fixed in this edition. will check it out.

Some small bugs in the Abbey:
The "Operations Manual" has the Icon from a Suomi Salve.
The "Army Technical Manual" has the Icon from a Shaman Pipe.
The ladder under the trapdoor behind the medic teleports to the Ruined City near Redding when accessed from above.

Edit:
I found a "Starter" Item that has the description and graphics of Gecko Teeth, which has a clashing pro_item.msg id (64000) with the Teeth. There seem to be more clashing ids while looking through the file (basically the last paragraphs imported from the RP I think)

I have fixed the three bugs listed above.
And you are right about the items being from the RP. Those items are the items left over for me to either renumber or completely remake.
The correct pro_item file will be included in the upcoming 2.47.1 patch. Basically, I included my working file.

Downloaded 2.47. Since I just finished 2.46 will give it another go. Can't load my old saves, can't figure out why.
There were couple of other issues in 2.46:
Vertibird displayed "A healthy looking tree" when viewed with binoculars - will check it out in this playhtrough
Can't dismiss Marucs after he gets armor, something wrong with gvar 777, if set to 1 game crashes after dismissing Marcus, all other NPCs work properly.
Can't get Klamath crashed vertibird quest in Navarro, even if I have black box. Maybe because I have black box already in inventory it won't show the quest?
Wanamingo script in Vault14 freezes game in dialogue mode - can't get Merris in the party, though that may have been fixed in this edition. will check it out.

I will look into these issues. Old saves may not work... could be due to something I changed in one of the files in the data folder. As for the black box quest, you have to be assigned the quest after speaking to a specific NPC.

Last edited:
I've got no problem with old saves not working. It's just the way the process goes. Old saves up to Vault city work, so I may not need to do a completely new run. Not sure if it helps.
As for black box quest, I did try to speak to all of characters in Navarro and that got only Sgt. Dornan to patrol. Maria seems slightly bugged, at least for me. Will give it another go.

Last edited:
The Privitive tribe is quite botched... Krom's dialogue and script seem not to be the correct versions (NPC Replies as answers, some script logic errors it seems after reading through it all, "error" lines, etc), a lot of "Error" texts all around the dialogues and floats for the whole tribe...
MIB plz, this looks like a simply c+p all RP related stuffs in, don't release your work copy Alpha 0.01 :nuclear:

Edit: Oh and enother thing: could you remove the master.dat merging somewhere in the next versions? Parallel Mod installation ftw

Last edited:
... Maria is slightly bugged, at least for me.

She is the one you must talk with after she has completed her rounds.

@Matt Drax
This wasn't an alpha version. I've played through the Primitive Tribe and had no issues with it. However, I will check these things again. I am forced to work on different computers at times. It is possible that something got lost or misplaced. Also, with regards to modifying the master.dat file, it only replaces/adds first level party member proto files. It shouldn't interfere with any other mods you choose to play. Ah... well, I guess it would if the other mod you want to play has new characters. But, I don't know of a way around that. The first level of party NPCs have to be there if you want any fixes. If they are in the proto folder, the first level will over-write the other levels even if the NPC levels up.

Edit: Well that sucks. I modified all those files and tested them a while back. Well, this will be fun...

Last edited:
Hello dear developer/s. I have a problem with recruting Marcus. He says that there is much going in town and won't join . In previous thread (2.46) - you said that you will release a small patch about this problem. Can one have a link. (can't find it) I did every quest in town.

The files "desert10.gam" - "desert13.gam" have two "e" in their names.
Corresponding .map files have only one.

Is it supposed to be this way?

bugs:
- Sometimes when hit, my armor qets bypassed even though it's not a critical.

- Every shotgun weapons bypass armor too frequently ( weapons using 12ga ammo).

- When Marcus equip his armor (given at the abbey) he takes the frames of sulik in power armor. Also the proto files for marcus' armor are broken I had to repair them by new proto files.
- The script for Bill in abbey giving marcus' armor references cigarettes and handcuffs instead of mutant armor. I had to create 2 new proto for the mutant armor to fix the bug.

- Even after finishing every quest in broken hills, marcus won't join my party. there's a bug in marcus' script where it checks a gvar value for the completed quests that is never assigned (check if the Gvar equals 7 but I had 9 or something). I edited marcus' script so he can join me regardless of whether the quests in broken hills are done.

- I had an encounter with wolves/feral dogs (can't remember exactly) where 2 of 4 of the dogs were jabba the hut. Was quite funny but couldn't attack jabba and get out of combat mode.

- In cold farms, couldn't speak with fence to start the quest to kill english bob. He kept telling me to speak with english bob even though I finished every quest with him. I had to change Gvar 1007 to 1 to be able to speak with fence.

- The male lackeys in the bounty hunter encounter are bugged. They have sulik's frames (just saw sulik in combat armor and power armor frames).

- Can't access BOS bunker elevator (says i need a code) even though I finished the quest with the recon team. I had to edit Gvar 1080 to enter BOS bunker and I don't understand why the condition to enter BOS bunker is tied to this Gvar.

- Every quest in BOS bunker are unfinishable. Well I had a lot of problem with them couldn't finish them.

- Can't acces BOS facility, there's a problem with the script of the guard at the entrance. He keep telling to get out but i'm a scribe and a knight (edited gvar).

- In EPA can't finish the quest given by the gardener hologram where you have to kill the plant at the entrance. The script checks if I killed 22 plants ( not sure of that number) but the Gvar indicated 37. I just changed the script to check if I killed 22 or more plants (>=).

- In EPA green floor you can target the critters through the walls but if you attack the game crash.

- In San Francisco Doctor Fung has not stock. You can't buy stimpacks or anything from him, his inventory is empty.

I think that's all, I can't think of anything else for now.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the bug reports. I have some time off today, and I'll be dealing with these for the next few hours.

@roman13
I'll check out Marcus. Easy fix since @Sheen has found the problem.

@Declen
Good catch. No, those files definitely should not have the extra 'e'. They should have the same name as the maps. They are new files to make to make sure that slaves and merchants act differently if the slavers and caravan masters are killed in random encounters. I have renamed the files and they will be included in an upcoming patch.

@Sheen
I am tackling those bugs now. Thanks again. I will edit this post as they are corrected.

bugs:
- Sometimes when hit, my armor qets bypassed even though it's not a critical.

- Every shotgun weapons bypass armor too frequently ( weapons using 12ga ammo).

I have no idea what is going on here. Maybe there is an issue with one of the combat fixes...

- When Marcus equip his armor (given at the abbey) he takes the frames of sulik in power armor. Also the proto files for marcus' armor are broken I had to repair them by new proto files.
- The script for Bill in abbey giving marcus' armor references cigarettes and handcuffs instead of mutant armor. I had to create 2 new proto for the mutant armor to fix the bug.

That's what happens when I try to incorporate changes for a mod I haven't played. I didn't know that he gave the armor. I have changed art number to use and the item number. Handcuffs are no longer created. But, I don't understand why you were getting a reference to cigarettes.

- Even after finishing every quest in broken hills, marcus won't join my party. there's a bug in marcus' script where it checks a gvar value for the completed quests that is never assigned (check if the Gvar equals 7 but I had 9 or something). I edited marcus' script so he can join me regardless of whether the quests in broken hills are done.

Working on it...

- I had an encounter with wolves/feral dogs (can't remember exactly) where 2 of 4 of the dogs were jabba the hut. Was quite funny but couldn't attack jabba and get out of combat mode.

Proto has been edited to use the proper 'red' dog animation.

- In cold farms, couldn't speak with fence to start the quest to kill english bob. He kept telling me to speak with english bob even though I finished every quest with him. I had to change Gvar 1007 to 1 to be able to speak with fence.

Working on it...

- The male lackeys in the bounty hunter encounter are bugged. They have sulik's frames (just saw sulik in combat armor and power armor frames).

Working on it...

Edit: Fixed. Also fixed for several other critters and the characters for the eventually-to-be-added Star Wars encounter.

- Can't access BOS bunker elevator (says i need a code) even though I finished the quest with the recon team. I had to edit Gvar 1080 to enter BOS bunker and I don't understand why the condition to enter BOS bunker is tied to this Gvar.

- Every quest in BOS bunker are unfinishable. Well I had a lot of problem with them couldn't finish them.

- Can't acces BOS facility, there's a problem with the script of the guard at the entrance. He keep telling to get out but i'm a scribe and a knight (edited gvar).

Working on these...

- In EPA can't finish the quest given by the gardener hologram where you have to kill the plant at the entrance. The script checks if I killed 22 plants ( not sure of that number) but the Gvar indicated 37. I just changed the script to check if I killed 22 or more plants (>=).

The script was only checking if 22 plants were killed. However, there were actually 25 plants on the map. Killing all of them would mean the player could not complete the quest. The hologram's script now looks for 25.
But, let's assume you killed all the plants. Where did those other 12 come from?! What I mean to say is: Why did you show a value of 37? I must have attached that variable to either another script or that script to another critter. Ugh...

Or, wait. Did you happen to use the plant spray to kill some of the plants?

- In EPA green floor you can target the critters through the walls but if you attack the game crash.

A question, though: Is that when all critters are attacked? There was an issue a long time ago in which certain radscorpions were causing a crash. I'm wondering if it's just those old scorpions causing the problem.

- In San Francisco Doctor Fung has not stock. You can't buy stimpacks or anything from him, his inventory is empty.

Working on it...

Last edited:
@Sheen
Can someone tell me how to do this? Where and how i can edit Marcus's script? Please help. I really want into the new location.

That's what happens when I try to incorporate changes for a mod I haven't played. I didn't know that he gave the armor. I have changed art number to use and the item number. Handcuffs are no longer created. But, I don't understand why you were getting a reference to cigarettes.

Never mind about the cigarettes, my memory is a bit fuzzy I confused it with something else.

I have no idea what is going on here. Maybe there is an issue with one of the combat fixes...

I'll try to elaborate on this issue. Sometimes when I or my companions get hit, for 1 or 2 hits at the begining of combat, the armor is bypassed without critical. It's like the game hasn't loaded the DR and DT values yet.
And for the shotguns I have no idea what is causing this.

The script was only checking if 22 plants were killed. However, there were actually 25 plants on the map. Killing all of them would mean the player could not complete the quest. The hologram's script now looks for 25.
But, let's assume you killed all the plants. Where did those other 12 come from?! What I mean to say is: Why did you show a value of 37? I must have attached that variable to either another script or that script to another critter. Ugh...

Or, wait. Did you happen to use the plant spray to kill some of the plants?

I've got a doubt about the exact number of plants I killed it displayed in Gvars, but what I'm sure is that the number of plants I killed was higher than 22. And I didn't use the spray.

A question, though: Is that when all critters are attacked? There was an issue a long time ago in which certain radscorpions were causing a crash. I'm wondering if it's just those old scorpions causing the problem.

Immediatly when your enter the second room (after the room where the elevator is) you enter combat mode. First time the radscorpions initiated the combat and second time the molerats did. The walls are bugged because I could target (red outlining) the radscorpions or the molerats and when I attack them through the walls my game crash. I don't know if the game crash with the other critters.

I'd like to know somethings about the BOS bunker door that says "Without the access code, this elevator isn't taking you anywhere". It checks if Gvar 1080 >2 to allow access into the bunker but this Gvar is the quest to bring Prof Steel an holodisk. Is it normal ? In my mind
you should get the access code after rescuing the recon team.

I'll try to do more tests about the issues I talked about.

Last edited:
I've found a bug with traps in SAD Level 2. Trying to fix it.

Traps in game are implemented with spatial scripts. When you set such a script in BIS-mapper you must define its "radius" (default suggestion would be 0).

Is there any way to see what radius do existing spatial scripts on the map have?

One more thing:
Is 15.2mm ammo actually used in the game?
It has ZERO in DM denominator.

Last edited:
...Immediatly when your enter the second room (after the room where the elevator is) you enter combat mode. First time the radscorpions initiated the combat and second time the molerats did. The walls are bugged because I could target (red outlining) the radscorpions or the molerats and when I attack them through the walls my game crash. I don't know if the game crash with the other critters.

I'd like to know somethings about the BOS bunker door that says "Without the access code, this elevator isn't taking you anywhere". It checks if Gvar 1080 >2 to allow access into the bunker but this Gvar is the quest to bring Prof Steel an holodisk. Is it normal ? In my mind
you should get the access code after rescuing the recon team.

@Sheen
Thank you for the clarifications.
I haven't had a chance yet to go through the EPA.
That global 1080 should be the correct variable. I think the intent of the original mod where I took this from was to allow limited access to the bunker if the player had information to take to the professor.

I've found a bug with traps in SAD Level 2. Trying to fix it.

Traps in game are implemented with spatial scripts. When you set such a script in BIS-mapper you must define its "radius" (default suggestion would be 0).

Is there any way to see what radius do existing spatial scripts on the map have?

One more thing:
Is 15.2mm ammo actually used in the game?
It has ZERO in DM denominator.

I'm sorry, but I don't know if there is a way to see the radius of spatial scripts once they have been added to a map. I wonder if it is available if the map is converted to text file?

As for that strange ammo, it is for the weapons that the bounty hunters near Carson carry.

I've been reworking ALL aspects of the Primitive Tribe version from the RP. (I lost a ton of work somewhere.) Hopefully I'll have a patch out soon to fix that location. I've got about 10 scripts left to go through.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I don't know if there is a way to see the radius of spatial scripts once they have been added to a map. I wonder if it is available if the map is converted to text file?
Ok.
The problem was that the player couldn't detect the traps at the storage area on Level 2 SAD. I've guessed it was because the respective script spots were set woth radius 0. Maybe it was done on purpose but I fail to see for what greater good :-) I've replaced them with the new ones and set radius to 2. Except of those at lazer tripwire. This has done the trick. However, I had to rewrite the script a little bit, since the revealed plates were all wrong.
I also want to rewrite lazer tripwire section so that instead setting off explosions it deals the lazer damage. Or does something else entirely. Any suggestions?

In that case I would suggest that denominator value should be changed to some non-zero.

I will change it. After all, I could never become a Vault City citizen with that divide by zero error. (Ugh. I hope that reference isn't too obscure. ;) )

As for the traps in the SAD, I think either explosive or laser damage is good. Maybe laser is better since it is a high-tech area.

Fixed. Also fixed for several other critters and the characters for the eventually-to-be-added Star Wars encounter.

Last edited:
I haven't had enough time lately, side effects of RL I'm afraid.
I did start new game. Items in arroyo have wrong names. Spoon is machined parts, fork is also wrong (can't remember what exactly).
Farm encounter on the way to Den doesn't yield any guns from Metzger men. Don't know if it's intentional, if it is I understand why, getting couple of firearms could be somewhat overbalancing at that point in game.
Primitive tribe is completely bugged. Even though I'm playing with male character this time, Head warrior (Krom if I recall correctly) considers me a female, most of his dialogue after intros are either error or exit completely even if they shouldn't. I can enter fishing village screen, but can't get back - game crashes. When I actually do enter caves north of fishing village, game crashes. I have Klint, Sulik and Vic with me mostly in leather armors.
Will continue playing

Back