Modders Going On Strike?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by TransgenderVaultDeweller, Oct 14, 2016.

1. TransgenderVaultDeweller

TransgenderVaultDeweller "Fallout 4 adds to the lore"

Aug 14, 2015

So it seems that various mods on the skyrim nexus are being taken down due to protest over the election. Maybe more of you have source over this and can explain how big or small this is. I will just say this.

>#I'mWithHer

>OccupyWallStreet

How can you support Occupy Wall Street when you support someone who legit balled out wallstreet and wants more deregulation over it.

Anyways, Rip to all those who wanted their mods, it was shit anyways i bet.

Anyone who wants to take a look at it.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43241/?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 4
  2. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    I don't know whether this is more pathetic or hilarious. It sure is cringy though.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  3. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Which modders? Some no-names?

4. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015
    This is allegedly happening to a lot of popular mods. So go figure.

5. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    Do these people seriously think people are going to go "omg I can't download "big fat orc cocks for skyrim: realistic ball jiggle edition" #ImWithHer now"?
    Interjecting your politics into your mods so hard as to stop people from downloading them is just... baffling.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  6. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015
    Okay, People who made Civil War overhaul and Fire and Ice are just two whom took down their mods.

7. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    Could you recap in short what's going on and what's with women and wallstreet again?

8. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015

Apollo Down is pissed at the election so she/he decided to take down the mod to protest and argued as you see in the image above in the OP that it is due to donald trump.

9. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    Yup that'd be Apollodown(syndrome). He was always a pretty cringy and immature twat. Maybe he should focus more on that "epic" Mannimarco mod that was supposed to release like a year ago instead of having a meltdown over politics on a fucking Skyrim mod site.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. 0wing

Mar 23, 2015
    That's just immature. Now tell me he's not from USA to make situation even more stupid.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. artjon

artjon Not Kai-zars Fanboy

Oct 10, 2016
    For more context, this is the conversation that prompted this.

12. Vergil

Vergil Banned

Jul 8, 2014
    >complains about there being too many White Nords
    >in Skyrim

>gets so fanny flustered when people call him out on it he throws a temper tantrum and hides all his mods

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  13. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    I love it. 2016 has been amazing.

Big celebrities dropping like flies.
    A reality tv-star runs for presidency.
    Who's opposition is a known criminal who gets away with anything.
    A cartoon frog is co-opted by the alt right, kind of, and is now considered an official hate symbol.
    Clowns are running wild in the US.
    England leaves the EU on a margin and the leaders are like "the fuck we do now!!?"
    Refugee crisis goes to show just how batshit the left has turned.
    Dicks out for Harambe.

And now modders are going on strike cause of social politics, yo.

It kinda sucks, but it's also amazing.

• [Like] [Like] x 10
  14. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/2k252e/apollodowns_mods_off_of_nexus/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1nd5fq/apollodown_has_taken_down_his_mods/
    He takes them down frequently, perhaps that is why he is called apollo "down". Anyway, this is the guy that is behind the ever so c00l creation kids, who have literally done nothing of value.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65163/?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods...creation_kids_still_dancing_and_singing_join/
    Not really worth any attention imo, you're not missing out on much.

15. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    This is what being a social justice warrior means now. Posting cringy hashtags, contsant complaining and taking down mods.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  16. lolpop109

lolpop109 Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    Fuck it i am taking atlanta down intill someone buys me a pint

17. Throatpunch

Throatpunch Banned

Apr 14, 2016
    For actual fucks sake its the civil war mod I really want. Idiot.

18. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Resident crazy lady

Jun 15, 2015
    Oh for fuck sakes! Politics should stay out of mods. Gaming is one of the few things in this world that brings people from all walks of life together. The people who are doing this seem to be a bunch of self-important ego manics who think people actually give a rats ass about their political beliefs and take them seriously on such matters. Kinda like Hollywood celebrities! Thankfully, the modders I do like and respect haven't done this mainly because those modders mod for fun and not for some self-important celebrity status.

• [Like] [Like] x 13
  19. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I am pretty left (at least I thought I was for a long time), but this is incredibly stupid and modders forcing their social or political views onto others is not really helping promote their creations (or themselves).
    As RangerBoo said, these topics have no place on a modding site, start a blog or an online video channel were you talk about your thoughts and opinions, but don't post it on places that are no political.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  20. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Level 27 Wizard Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Fuck Skyrim anyway. Needs more guns and less derpy dragons.

• [Like] [Like] x 2