Misaligned pip-boy

Fleg

First time out of the vault
Hello there.

Ive ran into an issue in Fallout 3, whenever my weapon is equipped and I access my pip boy it always misaligns itself over short period of time. When weapon is holstered this issue does not happen. Does someone know what might cause the problem?

I am running vanilla with no mods.

Thanks!

BUMP.

I've just formatted, clean install FO3 + latest patch (1.7) + DLC, No mods - problem still persists.

Last edited:
Damn peculiar. Can't say I've seen it before...

Have you tried manually removing and re-adding the Pip-boy in question, using the console? The screenshot suggests this isn't a fresh game or anything, and it follows you after re-installation.

BUMP.

I've just formatted, clean install FO3 + latest patch (1.7) + DLC, No mods - problem still persists.

Yeah, I wouldn't do this. The board has rules against double posting, I mean in some occasions it's ok (they're not THAT strict) depending on why you double posted, but when you start your post out with BUMP it's probably not going to go across with the mods too well. They probably didn't say anything because it's your first time (Mods like Yamu and Tagz are cool like that, on the other hand, you didn't hear it from me ((well, you kinda did, but...)) but some of them will VAT your ass faster than you can say "I Love NMA" just because. But again, what board doesn't have it's overly-strict mods/admins?) I just felt it good to let you in on the "going-on's" around here since your a newcomer (though chances are you just signed up to ask a question. Your wasting Bandwidth!)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also: Google Is Your Friend. Google Good.

Chances are someone else in the entire internet world has came across this problem somewhere, AND figured out how to fix it. And every time someone says something, Google charts it. Especially when it's related to something as big and used as a Fallout game. And, just in case you say you did look through Google, if you give up after looking through the first 3-5 pages or never trying a different set of key words for the Google Engine to search by, your probably not going to get your answer like that. Not to be a dick or anything, but Fallout 3 doesn't get the best reputation around here. I mean just go into the Fallout 3 Discussion Board and read some of the stuff. You're probably not in the best place to find an answer yo your question.

Last edited:
Don't backseat-moderate. :ugly:

On topic, this seems to be a common bug that can be (temporarily) fixed by holstering your weapon. You might try a pipboy mod and see if it still happens.

Sure thing, pops!

Forgot about the whole back-bench moderating rule. But then again, who knew giving advice was moderating?

Last edited:
Back